main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Bariss thinks not so.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Animated Film for her, than yes, Live Action, no.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No and No.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    OK I see your point. But what I meant for aiming at kids...I meant kids through teens. Like 16-17. There's episodes like the Maul trilogy that a 30 yr old could watch and still enjoy a lot, but really the Droid arc is meant for kids and teens.

5. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Amanda Seyfried could play Ahsoka.

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I just hope, if they do a standalone film with Ahsoka as the main character, that they won't portray her as a weakling like they do in the micro-series.

7. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I have no idea what you just said. What is OBC ban? Snap out of what?

8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    As was Episode 1 "aimed at kids". Yet we have Empire and ROTS for the adults. It's Star Wars after all. You get something for all ages. So I fail to see why an movie about Ahsoka, or her character being involved in one of the new movies, is such a stretch.

I usually only like the dark characters. Darth Maul, Ventress, Savage Opress, Vestara Khai, etc. Yet, I am 38 years old and I love Ahsoka. Age has nothing to do with it.

9. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Ashoka grew on me. The TCW season finale was brilliant.

10. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Same here. I really got irritated with her when she was a little Padawan, wearing hardly anything. Once she grew up a little and put on some clothes (ep. when she met lux) I started to like her as a character...

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm only a year younger than you and I love Ahsoka too. The Rebel Force Radio guys put it best when they said "Ahsoka is the little sister of Star Wars fans. You just want to protect her and keep her safe."

I think the reason I have such a fondness for her is she did start off as the annoying little sister type, but as you watched her grow up, she actually started growing on you. Watching her leave the temple is like your own daughter (or in my case niece) leave home and go off to college.

She's the character you want to cheer for and hope beats the odds.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If they are going to do an Ahsoka film why use live action and not stick with the Cartoon version and Ashley doing the voice. and if they used Anakin they could stick with Latner rather than Hayden as well.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  13. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    In regards to Chloe Moretz: she's 16. Will she fancy wearing a boob tube/boob hole costume? Or worse... Will the audience?:(

They've both got huge eyes... [face_thinking]

14. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I could see a possible animated film. Whether that animated film would be released in theatres would be another story. The Clone Wars animated movie made no money. Why? because it didn't interest anybody accept Star Wars fans, and I'd say only Hardcore Star Wars fans at that. Your simple fan of the movies probably didn't care, and probably didn't want to see another PT era Star Wars film, especially an animated one.

And no to the live action for the very same reason above. A movie about Ahsoka will NOT MAKE MONEY. Hollywood and Disney are about making MONEY. Yes cool ideas and art can enter the mix, but they have to be profitable. Ahsoka might be a fan favorite. Ahsoka might even be worthy of her own animated feature, but she will not get a theatre quality film because she only sells to kids who watch The Clone Wars cartoon. Which I'm, sorry to say for some of you, isn't enough to warrant a feature film.

That's how it works. That's why we'll get a Han Solo and Boba Fett stand alone film, but never one about Bossk.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Could it work? Yes, but only as an animated film. I would like to see Ahsoka in a live action film but not as the only star. She's a great character.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  16. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm not sure I agree with all the assumptions on this one. Plenty of adults like Ahsoka to. She doesn't just appeal to kids anymore, just like the Clone Wars tv show as a whole does not just appeal to kids. I think you may also forget the power of making money from a kid fanbase? I mean look at some of the movies pixar has made for kids. Cars for instance. Who actually thought a movie about a racing Car could make as much money as it did, and even have a sequel? I think it's normal to say you would not care for a film like this and have no desire to see it, but it seems rather premature to me to assume those feelings would mean it could not make lots of money.

Also, Ahsoka Bossk comparison is a terrible one. Far more people know who Ahsoka is over Bossk. That is a really hard comparison to sell.

I honestly don't care either way if they make a film on her, but I think it could be plausible. I would genuinely be curious to see what they wold do with it.

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    What pixar does is a little different. Parents taking their kids to see Cars is different then going to see a film about Ahsoka. Cars was an original idea made by a company that the audience trust to make great films. Proof in the pudding is the Clone Wars movie. Which flopped. And just because PLENTY of adults like Ahsoka doesn't mean the movie will make 100 million. Movie companys want money makers. A movie about Ahoka is not a money maker. She appeals to a small group of fans and kids alike. The show does good ratings, but THE CLONE WARS cartoon is no where in the ball park of being a super money maker. And a live film is out of the question. Disney would be spending a lot of money on a quality movie about a character that only appeals to fans who like everything Star Wars and kids. Movies have to make 2 to 3 times what their budget was for a film to be a great success. An Ahsoka movie would not do that, and it's a risk Disney or any film company would take. Something small like a straight to DVD/Blu Ray is more likely.

Not everything that says STAR WARS is gonna make money. That's just Truth. You might say I'm wrong in my thinking, and I'm surely no expert. So I urge you to do some research and look up reasons why movies like this flop.

go back as far as the 80's. Transformers was a huge toyline and TV show. A feature lenght film was made, with all the hero's appearing. It only make 3 million dollars in the box office.

18. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I don't recall ever saying anything with Star Wars on it will make. The Star Wars holiday special should be proof of that :p

Honestly, a movie like this very well could flop. I don't really know. The truth though is neither do you. So far all you have done is express why you personally think a movie like this would not be good, and then projected that view onto the masses. The fact that you try and compare Ahsoka's popularity to Bossk tells me that much. Obviously I do not pretend to be an expert on this kind of stuff either. The difference though appear to me to be that I don't try and talk like I am being one.

I'm not saying an Ahsoka film is a guarantee. I am not even sure it is likely. I wouldn;t go so far as to say it is a bad idea. I honestly would prefer that over a Han Solo film, and leaps and bounds above a very overrated Boba Fett film. Then again, I'm not about to project my personal opinions onto the belief of the masses :p

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well I didn't realise I was pushing my opinion on the masses. I was basing my belief off of what I've researched and observed from the movie making world. Studying film is a fun pass time for me, and I like to know why things fail or succeed. I've learned enough from that to lead me to believe that a film like this would flop, and therefore not be a risk Disney would take. I was trying to come at this from an informed opinion as opposed to the, "I'm a Star Wars fan I think it could make money." Which tells me nothing.

20. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    You haven't really given any reasons though except for that you believe Ahsoka is not a popular character (Largely which seems to be based off of your personal opinion of the character) and thus the movie will flop. I think it's great trying to bring it form an informed opinion, but the information you are providing so far is focused off of what you believe the numbers are. You may be right, and if so great. Hobby does not equal expert though. My assumption would be Disney actually has the numbers, and can make a far more informed decision than either of us can.

We are getting away form the topic a bit though. I still think a film like this could be very well received based on what I see form personal experience, but in the end it is just personal opinions going up against each other.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I didn't say she wasn't a popular character. I said she was not profitable enough to make a big release film out of. I also said I wasn't an expert. Though I'd say I'm a little more informed on movie making than you. I gave the flopping of the clone wars movie and the flopping of transformers the movie as examples of just because characters or tv shows are popular doesn't make the movie quality money makers. You've given me nothing other than a belief that the film would work without any real reason to why.

22. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Maybe you're right. Personally none of your evidence over your hobby has had me very convinced. I don't think you have given any real evidence for why this movie would flop, but just mentioned other movies without explaining the connection between them and this situation, but maybe it is over my head since you have more knowledge in this area than I do.

A tip though. If you are not an expert in the topic then don't try talking like one. Insulting a strangers knowledge on the topic also doesn't get you very far with that person wanting to listen to your viewpoint. I admit I don't know much about the topic, but frankly, you didn't know that.

In the end I will concede that you truly believe you know what you are talking about. I just don;t find your evidence very compelling. However, I have none to offer as I am not familiar with the topic enough, and honestly don;t know how to counter an argument that I can;t see the point of.

23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I thought it would be pretty self explainatory. We are discussing whether or not an Ahsoka film would flop. I'm saying yes, becuase the character herself is only popular to a small minority of fans and kids that wouldn't be enough to sell a movie to the larger masses.

In order to show you why a characters popularity doesn't mean you'll make a profitable movie I gave you two examples. One being a Star Wars film itself, with characters made popular by 3 live action movies. And an 80's toyline that was greatly popular and had a very popular TV show. They compare in that they are both tv shows which have popular characters that you'd think would sell a movie by itself. However both films flopped. In other words didn't make any money. In other words just because they had popular characters that were favorites to their respective fan bases, didn't translate to a larger audience wanting to see the film. Meaning money was lost. Failure of Clone War movie probably hurt chance of another animated Star Wars feature happening in the near future, especially one about a character only popular to her fan base. Just as Hasbro decided to kill the chance of GI JOE the movie being released in theatres because of the failure of TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE.

A Boba Fett movie has a lot more chance of being made because he's a character that a much larger mass of people know about. He's a pop culture icon. Ahsoka is just a popular character on a Star Wars TV show. That's it. Nobody outside that world knows her name, and would probably care less about seeing a movie about her.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  24. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for actually explaining your reasoning that time. Makes sense now. Not sure how much I agree with it yet, but I understand now what you are trying to say.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not to go completely off-topic, but I noticed this part of your post and wanted to make a quick note.

Yes, Togruta, as a species, are listed as living an average lifespan of up to 94 years.

However, humans, in the SW galaxy, live, on average, just a bit longer than that: "Usually up to 100 standard years, ages up to approximately 800 have been reached among Force-sensitive individuals."

No immediate note about Force-sensitive Togruta enjoying a similar benefit in lifespan as humans, but I wouldn't doubt it. I'm not sure where you came up with the number "70" for humans, other than IRL people (but even then, you're short-changing us some years as a species).

InterestingLurker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.