main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Apparently Juliet316 It is getting announced on the first Tuesday of each month.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I remembered them saying it, which may have been part of why I asked because it had seemed so late in the day and there was nothing across the Who sites I regularly peruse about it.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    According to the latest issue of DWM the anniversary special commences filming on March 18th. If true expect something big to be revealed in the next few days.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Chewgumma likes this.
  7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Perhaps I'm just short, but Matt never seemed that small to me. He just was always dwarfed by Karen. :p

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I LOVE the new coat. [face_love] And the waistcoat. [face_love] And the pocket watch. [face_love]

Also,
    FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! :D :D :D

Everton and Chewgumma like this.
  9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Agreed. That's all awesome. So envious of all those who saw that scene (with the... 'head gear') being shot. Best. Street performer. Ever. :cool:

Also, this might sound ridiculous... but his hair looks even better next to her's... and vice versa. Particularly in that first picture.

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Looks like another trip to London beckons

11. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I don't get why Matt was presumed to be small in the first place. 71-ish inches is a pretty good height. Regarding the bizarre Clara speculation, I'm more inclined to think she's a figment of his imagination, or somehow Susan. If it's the former, the Doctor's just completely lost it/is in the Land of Fiction, which could actually work...[face_thinking] yeah. If it's the latter, kind of creepy when The Snowmen is taken into account. Though the promo images do provide a remarkable and beautiful parallel...give me a few more minutes and I'll start a paragraph on how Eleven is - or was, rather - channelling One in an effort to deal with the trauma caused by loosing the Ponds. I'm sorry, the lack of knowledge regarding Doctor Who is slowly killing me.
    (not as high-res as I would have liked, but best I could do on short notice. You get the gist of it, anyway. Notice how in contrast to One, Eleven's hands are in his pockets, something that Two did often;):confused: )
    [​IMG]

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes, that's a beautiful parallel.

13. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    He seemed quite tall when I met him

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The BBC have announced a celebratory convention on the weekend of the Anniversary.

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Oooooooooooooooooo. Bet the tickets will be expensive.

17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I recall the tickets to last year's official convention being something like £100 per head. It certainly wasn't cheap that's for sure.

18. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    *starts searching down the back of Sofa...

meanwhile, slightly more,... free

if anyone in the UK lives near a Forbidden Planet...

http://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2013/04/06/amazing-tardis-speaker-demo-day/

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm a train/Tube ride away from the London store but I can't say the speaker interests me. I do need to do an FP run at some point when it warms up a bit though.

20. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    I don;t have £150 for the speakers lol

but they have a Doctor Who Sale too

and free Jammy Dodgers and Jelly Babies xD

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't really collect Doctor who. I have one of the Series 3 Weeping Angel figures that I found at the local Entertainer and some books/DVDs/CDs but that's about it.

Edit - and UK folks might want to look for the May SFX magazine - the Doctor and Clara are on the cover. My subscription copy came the other day.

22. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Ah OK

thats not the weeping angel bust is it? http://forbiddenplanet.com/69162-doctor-who-masterpiece-collection-maxi-bust-weeping-angel/

I really want one of them to put it in my window [face_laugh]

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I really want that speaker

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also a feature on Doctor Who returning to BBCA in this week's TV Guide with a small little inset photo of Matt in the corner of the cover.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nah - nothing that fancy. It's a regular action figure. You can see a pic here on FP's website.