main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Well, they are tasty, right? Let's call them tasticles.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  2. family_business

family_business Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2006
    Wouldnt Ania and Sia know of each other? Since they're great-great grandchildren of a legendary couple?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Probably.

But I could see why they might still want to postpone confirmation that Marasiah is a Solo descendent... the ST.

4. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Actually going by what we know from the first Legacy series and FotJ Sia would be a Solo descendant.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I agree... but they still don't want to confirm it, for some reason. I'm thinking it's because of the ST now.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It would very much depend. If Ania's ancestors have remained famous individuals and she's some kind of runaway, Sia would probably be aware of her existence at least academically, even if they'd never met. But if Ania's segment of the family plunged into obscurity beforehand, there's no reason to think that Sia would still be aware of her just because they're related. They're only third cousins, which isn't very closely related. I doubt most people could tell you who their third cousins were.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Agreed Havac. Ania should know Sia is a distant relation also if her last name is still Solo she should be familiar with the overall family legacy but she is probably far removed from it and does not really care.

8. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    We don't have much possibilities :

- Descendant from Jacen's line ==> Allana would be her grandmother.
    - Descendant from Jaina's line ==> these are Fel, not Solo. Jaina is supposed to have at least two children (Roan has a cousin), so maybe Allana is the daughter of Fel II's brother/sister...

In any case : Ania can't deny her origin linked to emperors, Jedi, Sith and queens. I really want to know about her parents : who were they? Have they been killed on this remote world no one knows, thus explaining Ania's relative anonymity. But it would be far too similar to Cade's story, thus non original...

We could also have their parents wanting a new life (being a celebrity in SW is about fighting ennemies and dodging murder attempts) and disappearing in the Outer Rim to make a fresh new start.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    The cousin could be on the non-Solo side, though, right? Is there anything that says that cousin is a Fel?

Jaina + Jag
    ......|
    ..Fel II + Unknown ~ Unknown's Sibling + Someone Else
    .........|.............................|
    ........Roan.....................Roan's Cousin

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just for the record, all I meant was that I didn't see the resemblance. I am a fan of DE's art myself, but the point was more that I couldn't understand how someone could link that to Hardman.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Eh? We already know she and Cade are related, we already know that Jagged Fel was the first Fel emperor, and that's just from the comics alone (not including whatever shenanigans happened in FOTJ, which I can't be bothered to read). What more do you need/ :p

Shadojoker likes this.
  12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, Mohrgan's a Fel.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I agree it's common sense. But we've never had official confirmation that she and Cade are related, or that Jaina is Roan's grandmother. Whenever asked about it, Randy still says that there were no Solo descendents in Legacy's first run, etc. I don't need any more, but they obviously want to keep it unconfirmed, at least for a while.

14. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    but the Fel line by default has Solo descendents due to Jaina + Jag...........................

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I know, that's what we're all assuming, but they still refuse to confirm that Jag's descendents are Jaina's descendents.

Before FOTJ's ending solidified their marriage, LEGACY:WAR left an opening that Marasiah is actually descended from Allana and not related to Jaina at all.

I agree with you guys that Marasiah is 99% likely to be Jaina's great-granddaughter... but they still refuse to confirm she's a Solo.

16. family_business

family_business Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2006
    There's no confirmation? That's pretty stupid, don't think they have divorce in Star Wars. Plus, Sia has that grey streak in her hair, and force powers.

17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    They might. Kol and Morrigan sure didn't stay together.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jaina could also die before having kids, and Jag remarries. The grey streak is a Fel thing, and Jag (or his son) could marry any Force-sensitive.

Anyways, it comes out in a week and a half!

[​IMG]

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    What a woman! Solo!

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    She is the daughter of Chalk in an extramarital affair...

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If that had been on the cover I would have had my issue framed.

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Man, this got me super excited. LEGACY is back!

23. Something_Exile

Something_Exile Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2012
    Well AFAIK the reason they never confirmed it was to keep the options open during LotF-FotJ. For example, Legacy came out during LotF's run, when they were trying to do a Jaina-Jag-Zekk triangle, we would already know that Jaina ends up with Jag, and thus we would know that both of them have to survive until they have a kid etc etc.
    They can't flat out confirm it yet because even though Jaina and Jag are together currently in the novel timeline, anything could still happen and it would be unfair to the novel writers if they had to keep to that story, even though they probably will. It's just courtesy between writers.

Also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Divorce

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  24. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    It's a long thread. I haven't noticed if the whole Preview is up yet so here you go...again possibly.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! Tomorrow is only a day away... ;)

[​IMG]