main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it possible the prequel trilogy could be dropped from canon when Episode 7 releases?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BobaFett99, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BobaFett99

BobaFett99 Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm curious if they'll forget about the prequels all together in Episode 7 like they never happened or will we see characters and stuff from the prequels like a very old Jar Jar Binks? Also I don't get why Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan Mcgregor are excited to reprise their roles their characters are dead at this time. Although I suppose Ewan Mcgregor can play Obi Wan as a Force Ghost in Episode 7 with make up that makes him look like an old man. But Mace Windu is definately dead unless like Qui Gon he learned how to become a Force Ghost.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    :rolleyes: on the thread title alone.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I would think the possibility of that would be less than infinitesimally small.

4. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Absolutely be dropped...the story isnt important part of the OT at all....

oh wait, Yes Yes it is....

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well maybe Akosha will save Mace from his death fall at the end of TCW (she's been seeing the future clear enough I suppose to pull it off)... after all Lucas' original script has Mace Windu as the narrator. I'd be opposed to this in principle but would likely overlook it if handled well and could finally see Samual L Jackson being a badass Jedi, but as to Ewan Mcgregor in ep 7 I must say no thanks, he can be in some spinoff movie instead featuring him meditating in his shack.

As to retconning just pretend the medicorian thing never happened, kill off JarJar, and make spin off movie futher down the road of amazing Clone War battles that we should have gotten but didnt.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Love the thread idea however better suited for PT I think.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Why this constant, constant picking on, picking apart, "de-canonizing" the PT?

It's practically baiting nowadays.

9. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Simple answer: no.

Complicated answer: [face_laugh]

I can't believe that anyone would seriously ask this question. I really can't.

10. Sir Cronal

Sir Cronal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013
    De-canonizing the PT is something that will never happen ... and why should it happen? Sadly, I'm not so sure about the fate of the EU after the release of Episode VII.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  11. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004
    Yeah, he and Hayden-as-Anakin could appear together, and Luke could make a comment about him looking younger and Kenobi could be all like "Well, when I saw how Anakin chose to appear on Endor, I was all like, yeah, why am I sticking to this old body as a ghost? Oh and Yoda says hi too!" Then hold up a fish bowl with a little green long eared frog in it.

lbr789 likes this.
  12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I would rather they decannonize the OT, or at least remake it so we get real lightsaber duels. Also, remove all traces of The Clone Wars cartoon from the face of the earth. And all the EU.

you know what though, a remake of the OT would be really swell because this time we could have Ewan play Obi Wan in the OT AND he would not die in Ep4. We could also see him kick the butt of suited Vader (though stormtroopers bail him out at the last moment so Obi has to run) Also, no ewoks (heck replace them with gungans...at least the gungans in TPM knew how to fight and had shield generators)

13. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ I have the exact same response to that as I did the original question: [face_laugh]

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_monkey]

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OP = the Maitlands, TF.N regulars = Beetlejuice.

leiamoody likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  17. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think it will be decanonized, but think it will be ignored. If they reference the PT at all, I bet it will be in the form of some good natured ribbing. Someone will say "Wizard" and get a strange look, a Gungan will suffer a cheer eliciting death, something along those lines.

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Is it possible the Ewok movies could be dropped from canon when Episode 7 releases?

19. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Best movies in the Saga...how dare you! [face_shame_on_you]

20. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I was only asking out of dread.

21. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, that's good natured. :rolleyes:

Realistically, I think we can expect reference to the PT in the form more advanced Jedi fighting and locations like Coruscant. Not to mention nods to the story of the PT-- perhaps wanting to avoid another galaxy engulfing Clone War scenario, or Luke wrestling with Anakin's legacy. If it's just an endless rehash of OT elements, it'll pretty much only please the forty-something fanboys and the first weekend's crowd, after which it'll be replaced in the charts by something with sparkly vampires, or something.

Andy Wylde and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Also, no. If the Ewok movies haven't gone the way of large marine reptiles, neither are the prequels.

23. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, the Ewok movies are out of print, aren't they? Nobody really cares about them. The Prequels have a fanbase. The Ewok movies don't, really.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That they're still canon with no fanbase (when the prequels do) suggests your hypothesis is even more flawed. :p

25. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    What hypothesis? I'm not supporting the idea that the PT is going to be made non-canon. I'm just saying that the Ewok movies are out of print, and don't have fans, for the most part.

Andy Wylde likes this.