main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I can't even fathom why their appearance (or age) is of any significance.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    She doesn't need to sit around and think that - Carrie LOVES playing about with the oft asked questions. As I said before, I got to sit with her for a few hours a couple years ago and OMG... the woman has a wicked, razor sharp wit and sense of humor!

Sometimes it was like being at an airport - some things she would say would zoom RIGHT over people's heads (I tell you, my sides hurt from laughing and trying to keep it in) - even for the most inappropriate questions, she always had a snappy answer (but with the kids - oh, she was SOOO gentle and sweet). I have nothing but admiration for her as an actor/writer and a person - in fact, I hope that she gets a little input in Leia's dialogue (like Harrison's 'I know') Adults will be in stitches while kids will be happily munching on popcorn...

3. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    she claimed she sniffed cocaine during the OT. i HOPE that was just a bad joke?! Somebody who claims something like that, has no place in a disney production..[face_plain]

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh, for crying out loud. It was the 80s.

And if they drug tested Hollywood today, I think you'd see few films being made, period.

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh she admits to a LOT more than that... Carrie was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad girl! [face_laugh]

And I would snap up her fly on the wall book on the making of the films in a heartbeat -

One particular thing she said dug up from these rusty old innards - when asked how she liked filming the 'romance' scenes with Harrison - 'Oh, Harrison didn't like filming them...' and then she winked at me... (I nearly died right there!)

6. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Before I wave the white flag on this, I want to mention a recent quote of Carrie's that I distinctly remember reading (but of course I can't find it now that I need to), where she said something to the effect that she thought the fans already knew she was coming back, and so she didn't consider it big news.

But you've made your point, so mea culpa! I give up. Carrie does have a wicked sense of humor, and in all the interviews I've seen where she talks about what became of Leia, I don't think I've heard Carrie give one straight serious answer -- unless she really does think Leia would have left Han for Lando ;)

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    You mean like how Britney Spears used to be in the Mickey Mouse club, and then showed her sexually charged music video on the Disney channel? Lindsay Lohan used to make movies for Disney? Or what about the pirates of the Caribbean movies that are filled up with sexual innuendo, perverted jokes, and other things I would prefer not to write on here where little children are reading?

Since when did someones past dictate whether or not they should be in a film? I sure hope you don't make any mistakes in life. Karma would be a cruel mistress to you.

KevinM1 likes this.
  8. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Johnny Depp did a whole bunch of crazy things in the 80's/90's. Are you upset he's the main character in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise? Ditto Robert Downey Jr., yet no one has a problem with him being Iron Man (remember: Disney owns Marvel).

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm fairly new here so I wasn't aware you actually got to spend some time with Carrie. I am so jealous!

Yes, yes, yes, I concede the point that Carrie has a sharp sense of humor and frequently says things tongue-in-cheek. I just had the feeling that she wasn't this time, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, or the last.

And yeah, I would love for Carrie to have some input on the dialogue. Aside from being a talented and funny writer herself, she has been living with this character for over 30 years.

10. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    You think she was alluding to the infamous "kiwi" episode?

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    More like the whole fruit salad... I heard about the 'closet' episode then too - [face_laugh]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    For a women of her age she does.

And where is everyone getting this Jedi thing? Is there some spoiler I'm unaware of? Because last I checked Episode 7 is an original story.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    *thud*

Care to spill any details? Or point me to a thread where you have spilled some details on this?

Oh man, how I wish Carrie would write a tell-all book on the making of the movies! [face_praying] Even if she doesn't talk about the kiwi stuff (and I'm guessing she won't while Harrison is still alive) it would be awesome.

Pro Scoundrel and Mata2010 like this.
  14. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    I teared up when I heard this, SHE'S ACTUALLY COMING BACK.OH MY GOD. *sobs* Does this mean that Harrison and Mark will come back? They're more likely to now. I'm so happy right now oh my god.

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Didn't she stop being a princess when the planet she was princess of was destroyed? At this point, she could have any sort of title. Jedi master? Senator? Chancellor? But I'm guessing not a princess.

themetresgained likes this.
  16. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013

Hey you destroyed my arguments. But your points seems legit. Disney is a HELL of a company. [face_laugh]

17. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    From this year

themetresgained likes this.
  18. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Carrie was hilarious in that video. She's definitely a little off, but in a funny way. :)

19. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Now I want to re-watch "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back", just to see CF's cameo....

20. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    She was great in her episode of 30 Rock.

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    She can also be seen in the Roast of Rosanne, which I think was filmed last year if I'm not mistaken. Currently, it's available on Netflix streaming.

krtmd likes this.
  22. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    She also made an awesome cameo in Fanboys.

The real question is whether or not Billy Dee Williams will return.

23. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Picture from earlier this year....
    [​IMG]

24. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
  25. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Jokes aside, I think this photo was taken this year.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.