main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I raised a thread along time back of whether Ahsoka would be in the ST.

I did not know at that time there would be standalone films (a big surprise). I also did not know how Ahsoka would end TCW (another big surprise).

I think, regardless of everyone's preferences (and I do not mind either way), it is a distinct possibility she could be re-introduced in some way.

If she was introduced to the ST she does have a powerful backstory of leaving the Jedi Order not for darkside reasons but for disaffection. Her reasons are not Anakin's. As such they could provide something novel for the ST and also a familiar face for those who have grown up primarily with SW as TCW whereas us older ones are more familar with Luke etc.

It could be interesting (all the different possibilities for the future make this time as an SW fan great!)

2. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I slowly begin to be on the George Lucas side (The ones who wanted Ahsoka to be killed.)

Dark side here i come!

fett 4 likes this.
  3. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Still don't really understand why it is so awful to people that so far she is still alive. I mean, she is not my favorite character by a long shot or anything, but this latest development to her character really doesn't bother me.

4. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    It makes yoda obi wan and luke look less awesome.

Ahsoka can shine in her own era. OT is no place for her.

5. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I agree. I was not a particularly big fan of the Ahsoka character at first but, thinking about it, I can see her playing a role in the ST. She'd be a hell of a lot older but that might actually work well. She'd also function well as a link, for Luke, to his father and the history of the Jedi Order. I like the idea.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    She would only be just a bit older than Han (like 4 to 5 years), but yeah, she would be old. I like the idea, because then it gives the Ahsoka character the ability to have her own adventures between TCW and EP7. It would be cool if if Ahsoka ran into Shaak Ti again along in her adventures. Per the Force Unleashed Canon, Shaak Ti survives Order 66.

7. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I like the idea of her being a sort of slightly crazy - in a Yoda-like way - wise old woman who can relate to Luke so much information about his father, the old Jedi Order, the Jedi training regime, as well as a hell of a lot of experience. I could envisage her encountering Luke as a stranger, sensing his presence in the Force, perhaps recognising him as Anakin's son.

8. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    "Hi Luke, i am Ahsoka Tano, i knew your father Skyguy."

[face_sick]

Obi Wan already told Luke anything about his father. No need for methusalem togrutas.

9. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    This thread is discussing the idea of an Ahsoka spinoff. That kind of film would not need to take place in the OT.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    J.J. Abrams could make her character into someone like Richard Alpert from Lost. Not saying he should.

11. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    ah, ok. i did not notice that.

But i still think live action Ahsoka is just an awefull idea. She must stay a 3D figure.

12. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    :confused:

13. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I don't know about the ST, but she might make for interesting background for one of the other spinoffs, or maybe a Kenobi adventure (*conquest* LOL) during the desert years...

14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Young teens and kids give nick names like that. I seriously doubt a 70yr old Ahsoka would be referring to Anakin as "Skyguy". Quit exaggerating it sir. Through the course of the show Ahsoka has grown into a STRONG character and one I would want at my side in any battle. Jedi or not. Maybe you missed the chase scene when they were trying to capture her? Not just any Jedi could have done all the things she did. It was frankly spectacular. Hell, I would DATE Ahsoka. She has alot of admirable traits, despite your bloated exaggerating. I even think Ventress has begun to respect her in one way or another.

I should also mention that Togruta' have an average lifespan of 94 years as opposed to humans being around 70. It's not a stretch to see she would still be alive.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  15. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    You are clearly in her OBC´s ban! SNAP OUT OF IT!

16. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I was thinking something like this as well, a Jedi Purge spin-off instead of a tv show though.

Vader hunting down his old apprentice could show how truly evil he has become. Maybe he tries to convince her to become his secret apprentice and she declines, so he kills her. Vader being the antagonist would be a huge plus since they have a deep connection and Ahsoka wouldn't have to carry the film on her own.

Could have some other cameos as well, Shaak Ti could make an appearance, maybe Boba is helping Vader hunt down Jedi.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Bad idea, the Ahsoka/Anakin relationship is the bedrock of the show, besides we have already been show how evil Vader can be.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Never thought of Ashoka in the Kenobi spin-off flick. That could maybe work, kinda. So, eventually Old Ben is going to go off and face his former apprentice but Ashoka does it instead to stop him. And she's the one who dies at Vader's hand!

Ashoka's life ending because of Darth Vader is a thing I can only see. It's her former master, I don't think if / when she finds out that Vader is Anakin Skywalker she wouldn't, y'know, look into it.

StoneRiver likes this.
  19. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    If the choice is to have a film about Ahsoka just for Vader to kill her, then I'm against it. Again I think since 1977 we've been shown Vader is a bad guy. I don't think killing his former Padawan does anything for the progression of the story.

I'm also in the camp of "enough Skywalker" Anakin got 6 films. Looks like Luke will get at least 4 or more. Lukes kids will probably get more. I thought the purpose of a spin-off was to explore something else? It seems like the most creative idea is "Vader hunts down and kills people". [face_hypnotized]

20. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Hypothetically I could see her using "Skyguy", WIAT hear me out!:

Luke runs into Ahsoka somehow, they somehow figure out the relationship between them and Ahsoka turns away from Luke, slightly as thinking about the past and whispers out loud "Anakin? An-a-kin?" then with a smile and a wink she turns to Luke and says "Skyguy".. Luke looking puzzled asks "what?", she then says "Anakin, now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time". Luke: "you know him", "Of course I know him, I was his padawan!" (a little nod to ANH right there)

I agree, it was great to see her tactics and use all those skills. Remember, she was trained by Anakin! So I say she has a LOT of Anakin's good quality's, but probably none (or very little) of his bad qualities. I'm optimistic she grows to be the the Jedi Anakin was supposed to be. Except of course we can no longer use the word Jedi for her.

I too would date Ahsoka, but I think she would be hard to handle. But Ashley did mention last night that she probably likes ice cream and cupcakes, as that's were she was headed after she left the temple.

I didn't know this! It's nice to see if the "Vader kill Ashoka people" don't get their way, she may live to a ripe old age. 70 in Togruta's years is probably equivalent to early 50s in a human. And when you are strong with the force, age doesn't matter (look at Papatine, Dooku, Yoda, Mace).

If I have to see Ahsoka old, I want her to be cheerful and not a crazy cat lady. Almost a joyful, less evil, less crazy version of Mother Talzin. This could be another story arc: Ahsoka meets up with Ventress and goes back to the night sisters. Somehow they adopt Ahsoka and she ends up being their leader in the future. Any good artists out there? I want to see Ahsoka riding a Rancor twirling a lightsaber fighting evil!

21. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Ahsoka loves her Skyguy.

22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Wow. People are still bothered by the "Skyguy" quote? Even when she hasn't said it in all these years?

Anywho, Obi-Wan didn't tell Luke about the gradual decay of the Jedi Order; there's a lesson in that, one that can be explained by Ahsoka.

23. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes, still funny. Even after all that orchestra core and shoehorned conspiracy arcs. They are still Skyguy and Snips. LOL

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm not sure about a full standalone film, but I wouldn't mind her as a minor to medium character in one.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They actually weren't shoehorned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.