main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Oh okay they also have a droid. I am guessing they are chasing the droid with the info not the lightsaber.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I can't even begin to understand this sentence.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    SkySolos have really fallen from grace.

4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    While I'm not sure what your point is here(Is it that you like this art better? Is it that you loved the art in Dark Empire and like this because of that? I dunno?)

It has some similar features to it that instantly reminded me of Dark Empire, a different use of color, how the facial details are done and that Imperial Knight with the red eyes, his face, reminds me a great deal of the reborn Emperor. On those new pages a notice how the closer charcters are in full color, while the backgrounds seems to be rendered with one shade - which is another thing that reminds me of Dark Empire. It certainly has more color than Dark Empire did, but still some of those similarities are there for me.

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    So Ania lives on the planet where they're building Marasiah's communications array. And she finds the lightsaber inside the droid after the IK's shuttle crashes there while he duels with the Sith impostor. And judging by the locals, it's also the Planet of the Apes.

Cooooollll!!!

Two more weeks, people! Although this picture leads me to believe that those who went to Emerald City Comic Con already got a copy.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    :confused:

If you're serious, then you need to revise your thinking. If it's intended as comedy, then for me it's decidedly dubious.

I disagree with Robi on any number of SW topics but there's better ways of expressing it than this.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I personally found Coop's comment to be more needlessly unreasonable. I still am not sure if Coop is insulting my use of language, my taste or my opinion.

Where as I know Esg is just goofing around.

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Maybe he didn't see the resemblance to Dark Empire's art. I can't really see it. It actually reminds me more of some of the old Tales of the Jedi look than Dark Empire. Though still better than both of those, in my opinion.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, I'd like to think he's indeed doing as you say but he's generally a bit better at image selection! Oh well, guess he could have had an off day?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    At risk of antagonizing you by being critical of language (not my intent), is there ever a *need* to be unreasonable?

Anyway, this line of discussion is pretty silly. Whether Rob is accurate or not in his characterization of the art as being similar to DE doesn't change his dislike for it. If he's wrong, then he simply dislikes it regardless of what it's similar too. It may be more fruitful to ask what about it he dislikes (a question he answered) than ask why he thinks it's like DE art.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Obviously I am biased, but I am thrilled that Ania Solo's friend and adventure companion is a Mon Cal. Not just a Mon Cal, but one that is young, not a fleet officer, and apparently a person just trying to survive in the post-Krayt galaxy. That is worth major diversity points on the diversity scale. I am really excited to learn more about Sauk and how he is dealing with the aftermath of the genocide on Dac.

--Adm. Nick

Plebeian likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Perhaps the character was made with you in mind, Nick? Perhaps they were fishing for compliments? :p

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Perhaps. Though in my experience, folks tend to think of me as an alien flag officer in the Navy, not a young refugee. Regardless, I will watch Sauk's career with great interest. :p

--Adm. Nick

15. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I wonder if this will be Legacy volume 12 trade? :D

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Love that preview, BTW. The threat followed by the two of them getting thrown out? Easy joke, but I laughed.

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I hope the new series will include some twists, just as the old series did!

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm still disappointed that the title has already given away the twist that the prisoner of the floating world is in fact a baby.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The thread title could be unreliable.

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    As am I. Though, fair warning, I shall be referring to this particular duo as "Fish 'n Chips" from now on.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I was thinking of Fish Sticks, but that was too close to Jaina's call sign and she isn't a descendant of the IWoD.

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  22. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I'm pretty sure those are just copies on Scott's desk, he does work at Dark Horse after all. If those would have been passed out at ECCC there would be spoilers all over the place. Trust me, I read the issue today and it's hard to keep quiet about it. That's all I'm going to say, sorry.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I vote for Surf and Turf.

24. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Ania Solo seemed to have popped out of nowhere...and with her Mon Cal buddy...

I'm voting for Shrimp Poppers.

25. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Perhaps Ania is from Jacen's line.