main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I sense much fear in you. :)

2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There are certainly elements of the Disney deal that ensure certain things in terms of peserving aspects of the story according to GL's approval. No doubt.

It really is a far stretch for anyone to think George Lucas is not involved with these in very important ways.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I know. I kinda have major trust issues and fears but hopefully the films wont rely too much on the OT cast *thats what the new cast is for*. I dont worry much for the OT cast physicaly but more dramaticly. I just hope to have my fears eased and thankfully JJ is good at getting good performances out of people. Here's hoping for the best.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I've learned to let go of attachment to my preconceived notions. :)

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Thank you Uncle George! =D=

6. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    It is an opportunity to re-unite the most beloved cast of characters in cinematic history in the most popular motion-picture franchise of all time. The realistic time window for such a thing to be possible to film with the original cast is limited. If you aren't wild about the idea, and certainly not everybody is, relax and be patient because Disney will be making plenty of Star Wars movies with all new casts and stories for decades to follow. You will eventually get the Star Wars films without the old cast that you desire. Besides, if it is well written, VII won't turn out as "meh" as you may fear.

Rawne likes this.
  7. djjsin

djjsin Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    I gotta say i think this whole thing has been planned. To think any of this news is sneaking out there is kindof funny. Ever since the announcement, there have been a steady amount of "leaks" that keep getting better and better. Its very well planned and orcustrated...the announcement...the oscar winning writer...director rumors. Abrahms rumors. Abrahms confirmation. Harrison ford rumor. Mark hamill lets out alittle info revealing negotiations in place. Fisher slips, then the backtrack. Now lucas "slips" about all of them, then back tracks.

Its masterful marketing. With each tidbit of info, the internet blows up. They know that any piece of info leaked to whatever random news corp will be all over the world in less then a day. It builds mystisicm for episode 7. It keeps all of us talking about star wars.

The business behind it is brilliant. And we are going to get this for countless more years. I bet at least once every month or two, well get some sort of leak to keep all our cocks hard, so when each movie comes out...we all have a collective orgasm and give away money by the truckload.

dont get me wrong, ill be handing it other without thinking twice. Episode 7

I cant wait to find out what Han Leia and Luke have been up to in the last 30+ years! Ahhh

8. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    If these three are coming back I just hope they don't end up as the main characters. Not that I don't like them or anything, I'd just rather see the story focus on someone else, like Leia and Han's daughter for example.

9. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    George won't say if they were successful talks.....meaning they were successful, but he can't say it lol This will be unreal for me and many fans who were kids back in 1977.. There is a chance Ep 7 will totally suck, but I doubt it. Just knowing that I will be able to see these characters on the big screen in a new film is something I never thought possible....30 years ago we thought maybe but GL ended that idea real fast, 20 years ago not a chance, 10 years ago not a chance, 1 year ago not chance and here we are. The odds of this happening were so slim C3PO would have fried something figuring it out

Episode Swag likes this.
  10. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think we can be sure of one thing though...

The negotiations were short.

[​IMG]

11. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Hahaha. You'll believe it when you see it through an irrelevant medium that publishes only 8 times a year? I'm not knocking magazines and periodicals entirely. They serve as a valuable service when you forget to bring something with you to the airport or some doctor's office. But as far as news/announcements of any kind, this is like every time you see your local news do some promo for the 11 O'clock news about a story you read 3-6 months ago off the net when it was actually relevant.

12. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Perhaps the most important thing learned from this is that apparently George Lucas is not in a position to know how negotiations have been going with important potential cast members for Episode VII.

13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't see how you could read it that way. The fact that Lucas "won’t say whether the negotiations [with Hamill, Fisher and Ford] were successful or not" very much implies he knows exactly the status of the negotiations. And that's in the same breath as him saying that LFL were in the final stages of negotiation with all three prior to the buyout and that Disney may "want to announce [the fact that Hamill, Fisher and Ford have signed on] with some big whoop-de-do".

In other words, Lucas very much knows that "important potential cast members" are on board for EpVII.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'll just be glad when they make it OFFICIAL!

Then we can get on with the gnashing of teeth over the new generation. I for one am starting to like Jennifer Lawrence more and more and mostly because of her appearance on Letterman tonight. She's delightful. (I never saw her in an interview before.)

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Did Han sign first?

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, well, well... if the Flannelled One says so, it's probably true.
    Star Wars fans all over the world, rejoice! =D=

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Disney can no longer wait for their woop-de-do just get out there & say the big 3 are officially confirmed .....this 99% stuff is doing my head in ........

18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Well I've read both articles and there's some VERY IMPORTANT distinctions to be made:

1- It seems George talked with the Big 3 before even negotiating with Disney and according to this article hired Arndt and Kasdan before JUNE as well:

2- I believe that Lucas may have had the Big 3 pretty much wrapped-up before the sale:

3- The Big 3 have signed NDA's -- Non-Disclosure Agreements -- so as NOT to spoil Disney's announcement whenever that may occur. This is why we're getting all the "jokes" and non-comittals from Fisher and Hamill. Notice Ford hasn't refuted anything.

The worst kept secret in a long time. LOL

4- The Pre-Production is further along than we thought which bodes well for a 2015 release:

This happened BEFORE JUNE according to the article and here's the entire quote:

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    In furtherance of what Echo-07 just stated the only thing that would raise any pause on my behalf about whether the big three are coming back is the fact that Disney retains all final major decision making authority. Thus, it is possible that Disney could still veto the bringing back of the big three since it appears they were signed on before the sale.

Having said that, Disney would be out of their friggin mind to do something like that.

20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I agree. I reckon George got HF,CF and MH to agree in principle before the sale of LFL, and now it's up to the negotiation skills of Disney to finish the ground work laid out by GL (and splash the cash).

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, Iger and Horn clearly negotiated that they had final say. And totally agreed that the biggest way to screw up this 12 billion dollar baby is to drop the ball on the Big 3.

(By 12 B -- I mean in near future earnings for the entire ST, tickets and merchandising combined.)

Pro Scoundrel and Bazinga'd like this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Now that George has apparently spilled the beans, it would not surprise me if Disney makes it official sometime in the very near future.

23. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    This article was a great read, it was nice to see how much thought and planning for Ep 7 has been done and the relationship built between Lucas and Iger for so many years. It was very reassuring.

As for Disney saying they have final say over anything, it's very similar to Mary Poppins. I had to read up on the production of the movie a couple of days ago and it was talking about how the writer of the story was against any changes Walt wanted like the songs and how there's animation mixed in with live action. It took 20 years for Walt to convince her to make the movie and then she basically wanted it to be entirely her way and he felt he should have a say. Luckily for him they had such a contract that made Disney have the final say, and then the movie got 13 Oscar nominations and several actual Oscar awards. I feel like this is going to be similar but I think their relationship with Lucas is on much better terms already. And I hope their history with Mary Poppins show that any changes they feel strongly about to fight over will actually be a good call in the end.

Sorry for the history, it just reminded me a lot of that.

24. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    If it's true that George sold the rights AFTER he already enlisted Mark, Harrison and Carrie to come back we all owe him a BIG thank you. I don't know about the story yet, but having the big three back is a big step towards doing the right thing with Episode 7.

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    All of us owe George a huge Thank you for everything he has done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.