main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I don't listen to people on Facebook that aren't the official source.

Star Wars Underworld reported a lot of things that would be coming in Season 5 that just didn't happened. (i.e. We would meet a new 212th clone, we would see the 41st and possibly Luminara...) All from their "super secret inside person in LucasFilms". :rolleyes:

3. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Lol, I know, comments that individual people make on a facebook page (or any message board for that matter) sure do put a lot of fear into ya (especially when absolutely no links were given to any article). People like to act like they know what is going on and if you make it sound like it is legit info instead of just a random opinion people would be more prone to take notice (at least for a few seconds).

4. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    A lot of the people who run these sites are nothing more than fanboys themselves. Just because some people go to the trouble of putting a site together for other fans to come to doesn't mean they are suddenly buddy buddy with Lucasfilm and gain knowledge of all their secret info.

5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Exactly. Which is why they can't be trusted.

Hank Hill likes this.
  6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Agreed on the above posts. I'd really like to know who exactly the "source" inside the production is. If it's one of the actors I wouldn't give it a lot of weight as they would not be privy t5o any negotiations for the show. Really, unless it were Dave Filoni or one of the supervising producers I wouldn't give it much credence at all. Again what we know for a fact is that production of the show is still ongoing and Season 6 is pretty much done. Disney certainly would have pulled the plug well before now if they had no intentions of continuing the show in some fashion.

BTW, I found Jimmy Macs comments on the Facebook post to be hilarious... if we really were at DEFCON 1 for a pending announcement of Monday wouldn't it be a little too late to sway opinion one way or the other??? DEFCON 1 seems to imply some sort of doom and gloom so you really think receiving another couple of dozen letters over the weekend (which by the way wont be seen until Monday) is really going to prevent the show's cancellation if that were Disney's decision.

Again, while I support the goals of the petition of keeping the show on air (I've written and sent a couple of letters myself), I think some of the fear mongering is a little unnecessary and frankly has gotten out of hand. To repeat, the show is still in production, and from comments by Filoni, Pablo Hidalgo and Ashley Eckstein, it's clear we are going to see more Clone Wars whether that is on cable TV or as part of a syndicated TV package, on starwars.com or some other web delivery service like Hulu, or directly releasing seasons on DVD/Blu-Ray. I'm okay with any of those solutions, but again I would prefer the show remain on a cable network.

But please let's stop with the DEFCON 1 nonsense.

Yancy

V-2 and eht13 like this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Gallandro, while I agree, you barely post sources too. ;)

8. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Jimmy Mac from RFR is in contact with people who work on the show. Save the Clone Wars posting about an announcement Monday they say comes from someone working on the show as well. The fact they both posted around the same time makes me worried. Believe what you want. BTW just checked the original Save The Clone Wars page posting they now say:
    Again I don't vouch for it I'm just passing on what they say.

9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Of course rezpen they always claim it comes from someone working on the show. Don't you know that is the oldest trick in the book about how to get people to pay attention to your post (claim it is from someone working on the show). It's ok to listen to those gossip sites if you want to. But don't take what they say too seriously. They're just out to let their voice be heard just like everyone else who posts on message boards is. Wait until you hear official announcements before you take anything to seriously.

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmmm, does Jimmy Mac have proof they are really in contact with people from the show? Because you know someone who works on the show and the show is still in production why would someone who works on the show cause lots of panicky rumours to go around? And yet it is very clear from Filoni, Eckstein etc that something has been sorted to ensure the continuation of this show so I honestly cannot believe the crap that is coming from Jimmy Mac because it is completely contradicting what has come from reliable people.

Also I'll point out that it was on 13th March 2012 that Disney XD announced its 2012-2013 line-up. Could it be if this announcement truly exists then its to do with you know Disney announcing XD's 2013-2014 lineup?

earlchinna likes this.
  11. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I just checked their Saturday morning lineup, seems like between 9 and 11:30 they are running the same two shows three times. Seems like kind of a placeholder hmm. Since they just announced they are running a block of Marvel on Sunday wouldn't it be great to have a Star Wars block on Saturday of Clone Wars, Detours, and the unannounced younger skewing show Lucas was talking about? :) Either that or it's cancelled haha we'll see.

12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Lol, rezpen just hope that The Clone Wars gets there. You are wishing for too much for all the others.

13. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Lol, boy that is something new that some guy from the internet would take some kind of common knowledge like that and warp it to where it sounds like it is info only a few people are privy of.

14. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
  15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm surprised at that considering its a UK paper. And I don't think the Clone Wars is very well known over here. Heck, CN here still hasn't aired Season 5 yet!

16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I'm sure Jimmy and Jason are getting all geeked out now over the fact they got their name in the paper. Some people will definitely fall for their gags now.

earlchinna likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Again, just to reiterate: PANIC. NOW.

Gallandro likes this.
  18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
  19. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    The one thing that doesn't add up to me about RFR and Jimmy Mac, is that if he has "inside" information AND there is an announcement Monday, then "scaring" people to write letters NOW is useless as they would never reach anyone BY Monday! Even if the announcement Monday/next week/whenever is NEGATIVE, we should STILL write letters.

But back to the Jimmy Mac conspiracy: my best guess is he did somehow "hear" there was a negative announcement happening Monday, but just shouting out "DEFCON 1" isn't helping anyone, except for possibly scaring them to write more letters, which I just proved they wouldn't even get to everybody until after Monday. My theory is: he's afraid IF it is a cancellation announcement, then the fans will be like "OH WELL, WE FAILED, TIME TO MOVE ON, NO REASON TO WRITE NOW".

So as much as I do believe Jimmy, she should go about it a different way. Maybe "from my sources, it looks like there may be an announcement Monday and it may not be positive. What we need to do now is be as vigilante as ever and continue to write letters and get the show BACK on the air." He could even give examples like Family Guy, etc.

Because all these new scare tactics have done to me, is they delayed me in sending my already written letters. If it is canceled, I don't want to send an outdated letter, I want to send one that is relevant to any new decisions made by Disney.

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    The thing is we already know for a fact that TCW has not been cancelled. We are getting more episodes as per Filoni and Eckstein have said. Whether it gets aired on a tv channel first or goes elsewhere is the question that fans want to know and are worried about. If the show was going to cancelled then they would have stopped production and the team would not be telling us that they are working on an announcement that will tell us when and where we can find new episodes. In fact they would probably be telling us to write letters themselves, to tell Disney that we love the show and want it to continue. The fact that they haven't and are trying to reassure us says a lot more then what these alleged sources of Jimmy are saying.

earlchinna likes this.
  21. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Guys what the people at RFR are doing is just a very common aproach many fans take to getting people to listen to them. That is really all it is. I would imagine that they don't know anything more than anybody else does but also just like everyone else they have their opinions and they want those opinions to be heard. And if getting people to listen to their opinion requires them to make their statements sound as legit as possible they will do that. It happens all the time all over the internet and in every other form of media.

I listened to that Ashley Eckstein interview you posted phat (which is a chore in itself because Jimmy and Jason are absolutely painful to listen to) and they mentioned they had inside scoop on things in the same breath that they were trying to get people to write letters. I think there is a good chance they are just saying that to get people to do what they want them to do and write letters.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    For those that listen to RFR and when Jimmy was on Forcecast, you know that he and Jason talk to Filoni and crew regularly since you hear them on the show. So the sources are probably legit contacts at LFA. Regardless it does no good to debate this, we will just see what happens next week.

I'm setting my expectations that we may get something other than the regular broadcast season, i.e. direct to DVD episodes. This is not my preference and I will keep doing what I can to let them know we want full seasons, but I'm also realistic that it may not turn out that way.

That being said... What about Disney/CN airing "specials" every few months consisting of the remaining and future 4 episode arcs put together as movies? Doctor Who did this at the end of David Tennant's run as the doctor. This way they aren't committing to full seasons but it gives them a chance to air the remaining episodes, finish telling the remaining character stories, and even finish and produce new ones? We know that most of these episodes now work better as a full arc anyhow so it could be said they will play better this way. They could do this up until 2015 and the next animated series if they wanted.

23. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Watto, no it doesn't do any good to debate. But at the same time just because rfr gives interviews with crew doesn't mean they get any inside info (especially when that inside info is supposed to be under lock and key and the crew isn't saying anything to any other forms of media). So don't take these guys to seriously just because they created a fan site.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm just going to point out that Doctor Who is a very poor example to give, considering the 4 specials that aired in 2009 where agreed by the BBC back in 2006. The BBC had already agreed to Series 5 which would air in 2010 and had already greenlit it despite the show only filming Series 3 at the time these agreements were made. The specials were not designed to finish off character stories... The executive producer was leaving the show, as was the producer and he wanted to tie up his remaining stories but some of them have carried over to the new era under Steven Moffat. David Tennant nearly signed onto do Series 5 as well but decided he'd stick with his original leaving plan. And the Doctor Who specials are not movies either (being picky here) but they certainly didn't finish telling the character stories either.

Using Doctor Who to illustrate a point about the Clone Wars was probably not the right example to use when trying to illustrate a channel not committing to a full season. In reality the BBC wanted a full series in 2009 but the producers and executive producers wanted to leave and the new executive producer had other things to work on before he could take up the job. The specials were a compromise for a lack of Who in that year from the production team to the BBC. It did give them the opportunity to expand the Tenth Doctor's story however.

As for Disney and Clone Wars... they've probably got the majority of Season 6 completed and well into Season 7 by now so that would be quite a lot of specials/movies to air if they did edit them together.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Fine hlc88 I will leave it to the UK folk to school me on Doctor Who trivia! ;) Actually appreciated since I'm just making my way through these episodes now. TCW arrangement is clearly nothing like Who as you illustrated.

However my example was more just in the way they broadcast shows during that Who era rather than why they broadcast them that way. In TCW example they could blow through 24 episodes in a year if they aired a movie special every couple months. I know with Who, they only had four movies to run, with the last one split between Xmas and New Year, but TCW could do more of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.