main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel trilogy special editions - what would you want to see?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Mar 7, 2013.

1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    If Lucas was ever to go back and add/change anything in the prequel trilogy, what would you want to see?

Would you add any deleted scenes? Add any new shots? Change any takes? Make any digital changes?

Realistic stuff I mean, think about the kind of changes GL made to the classic trilogy. DON'T just say "get rid of Jar Jar completely" lol

2. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I dunno. The movies still hold up relatively well, save for some CGI effects here and there. The puppet-Yoda in Phantom Menace being replaced with the new CGI-Yoda from episodes 2 and 3 in the Blu-Rays was a pretty huge special edition-esque change. Changes to the prequel trilogy in the future will probably be minimal, if anything's done at all. They might make CGI'd aliens look better, add more sound effects, stuff like that. You gotta remember Lucas isn't really in charge of this stuff anymore, so the Disney-owned Lucas Films might finally stop messing with the movies.

3. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Oh yeah I know Lucas isn't really in charge anymore, but still, if he was and if he announced a PT special edition was coming out, what would you like to see!

The CG Yoda is awesome. Massive improvement on the puppet! :)

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    two things really:

1) show Dooku fight Yoda with 2 lightsabers (we don't see enough of that inthe films)

2) show Yoda disarming sidious

show these things,

i'd be pretty happy

darth_mccartney likes this.
  5. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    I wouldn't have mind seeing Anakin and Padme's trial in AOTC back in the film instead of just being a deleted scene.

AND the Obi Wan and Padme convo from ROTS should never have been cut! So get that back in!

6. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    and lets not forget the <insert Qui-Gon in ROTS> scene :p

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Oh hell yeah!

8. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm always a fan of re-inserting deleted scenes, unless they cause a plot hole or they're just a different version of another scene or something. Usually they only add up to 10-15 minutes of extra screen time, which is nothing compared to the 4+ hour LOTR extended editions. =P

9. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Insert the deleted scene of Yoda's arrival on Dagobah.

10. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Put back the line where Watto cheers "Sebulba!" during the podrace.

11. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    That was deleted?! Why was that deleted?! lol

12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    They needed that half-second to insert the 35-minute extended podrace sequence.

13. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I read that was deleted just the other day :p

as I say another case of CED (compulsive editing disorder) :p i've traits of it myself

14. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    I loved the extended Order 66 sequence, that would have been cool to have back in. Just to show how grim stuff was turning for the Jedi.

I enjoyed the extended Obi Wan/Grevious chase, it was exciting and had some awesome bits in, but but I dunno if it was a little tooooo long. It would certainly have give the battle much more scale!

15. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd be happy to see extended versions of all the PT films. Put in all the stuff that was deleted purely for time, and have fun with the idea of a home version of the film that can be 3 hours long. These movies and their somewhat more serious tone would work better in truly epic-length versions, anyway.

16. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    I'd like to have got more of the Obi Wan vs Jango fight from AOTC. Same with Anakin/Obi Wan/Dooku lightsaber fights in both AOTC and ROTS.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Hmm. Interesting topic of discussion, and one I've never really thought about before. Here's my choices for things I'd add to a series of PT Special Editions:
    TPM
    * The 'Clumsy Artoo' scene where Artoo falls off of the Coruscant landing platform and uses his rocket boosters
    * The conversation between Jira and Anakin
    * Anakin's fight with Greedo
    * The Bongo Theed Waterfall sequence

AotC
    * Padme addressing the Senate
    * The Jedi Archive scenes involving the 'Lost 20'
    * The scenes at Padme's family home
    * The Analysis Droids scene
    * Padme noting Anakin having a nightmare while enroute to Naboo

RotS
    * The 'Birth of the Rebellion' scenes
    * Obi-Wan choosing Boga
    * Mace talking to Yoda about arresting Palpatine
    * Obi-Wan/Padme conversation where Obi-Wan flat-out tells Padme he knows about her and Anakin
    * Yoda arriving on Degobah

DARTHSHAME, VMeran and mes520 like this.
  18. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd also suggest adding Bail Organa and maybe that little bit of Valorum's scene to TPM (did Jimmy Smits ever shoot that?). And maybe the "I'm not made to think" bit from the beginning of the film. Always loved that line in the screenplay. And of course, the Qui-Gon bits in ROTS (maybe AOTC too, while we're at it).

By the way, how much longer do we estimate that these scenes would make the films?

19. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    I would add the scene where Anakin kills Shaak Ti in the Jedi Temple.

20. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I agree with you. Extended Operation: Knightfall sequence where we actually see Anakin kill some Jedi.

Klingon Padawan likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Grevious shoots first instead of Obi-Wan.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Poor TFU

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  23. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    I wish they'd have kept Maul jumping onto the landing ramp as Qui Gon tries to escape the Tatooine duel. I don't know why they cut that!

24. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    The trial seen was pointless and made absolutely no sense.

25. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ The trial scene was a precursor to the scene where Dooku talks to Obi-Wan; once Lucas 'found his way' to the latter scene, the former became obsolete and was only included in the AotC DVD special features as a sort of 'what if' glimpse into the evolution process that the story went through. This is also the case with many of the deleted scenes which made it onto the RotS DVD special features such as, for example, the sequence of events with Anakin and Obi-Wan running away from Magna-Droids through the bowels of Grievous' ship, and the scene in which Shaak Ti is killed by Grievous. They were representative of early iterations of the story and were discarded when Lucas found much better ways of handling things from a story perspective.

Count Yubnub likes this.