main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What do you think Morrigan Corde, Hogrum Chalk, Darth Maladi, etc. are up to now?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Now" being a little less than a year after the alliance's defeat of the One Sith Empire, at the start of Volume II of Legacy?

The characters with the biggest "loose ends," in my opinion, are: Morrigan Corde, Hogrum Chalk, and Darth Maladi.

What do you think they are up to now, whether they will actually appear in this volume or not?

I'd guess that "Nyna" will stay dead, but can you ever see Morrigan truly retiring? Perhaps that scene of her vowing to make things up to Rulf Yage and her daughter is some indication, but I just don't see her becoming a housewife. Maybe she continues to work as an agent of the Triumvirate, helping them track down missing Sith such as...

Darth Maladi. Cade may have twisted her mind and forced her to forget some things, but she's still extremely dangerous. Especially since she can apparently create Omega Red in just a few days. Plus Maladi framed the Yuuzhan Vong, and is the true mastermind of the Ossus Project sabotage, but I think the YV have still not been officially cleared or redeemed in the eyes of the galaxy. What could be up to now? And let's not forget who conveniently delivered her (as part of at least her and Krayt's plan, to tempt Fel with Omega Red) into Fel's hands...

Hogrum Chalk. He claims to love his niece, Marasiah, yet he apparently leaked the meeting on Agamar to Veed and nearly got her killed, and did get her captured and tortured by Dark Havok. Then he betrayed Nyna to Veed (and Morrigan must still be wondering how Veed found out she was the spy). Then Chalk conveniently found Maladi, and pushed Roan Fel to the dark side... knowing that either Roan or the entire planet of Coruscant would be killed. Now, it seems like he is the chief adviser of his niece, the new Empress and Triumvir.

I think those characters are the biggest loose ends, though feel free to add more. What do you think they're up to now?

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Eshkar Niin (aka Darth Havok) is someone else who might pop up again, since Marasiah and Antares are in the second volume. Why did he kill the Empress, why did he think it was "regrettable but necessary"? Did he join the One Sith before or after his apparent death?

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When the Legacy series first started, I read every issue as soon as it came out. About half way through I switched to TPBs, and read the last 3 along with "War" all at the same time. I'm not sure if anyone else got this impression, but when you read the second half of the series it seems as though there are a ton of characters (Chalk, Havoc, etc) introduced at the 11th hour who obviously have some sort of complicated backstory and hidden agenda. It's almost like the introduction to Act II of a play that was never completed.

That, combined with the fact that John and Jan had originally planned to introduce a even more characters before DH's editors told them to cut back, makes me convinced the authors have a bunch of notes somewhere on potential future plots. And although the new writers claim they're mostly doing their own thing for the sequel series, I doubt they're doing it from scratch. Surely they've picked John and Jan's brains about these characters? Especially the ones introduced toward the end of the series -- Chalk, Havok, etc?

RC-1991 and Summer Dreamer like this.
  4. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, you can't take Maladi seriously. Her name is like Melody and reminds me of songs, not diseases, mainly because malady is kind of an archaic word now, like melancholy.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I just wonder if the Starbuck clone Gunner Yage knows that Cade is her half brother.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She's known since the Tatooine issues.

And Morrigan told Jariah that her daughter was in Skull Squadron... and after learning Nyna=Morrigan, Cade probably put together that Gunner was his half-sister.

7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    For me, Chalk is the really interesting one. I very much would like to know more about his backstory and what he was up to.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hopefully, if it's allowed to, Legacy Vol 2 will answer all these Qs and more.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow...

I feel archaic now then as I still use malady and melancholy. :p

10. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Surely you jest. Society cannot have plumbed such depths that the populace is barely conversant in its mother tongue. A scant score of synonyms for 'sickness' or 'sadness' is simply inadequate, at least in the expression of any higher meaning. Forsooth, it is monstrous!

I suppose you'll next be saying that whenever you hear the words 'Darth Maul' your brain, conditioned by this present intellectual vacuity, makes the subliminal connection to 'shopping centre' rather than the intended 'physical violence' or, indeed, 'rugby'. Hah! A fine world that should be, wherein the general population immediately associates Darth Maul with row upon row of unnecessary, overpriced merchandise!

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Oh ok. I never got that issue. Not yet anyways.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Charlez Dikins agrees with you.

o_O

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Let's hope so!

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think Darth Havoc was introduced too late into the series. He had some potential, but still I thought when they introduced him "oh, no, another red-tattood Sith Lord".

Personnally, I do not think they will appear. And if they appear, their appearances will be brief ones. The writers told us they were not going to focus on old characters, but that they could make an appearance along the line.

I think I would love to see Nihl more than the other Sith Lords.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Maladi is probably the most dangerous Sith left on an individual basis.

16. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    The big issue with the end of Legacy is that there is myriad of unsolved plots such as :

- Chalk the Betrayer : what were his motives for betraying Roan and helping Veed?
    - Siths still alive such as Maladi,Nihl, Saarai, Havok, Talon : they all are important folks, and they can't be dealt with easily.

They all are important characters : it's not possible to have them being ignored, considering their ability to be a galactic nuisance.

And here's come the dilemma : I don't want them being the core of Legacy V 2.0, the authors must set up their own story, not being hindered by the previous plots. BUT! I want these plots being solved!

17. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Agreed. One of my favourite villains from Legacy who barely did anything in the series. Guess I'm just a sucker for cold badasses. Or maybe it's just because he didn't look like Darth Maul.

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I think most of us are in agreement that after Tattooine it was rushed..so many characters with unresolved plots with major back stories..I'm curious to see how far from "War" they have.picked up from..