main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It's really not all that odd in times of stress....in the past five years, my dad has aged by fifteen years or so, just from the stress of his (stressful but important) job.

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    The Boba arc would definitely be one to watch. Throw in Aurra Sing in there too.
    Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan Bo-Katan :D
    I'd love to see a mischievous Han... Or aka Ian, in the Padawan Menace :)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd like to see Ian give Petro a run for his money in mischief department.

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    "Ian" vs. Jaybo would probably be more even.

fistofan1 likes this.
  5. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    NO YOUNG HAN SOLO CAMEO

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Anyway, I feel like 2 more seasons should be enough, have next season wrap up a lot of storylines and original characters. Rex and Ahsoka are two characters who can wait until the final season. The final season should be the Outer Rim Sieges, the affect and strain it has on the Jedi and Palpatine finally putting everything into motion after knowing that Anakin is now strong enough.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Why not?

7. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    It'd be completely useless and wouldn't do anything to the story other than make headlines. I was against Chewie being used too, but he was at least used decently honestly. Showing a adolescent Han Solo would be a waste of time.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Pointless Chewie was pointless

9. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    I agree but he was at least used decently. The duology was great and he didn't take away from the main purpose of it.

There was just no need for it.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    They could've just created a different Wookiee and it still would've worked imo.

11. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah pretty much. They could of even used a different species and it would of worked too.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Jar Jar was captured. :p

13. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    And he claims victory by doing the biggest screw ups possible

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ROFL. I dunno, playing with Petro(l) might kill all Ian's braincells.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    For the Bounty Hunter arc it would be good to see Boba get some revenge for what Ventress did to him in S4. That and sorting out his mummy issues with Aurra Sing.

The Clones Arc I hope to see some pay off/development with Rex and his 180 with Ahsoka from the last arc. They can't leave that hanging.

Mauls death It's got to be Anakin, who kills him this time instead of Obi-wan, Not only symbolic with Vader killing Maul and taking his place but would also give some believable meaning to Obi-wan's nonsensical "Sith Lords are OUR speciality" line.

Mandalore Arc I agree has got be dealt with, probably with the Republic/Empire taking over and occupying the Planet.

Barriss, agreed they need to develop this and her a bit more.

Rebel Alliance again agreed

Finale, again agreed

16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    As for the Bounty Hunters, I'm perplexed on what they can do with them. We know Boba and all the OT BHs survive, but I don't have a clue how. I'm a "stay alive fan", so I would like to see Cad Bane live past ROTS. There's plenty of room in the galaxy for BHs, the more the merrier. Asajj, well I almost don't want her to be a BH now after seeing her with Ahsoka. I believe her fate lies somewhat tied to Ahsoka, but not entirely.

Hondo is a must! I liked the IGN article with Dave Filoni where he explained Hondo. I like the idea of a Han cameo with Hondo.

I would like to see the final seasons be heavy on clone arcs. I want to see the Republic Commandos more. I would also like to see at least a nod to the Republic Commando EU, with the whole Mandalorian tie it. Have Gregor survive his ordeal. I want to see Rex defect. or go into hiding. It would need a real well written story. Would have to be distinctly different then Ahsoka's, but along the same line. I'd like to see Rex and Ahsoka be together, possible throw in Ventress for fun.

Maul, I have no clue what to do with him. As long as it DOESN'T involve killing Ahsoka, I'm ok with it. I also like the idea of the ultimate redemption of Ventress killing Maul. Maybe saving Ahsoka's life from Maul.

Mandalorians, I think they are close to done. Show Bo-katan getting Mandalore back to somewhat of a EU look and feel, Maybe some Boba action as they are distantly related.

I feel Palpatine gives Barriss a pardon and she continues to cause issues with the Jedi

I think we can have some of the Rebel Alliance seeds being planted, but nothing too drastic

As for the final Palpatine Kidnapping arc, lets leave it to Labyrinth of Evil. Then the EU Justice Defenders will be pleased. Besides, the story was pretty good.

EDIT:
    Just for the record, these endings I'm proposing are based on having a similar animated series that eventually runs in parallel and goes beyond ROTS.

earlchinna likes this.
  17. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Off topic here, but does The Clone Wars Movie belong in the Saga or no? Should it be considered the seventh film of the Star Wars Saga?

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What, the "movie"? Nah, it's more like an extended pilot that happened to get a theatrical release. It's more like a direct-to-DVD spinoff, but appeared in theatres instead.

I mean, it's all the Star Wars Saga to me. But as far as the film saga, no, I don't think TCW the movie belongs.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the TCW movie a lot but I do not consider it part of the film saga. That is TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH. ESB, ROTJ and whatever Episode 7 will be called.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope, it doesn't.

21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I personally like referring to it as "Star Wars Episode 2 and a Half" in light of its placement in the PT, but no I don't consider it part of the film saga.

Seerow likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    GGrievous : Chewie had to appear. How else was Filoni supposed to let us know that only Ahsoka could understand him?

Hopefully there will be no cameo of a young Han trying to read Chewie's emotions.

As far as future seasons, I'm liking all the Labyrinth of Evil talk here. We can hope, can't we?

I definitely want more Bo-Katan and more Ventress, although not necessarily together.

I'd also like to see Anakin get pissed off without the Imperial March playing in the background.

As far as Barriss, the damage to her character has been done and as far as I'm concerned, the writers need to just let that story line go. I'm afraid any attempts to explain what happened will just be more headdesk- worthy.

Zeta1127, fett 4 and GGrievous like this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think more than ever as season 4 and 5 have progressed TCW is basically Episode 2.5. Its transitioning into more of a prelude to Episode 3 however.

24. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Just rewatched ROTS with my brother today. I know it was produced before TCW, but I was indeed put off by the whole "Anakin Skywalker... I expected someone with your reputation to be a little... Older" "General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected" quotes (sorry I haven't seen ROTS since it came out in theaters). I kind of expected them to be acquainted. How many times did Anakin actually meet Grievous throughout TCW?

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They don't meet. There was one episode where they were both semi-concious but didn't interact.