main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    He mentioned Ryloth. That should be enough. :p

Quite frankly, the only reason I was tagged was because the Oregon State Beav . . . er (ha! :D) I mean . . . Prytis College Rangers . . . won the Bak10 title.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Shab Gunny, I want the Senators to lose this week and you almost have me rooting for them after that post. ;)

[​IMG]

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I tagged you in the post JediMaster_1977 because of the mention of Ryloth and the explosion and how that affected game day on Bakura. I believe Tags as defined on the boards are not a call for you to make a response but more of a "oh hey, this is interesting, you would probably want to read this".

Jedi Gunny I drew inspiration for handling your on-field situation from this actual, real life example.

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So I have to know--if you all were on a jury and listened to Sydney's evidence and arguments, what would your verdict be?

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Not guilty. Of course that's because the Mercs did much the same thing with Jeem Daryc but there was never an investigation. :p

[​IMG]

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    They did? I don't remember this at all.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was just a throw away line right after the draft. Something along the lines of Vhett conviced him to not enter the draft so he could play for him hometown team. :p

I never thought it would be anything like tampering because prior to us having a draft, players could be signed by any team anyway. Suffice to say I have been following your proceedings with great interest. ;)

[​IMG]

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The heart of the GCAA's investigation was as to whether the Miners made an offer of employment to a college player, distinct from whether or not they convinced Alesh and Morlan to enter the draft. So if Vhett didn't discuss terms, she was within her rights to persuade him.

Now that I think about it, the outcome of the case would be potentially precedent setting for the GCAA. It could open a real free-for-all in recruiting if they find for the Miners.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I have a question for you guys on how to do my story.

Should I bring back Zekes father as a surprise reveal as still being alive or not? Also should I make him Fravids father as well?

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    How would a Bith father a Bith and a human? Fravid is a human, right?

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    That had me scratching my head as well

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Myself as well.

[​IMG]

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have an OOC announcement to make to everyone. CPL_Macja has indicated that he will no longer be administering the Premier League. As some of you have noted, there has not been a PLL season this year as things never coalesced for that.

I will not be running the PLL in tandem with the ELL. One League is taxing enough for my schedule. However, if someone else wants to pick it up, let's have a private conversation about it. If it doesn't work out that someone can pick it up, I will return the current GCLA teams to the PLL to make the PLL the way that future teams are transitioned into the game, as happened with Euceron, Mando'ade, and Rydonni Prime. Everybody can keep their development affiliates to develop their draft picks. They just won't have records of their development teams to discuss as part of back stories.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    My question is: Would everybody prefer to have week-by-week scores for the Premier League, necessitating keeping the GCLA for incoming teams? Or do you guys think three pro leagues is too many? I'm willing to talk to Trieste about taking over the PLL myself, but I don't want to do that if a majority would prefer having only two pro leagues. What's your opinions?

EDIT: To clarify, I personally don't have an opinion either way, so I'm open to whatever the group decides.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't mind if the GCLA just fades into oblivion. It wasn't that important anyways to begin with.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It wouldn't bother me to see the GCLA and the PLL going back to what it was before, no scores posted and just used as a feeder system for teams and players.

Now that said if you want to go ahead and run scores for it I have no objection.

[​IMG]

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Well of course it's not that important to us, since it only exists for the new players. :p What I'm asking is, would you prefer to have scores rolled every week for the PLL or not? The answer to that will determine what we do.

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I want Premier League scores, because I actually reference them occasionally.

21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, so we have one in favor of doing scores, and two that don't care (if I'm interpreting what Bardan_Jusik said correctly). Any other votes?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yup, you got me. :p

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So you basically said "Meh". Very original. :p

CPL_Macja and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I say scores.... I would if I could but can't so I shant... sorry but I've gotten bogged down by drl

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010