main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Mystery, excitement...a young Jedi who takes a step towards the dark side does indeed crave these things.

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Anakin learns important lessons about the galaxy: your underlings can actually wish for you to kill them, The Dark Side is an illness, Tarkin is not trustworthy, don't have a spaceship as a pet (it will die anyway and you have to take long walks with it) and that a story can have a view to the end of the Republic, Sienar, Tarkin, hints to a planet-destroying attackers and cool ship, planet and alien designs but still be so very boring.

3. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    How dare they use the word 'rogue' in the title of a book that doesn't feature Wedge & co?

Gorefiend, tjace, Rawne and 10 others like this.
  4. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    A girl who is quite blue seeks frienship from a boy with anger issues.

5. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
  6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Named after a Star Trek: Enterprise episode...

7. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    The most boring adventure we have suffered through.

ezekiel22x and TrakNar like this.
  8. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Picking an organic ship based on which of the seeds clinging to your body you like the best, which I guess is still better than having salesmen follow you around talking BS.

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Parasitic Koosh balls.

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I know we said quotes aren't allowed, but, seriously, the best one sentence summary of this book is "This is what it was to have the heart of a master."

My official entry: Living, breathing characters actually grow and change in interesting, believable and organic ways which causes 9/10ths of EU authors to spontaneously combust.

God, I love Rogue Planet.

11. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    A missing Jedi, attachable puff balls that help create a ship and a planet that can move on its own power set in the pre-Clone Wars era but tying in to a Yuuzhan Vong story in the New Jedi Order.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    For the record, I'm not explicitly banning quotes, but they have to stand totally on their own. RF's didn't really work without his own statement preceding it. The "heart of a master" line would be alright, but you'd have to give it its own post. :p

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Everything I tell you is a lie, including this quote, which may or may not have any relevance to Rogue Planet, but if I told you it wouldn't be the truth so I can't answer.

Barriss_Coffee and Ice1605 like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin is way too pissy for a time frame 10 years prior to ROTS, but that might be because Greg Bear is having him race trash cans.

MistrX and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    We did Traitor already. :p

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Intertextuality ftw?

17. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Anakin and Obi-Wan catch a ride with a giant caterpillar.

krtmd, RC-1991 and CooperTFN like this.
  18. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Chapter 1 is too long.

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    As it happens, Hav and Relaxus are technically tied, but since Relaxus' entry doesn't actually have anything to do with the book, I'm giving this one to Havac.

[​IMG]

20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    A potential new threat is introduced to the Star Wars galaxy, a mysterious race of okay fine it's the Vong.

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Sith Evil Space Egyptians invade the Republic, only to be stopped on Coruscant by the Jedi-led forces of Gondor.

[​IMG]

darth fluffy, fett 4, AusStig and 9 others like this.
  22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Psst, that's from Fall of the Sith Empire, not GAOTS.

Truly, it was indeed a Golden Age, back when spaceships had sails, masts, and rigging for no particular reason; heads in jars could be Sith Lords and brain-jellyfish in jars could be Jedi Masters; friendly Hutts wore gigantic fezzes; Naga Sadow fought such notable Sith Lords as a phallicly-chinned guy named Ludo, a dude with an eyepatch, and another dude with a mohawk; the proud TOTJ tradition of heroes falling to the dark side for vague and unconvincingly motivated reasons continued; the author felt under no great obligation to explain why the Jedi went to war to support a militaristic, expansionist empress; and everything depicted conflicted with everything the same comic series initially established about the era.

23. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Force-sensitive twins discover a secret...wait, hasn't this story already been done?

24. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Kevin J. Anderson is two years away from writing his only good Star Wars story but until then enjoy some terrible tales set 5,000 years ago that involves characters acting with no common sense and some Egyptian-like Sith and other stupid nonsense.

fett 4 likes this.
  25. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Egyptian clothing everywhere and not a single believable event occurred in this "Golden Age of the Sith"