main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    She was also in X-Men First class. Won an oscar fell down some stairs.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, okay. Yeah I didn't watch that. :p

Did watch X-Men though...I guess she was Mystique?

3. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Yes, she was.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Not only does she look like she could totally play Han and Leia's child, she's a good actress and she seems like a genuinely good person. I think she and Carrie would play off each other very well. The more I think about it, the more I like it!

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks.

If someone would like to write me a guide to "modern young celebrities" I'd appreciate that, as I know who very few of them are :p

6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Something seems... off about her for me. Maybe it's because she's a little younger than what I imagined.

On the other hand, if anybody remembers TFN's original Casting Call for Jaina...? Some of those actresses are probably the right age still. I voted back then for Lacey Chabert and probably still would - provided she ditched the fake tan and the girly make-up. She has the dark features of both Ford and Fisher, has Fisher's large eyes (and roundish face), and could have either of her parents' skin tone.

Edit: I've started a fantasy casting thing in the EU thread in the Episode VII forum if you want to share your ideas there.

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Indeed. And I think she looked great!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Shouldn't this be "fell down going up some stairs"?

9. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Shhhh.

10. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    She's still a princess? That's almost as sad as being a prince at Chuck's age.

11. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012

hah, i remember voting in that casting call years ago. i think chabert (currently age 30) is the age they should be aiming for regarding the skywalker/solo children: young enough to be the leads of a new trilogy while still being old enough to conceivably be the children of people in their 60s.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup! James Earl Jones is NOT in Star Wars! ;)

13. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I don't even want to think about how old I was when I voted in that. 10? 11? I remember when Mean Girls came out I thought of it as "that movie with Lindsay Lohan and Jaina Solo" :p I agree with you, I think if you push back the timeline of when the kids are born you still would need them to be in their mid 20s at the youngest.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Carrie Fishers reps have just stated Carrie was joking and stated nothing has been offically announced yet.

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Knew it.

16. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Duh.

What was most umm enlightening to this story was just how quickly and by whom the story was picked up on by generally-accepted credible news outlets. Not that this is unique or anything, but hopefully given the nature of this news, allows many more who were blissfully ignorant of that reality to now extrapolate the same possibility for the rest of the news they value.

17. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    so FISHER HERSLEF says shes back and A REP says its a joke?

*sniff* I SMELL NDC

18. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Just as I suspected. :p

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

19. The_Coon

Feb 11, 2013
    im telling you its and NDC its like when abrhams said he turned it down and suprise hes the director i bet she has sgined on but the rep is protecting her so it will remain "secret"

20. The_Coon

Feb 11, 2013
    i eman if it WAS a joke then they need to speed up if this film is to be complete by 2015 its like someone WANTS it upshed back

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Its pretty clear based on JJ Abrams signing on for the directors chair that he did indeed get permission to delay the release date so he could finish up post production of Star Trek (at the very least you gotta admire the professionalism since hopefully it will reflect in his professionalism to Episode VII), so until after that airs Im weary of any more news beyond maybe signing of original cast.

Plus lets not forget LFL needs to map out not only episodes VII-IX but all the spinoffs and how they'll tie into the movies (I-IX). Plus Im sure there is a lot of writers at LFL potitioning for plots atm (be it orginial or reimaginings of the EU). So as much as I WANT news, I actually view this as a good thing in the long run for the quality of the future films.

IMHO the odds are high that most of the old cast is all but offically signed up now, the hold ups being on LFL realizing just how much planning there is, JJ Abrams not being able to help much atm, and likely Harrison Ford negotating how/when Han will die. Due to lack of JJ Abrams atm due to being busy I'd wager next to no new actors have been offically signed on yet either.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    To be honest, this pisses me off. I feel like an idiot now.

But maybe it is because of NDA. In that case it's all cool.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I imagine that we'll get some news here and there, but Kathleen Kennedy herself said something along the lines of "2013: some news, 2014: year of SW."

Given that, unless things are pushed forward (rather than back, as some think JJ's involvement will necessitate), it sounds like the safer bet may be to expect the bigger announcements (like the cast for the new heroes) to arrive next year.

That said, I cannot, for the life of me, see how LucasFilm/Disney will be able to hold off for another year on some type of official 'Big 3' confirmation.

24. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
  25. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    Well said.

And I don't think the odds are high that most of the old cast is signed up. I'm confident it is a done deal, more or less.

They had to go to JJ to get him on board. And JJ plays this game better than just about anyone. So when JJ and marketing are ready to announce things, it will be a tsunami of information followed by a total lockdown on what is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.