main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Poll and Debate Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This thread will be used to authorise a poll for the EUC, which will be approved by a Moderator (and posted by them). We can even have debates around the poll.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Mine is pretty tame; was Vergere a Sith? :p

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sith? No.

Completely and utterly insane? Certainly :p

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd say yes, but not just a Sith.

How's that? :p

zarkinfrood likes this.
  5. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think Swannie's abusing the power of the negative exclamation again. :p

And I'll venture a guess, sheep-style (Baa!), and say no. :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, let's look at this way; she created and influenced Sith, even if you didn't believe she was a candidate of Sidious.

She also, in an out of universe article, completed Lumiya's Sith training and made her a true apprentice.

I believe she was Sidious' candidate, which certainly gives her a better claim to the Sith throne than Lumiya, who was one of the two candidates of the apprentice... she was nothing until she beat Flint.

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I wonder what book I can find all these wonderful things in? :p

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It's called the Internet. :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Legacy of the Force: Betrayal alluded to Vergere being the Sith candidate of Sidious...

Legacy: Claws of the Dragon shows Vergere chatting away with A'Sharad Hett and discussing Sith philosophy with the guy.

Traitor obviously shows her torturing Jacen so he is broken by the time he bumps into Abeloth.

This discusses Lumiya and Vergere... http://web.archive.org/web/20100429191304/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/BtT1

" It is only through the training of Vergere that Lumiya becomes a true Dark Lady of the Sith."

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Interesting.

I have enough credits to get all of those books. :D But... are there other books that I would NEED to read in order to understand those?

12. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No, and I can't take anything that says that she was seriously.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    A chicken with a pain fetish.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Where are you upto?

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Um a few here and there actually. :p

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I always believed that Lumiya was lying about Vergere. She wanted to get back at Luke and the best way to do it? Corrupt his nephew.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  17. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Vergere is a grey Force-user. I hesitate to call her either a Jedi or Sith. She has her own philosophy and to hell with everyone else. I don't think she was ever trained as a Sith or part of the elite Sith club that's hidden on Korriban.

Bale, Zeta1127 and BultarSwan like this.
  18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I wonder if Vergere was in any way inspired by George Lucas?

"Everything I tell you is a lie"

19. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    Vergere has always been a pretty interesting character to me. In a lot of ways she reminds of an anarchist, in that she inspires galactic dissonance, but at the same time, she does seem motivated by a specific purpose. The fact that her machinations tended to support a Sith endgame, I'd say tentatively yes. However, I feel like a more apt description would make her an evil puppeteer.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Or his son. I have little doubt revenge was involved, but if she did lie about Vergere, did it matter? She was right about Vergere in that she would have learned Sith ways and passed through them. No boundaries for that Fosh.

Agreed. There are Force users who are beyond Jedi and Sith. Revan. Kreia, Vergere. Jacen.

Vergere's machinations are just that; machinations for the sake of it. She's fostering conflict for conflicts sake, in my mind.

21. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I always thought of Vegere as Grey Jedi with her own philosophy of the force which was quite interesting.

22. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    WAIT....there are books that tell Jacen's 5 year journey?? whowhantwhenwherehow?

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Fate of the Jedi is all about Luke and Ben retracing the steps of his journey, as well as the political fallout from what Jacen did.

24. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Well I've read FOTJ, but it doesn't entirely cover his entire 5 year journey....does it?

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Dropped plot line in favor of more Sith and Abeloth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.