main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    And you can thank my son for that soliloquy. He came to my room while I was resting carrying his laptop, I asked him to log in and tell me if anyone posted. He did so and told me about your interview. I just said

"Oh Yay...just type.."Hurray, hope you get it Val," for me...and he wrote all that.

Then he showed it to me.

I told him.."good job" I wouldn't have thought of all that. (borrowing from Shakespeare, Hunger Games and Dr. Who) ;)

But my sentiments agree with what he said...[face_praying]

Praying that you'll get it , Val. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Best of luck, Val!

3. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    May the Force be with you,Val. :)

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck Val!

*fingers crossed for you*

Gkilkenny likes this.
  5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh..please, please please, Val, have very good news...or at least very promising news ....[face_praying]

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow;;it's been quiet in here. I' ve been busy myself...but working on gettin ga couple days off next week. (paid)

My supervisor looked at me Monday morning (the first morning after the "test" we just wen tthrough and said I needed some time off. The test was really stressful.

She's trying to help me get it. So we'll see.

Gotta go...haven't gotten too far on my final chapter yet...trying to get it started. Haven't had much of a chance to work on it the last few days. Maybe this weekend. Maybe. (have to work Sunday). :(

7. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope you get your time off :)

My Internet connection has been down for a day and a half so I've been deprived of my Obi treats :( I'm off to catch up on fanfic now.

8. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow. /inset sound of tumbleweeds rolling down main street of thread/.
    New topic: last episode of CW season 5. What about Obi-Wan's role inthe COuncil decision there? Left somewhat ambiguous by the narrative and animation. Any thoughts?

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Voice of reason; outvoted. Submits to majority vote.

Eryndil likes this.
  10. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

I was thinking the same thing myself - the thread was in danger of falling off the front page!

11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Voice of reason, possibly of personal experience? and Ahsoka is in his teaching line, so it's also personal responsibility to the Padawan. His assertion that "surely" we cannot do what Tarkin suggests is immediately shot down by Yoda and Mace, who cite Senatorial concern over the Council's independence. I thought ah ha! the less experienced member of the Council is coming up against the broader and more ingrained issues. And learning some ugly truths, or at least coming to terms with them. This one begs for an ontrospetive piece.
    Val.
    Ahem.

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Go for it, Val. I watch very little TCW but I do enjoy your and Ruth's insights in your little..perspectives....;)

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow...still sleepy in here...I-)

Looks like we need a little Obi wake up call...

[​IMG]

Envision this adorable boy taking the stand to testify about his ordeal at the hands of Zan Arbor in Ruth's story...poor Obi...

Trying to get into writing my last chapter but instead my mind has been working the first chapter of that other story I've been toying with...

what to do...what to do...[face_hypnotized]

14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    That "adorable" boy is peeling tubers in the Temple refectory right now, as punishment for exercising his sharp tongue. DOnt' be fooled by the cute smile - he's a MONSTER.
    Just ask Qui-Gon.

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I love the bit in Ruth's story about the journalist and how Obi-Wan thought he was obnoxious and Tahl didn't approve. Open to suggestions he said...Haa Punishment coming.
    I wonder if the knife he's peeling tubers with is as sharp as his tongue."[face_rofl]

ruth baulding likes this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm quite glad he was the voice of reason. Perhaps this incident might bring Obi-Wan and Anakin closer in TCW then has been shown. I just hope that Anakin knows/learns that Obi-Wan was against the Council's decision in this. It seems clear to me by ROTS that Obi-Wan and Anakin are very close and that Obi-Wan is really the only Council member on Anakin's side and possibly the only Council member Anakin can rely on, up until the point Anakn goes slightly crazy and slaughters everyone.

17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    "slightly crazy!!" - ha.
    Yes, I was thinking along similar lines. Obi-Wan is obviusly not pleased with the way the council decidion swings, which/might/ bring about some healing between the two. Certainly they need some way to heal the breach with Hardeen etc.
    Or might Anakin think his mentor wasn't stong because he didn't "defy" the rest of the Council to stick up for Ahsoka? You coudl go either way. I'd like to see the conversation.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Well slighty crazy seemed the best thing to say though is a rather large understatement of his mentality at that time! :D

I'm thinking of writing a one-shot of this conversation, its just a matter of getting it right.

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a great launching point for a story, definitely.

hlc88 likes this.
  20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey all....having to work on taxed for our appointment next Saturday, so can' tbe around much (and was goine all day), but I can't wait to read your update, Ruth.

Maybe I'll sneak it in (with son's 3DS) in between the stacks of papers I have to go through...:D

21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Eeeeeew - taxes. May the Force be with you.
    I bet the Jedi Order is tax exempt, the barves.

22. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I got so lonely I went downtown and looked at all the touristy shops - BUT, Eryndil my friend, upon your recommendation I poked my nose in the British import store and scored my first ever box of "Jaffa Cakes."
    !! - so /good/. Almost as good as Obi-Wan. I wonder if he tastes like marmalade and chocolate when you bite into him???

23. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, so you tried them! I hope they were worth it - I'm aware that not everyone enjoys them quite as excessively as I do :D

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh no, I'm a confirmed addict. They hit the spot. So now of course they are going to end up in the present story.
    This place is still snoozing, I see...

25. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Hmmm, yes it is rather quiet in here. Well, here's something I've been thinking about asking my fellow Obi-fans. What are your favourite Obi-Wan scenes?

I've come up with my top ten, which I'll post here (along with illustrations just for fun). But have I missed out any golden moments? And which Obi scenes do you all like best?