main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Of course I got them:

708-320-1737 or 708-320-1RFR

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Perfect. I'm updating the Save Our Clones! page with those numbers and the contact info for Cartoon Network as well. We might as well hit them.

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    It did happen, it wasn't a deleted scene. It's in the newsreel section of Revival where we see Maul and Savage dueling and killing Finn Ertay and this Nikto Jedi. His animation model was based on Ima-Gun Di, which is why they look the same.

4. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I think Filoni said in an interview (Insider?) that originally she came back to the order....

5. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    The part when Ahsoka says "and without you" then turns her back to Anakin was so powerful, it was like to lovers parting ways. Don't tell me that "student, teacher, sister, brother, best friends stuff. No at that very moment it seemed like there was more. Their connection is stronger than him and Padme's Ahsoka can feel what Anakin feels and vice versa literally, they fought side by side everyday, they spent hours with each other, they were the perfect tag team. I know not every girl guy relationship has to be this way but if you spent that much time with someone and had that type of connection and went through the things they did together you can't tell me your feelings for each other would not go beyond "just business".

DavidIX and rumblewagon like this.
  6. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    i have a dejavu or you copy pasted your post? :confused:

7. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Ashley said last night that the relationship was 100% brother/sister like, and that there was never a plan for it to be more than that. I do agree that normally when a guy and a girl work very closely together, feelings can grow, however it feels that's not the case with Anakin and Ahsoka. For one Anakin is in total love with Padme (in that way) I don't get the sense that he's in to being in love with multiple girls. Also Anakin was given Ahsoka when she was 14, as a student. I couldn't see Anakin liking her in that she was his student. Yoda would have blown his stack: "Gave you a 14 old Padawan I didn and date her you must?!!"

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I agree that Anakin and Ahsoka are important to each other, maybe more attached than a padawan and master should be, but I've always thought of the bond as similar to Obi-Wan's and Anakin's relationship - familial.

On a side note, maybe Ahsoka being able to walk away from Anakin means she has finally learned to control her attachments, like Secura was trying to teach in Jedi Crash. It was obviously difficult for Ahsoka to walk away though. I know Anakin's attachment issues are the prequels plots, but I would love to see the challenges he's now facing with an absent padawan, in a sixth CW season, because we don't get to hear him cry about it in ROTS :p

QuangoFett and InterestingLurker like this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Just to stir the pot, well she's not 14 anymore and is an adult now and genetically they are not brother and sister and she is no longer in the order now either, so there really should be no problem. It would also help explain why Padme isn't going "Oh Annie have you talked with Ahsoka lately" etc, if instead Padme's thinking, That bitch better stay the hell away from my husband :p

Of course if Filloni has got his way, we could be looking at the new special,special edtion
    Luke "Yoda spoke of another"
    Obi-wan "The other he spoke off was your half Torgrutan sister"
    Luke "My what!!.."

Though as it's a kids cartoon I doubt they will go that route regardless of the obvious on screen chemistry, if it had been a live action adult show then more than they may have done. Put it this way it can't have been worse than this which has already been done ;)

BW2 likes this.
  10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm sure Anakin realizes that she's underage. [face_plain]

Sally_Mothma, BW2 and Esg like this.
  11. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm not uptight when it comes to relationships and what not, I just feel Anakin is such a mess already, making him "crave" his Padawan is overboard. I mean the guy slaughters younglings, I don't think he has to hook up with them just to make him more evil. Granted Ahsoka isn't a youngling (but just barely when he met her).

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    So guys, I enhance the ending by playing Yub Nub over the shot of Ahsoka walking away.

13. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I hate subliminal messages.

But i will also make use of them of course.

14. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It was just her "final" scene with Anakin. They're specifically getting inside Ahsoka's head in the last episode. Whenever something happens in a serialised story like a TV show, the producers and actors will always big up the most recent change to make it seem the most important and permanent. Then the next change takes place. And then the next...

And note this specific exchange:

The implication is that Ahsoka will continue evolving. Judging by all the past comments surrounding the grand finale to TCW and "that thing with Ahsoka", this evolution will probably take place on-screen.

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Yaaaaaay, Ashley answered my question!!!!!! Ahsoka did not forget the vision on Mortis!
    But now I'm sad, because I was in denial... Ashley implies that Ahsoka's role is over. Maybe she never comes back. Ahsoka is really gone. =((:(:_| When Ashley talked about all the sad little girls out there, and wanting to console them, I got really, really sad. But there are more stories. I really need the show to continue, so I need to mail a letter ASAP.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sad little girls?

OK.

GGrievous likes this.
  20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Sad little girls.

BW2 likes this.
  21. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    This article makes me want to see more of Bail and Mon Mothma working together. All we saw was Bail and Padme so far in this series. It will not only be interesting, but also necessary to see the relationship between Bail and Mothma. for that's far more important to SW in my honest opinion

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    Let's think about all the people speculating that Disney has shut down TCW. First, Dave would have known before the deal was struck with Disney, how it will effect the show, and yet he remains positive saying there are more, and also said many more, stories to tell with TCW. He can not say where exactly, but he knows. Read what he says in the new interview...

Filoni: [Laughs] Well, that’s the interesting part, this wait-and-see thing, I know, for fans. But there are more stories to tell, and as I’ve said, we’ve been working on them for awhile. I’ll be excited when we can share more details with you about that, but at this point, there isn’t really much I can say. Unfortunately, that’s all I can say. Sadly, for you guys. [Laughs] I see cool stuff every day… it’s totally unfair!

So he says there are more episodes/seasons of TCW... they have been working on them for awhile now, I believe they are at least a year ahead by the time it is broadcasted, meaning they are almost done with season 6... He'll be excited when he announces these future episodes. He is continually seeing cool stuff in TCW everyday... meaning he is still working on more episodes. If Disney was going to shut them down, he would not be working on more episodes... and those episodes are most likely season 7.

Now whether or not TCW will be broadcasted on TV or not, I don't know, but there will be an outlet. And it sounds like it will be at least a couple seasons more. The rumor that Disney is cancelling TCW is rubbish.

IGN: That’s very encouraging, because there are some more extreme rumors saying, “The show is over!” But I kept thinking, “But they’ve been making episodes, so that can’t be the case!”
    Filoni: Right? Always in motion is the future.

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The Onderon took on some complex topics alright. It took them on with all the complexity of a fly trying to get out my downed car window. I love how the reviewer refers to the Droid arc as a 'controversial plot line'. Just call it a wast of time already. Poor Brent Friedman. I didn't realize the ice field was from Star Tours, I guess I haven't gotten that course yet. I've only been on the ride twice since it was redone. I wonder how many more times it'd take. Looks like we aren't going to get and actual Republic Commando arc but something the the vein of that? Word of god is Palps did not know about Barriss.

IGN: There are so many questions, obviously, about the future of the show, but back last summer at Celebration, you talked about work being done on Season 6. We know that there are completed episodes that we haven’t seen. Might we get an announcement one way or the other about when and where we’ll be seeing that, any time soon?
    Filoni: [Laughs] Well, that’s the interesting part, this wait-and-see thing, I know, for fans. But there are more stories to tell, and as I’ve said, we’ve been working on them for awhile. I’ll be excited when we can share more details with you about that, but at this point, there isn’t really much I can say. Unfortunately, that’s all I can say. Sadly, for you guys. [Laughs] I see cool stuff every day… it’s totally unfair!
    IGN: That’s very encouraging, because there are some more extreme rumors saying, “The show is over!” But I kept thinking, “But they’ve been making episodes, so that can’t be the case!”
    Filoni: Right? Always in motion is the future. This is where I can be very vague and quizzical. [Laughs]

24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Filoni: "Part of it was, when Revenge of the Sith came out and I read the novel and I watched the movie, I really got that the Jedi Order wasn’t in as good standing with the Republic as I had thought. There was an idea there, especially in the novel, that the public had kind of swayed their opinion against them."

I suppose there's some small comfort knowing that Stover's masterpiece isn't being completely ignored...not to mention a little bit of vindication in pointing out the RotS novel prologue in relation to this last arc.

Filoni: "I don’t like to promise stuff that we’re not going to deliver. There’s a whole subculture with the Star Wars fandom that’s the Republic Commando culture, so we get ‘em in there when we can. But it’s safe to say when there’s something like that and you get it in front of George, he’s going to give you his kind of version of it, which you maybe will see."

Yes, we're already aware. You let the cat out of the back back when Delta Squad first showed up. Commandos weren't in the movies=commandos aren't important. So says Lucas. Why give fans things you know they'll enjoy? :rolleyes: Never mind that we spent far too much time on non-movie droids (aside from R2) on a non-movie planet for a non-movie-related reason.

IGN: "Ahsoka says, 'If they didn’t trust me, how can I trust in myself?' It’s hard not to think she’s also thinking, 'How can I trust them?'"
    Filoni: "Right, and that was an interesting line. That was one that George changed himself. He actually didn’t want Ahsoka to seem like she was angry at the Jedi Council."

No, see, this is stupid. If you don't want people calling out the Council for being wrong, and you don't want your characters to be upset with the Council being wrong, then the answer is obvious―don't write them being so out-of-character wrong! Ahsoka's pissed at the Council, Lucas. Hamfisted script changes just make Ahsoka sound dumb, they don't absolve the Council of further bad writing.

25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Disney will censor everything , keep. CN please Mickey let at least one show not be on your stupid disney xd channel.
    Please.
    EDIT: Then again I want it back on Fridays .