main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not saying that it's a good idea or that it's what I would do, I can just see Disney wanting to include her in some way in either the ST or a spin-off.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    LOE is the step before ROTS, so is there anything left that could prohibit transitioning right into that?

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    LOE?

4. ramonm2

ramonm2 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Labyrinth of Evil.

While that would be cool. Maul going after Ahsoka would make Anakin feel more guilty and hate the council even more... All part of the Emperor's plan to turn Anakin to the Dark Side?

5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Truthfully, no. Everything seems to now be in a place where LoE could pick right up.
    Talzin needn't be dealt with now, there are still several years before the necessary rise of Gethzerion to the position of Nightsister clan mother. Maul could be held for scientific experiments by Sidious, or transitioned into one of the first Emperor's Hands. Mandalore's fate is already written, though with Obsession gone, something needs to be done with Ventress eventually; preferably an Obsession-esque life off in the distant reaches of the galaxy. And something needs to be done explaining why Appo is the 501st commander in charge of Operation: Knightfall, though it need not spell the death of Rex.

But yeah, essentially LoE could pick up where the series left off and finish the war out into RotS just as before.

6. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Is that good like Darth Plagueis, or rubbish like Dark Lord?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good! It's amazing!

8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    A rubbish James Luceno novel? BLASPHEMY.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My first thought was to ban you.:p

Mia Mesharad I figured we were close, minus Obsession's end, but I wanted to be sure.

JackG and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Kraviec

Kraviec Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    I didn't go through 70 pages, but throughout some recent ones I haven't seen anyone come up with this. My theory is that Ahsoka fell in love with Anakin. He was the only one who trusted her, he saved her and well, he's her master, so they're already pretty close. Then she says she needs to work things out without the council and without him. She was specific about him. And then when he told her he understands, and she said she knows, she had that crush_got_gf_friendzoned_me_try_not_to_cry face.

That's what she needs to meditate about. She just did what a decent Jedi would - exiled herself. She doesn't want to mess with Ani's life and romance (she likes Padme, too), she doesn't want to disappoint the Council and she doesn't want to fall into the Dark Side.

IMO it kinda fits in. And that was my first thought, it wasn't forced.

11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'll find a cheap copy then. Be warned: if it turns out to be as uneventful and computer game continuity laden as Dark Lord, you'll be on my ****-list!
    I found Dark Lord dreadful, but Plagueis is one of the best written EU novels; it's practically a real novel!

Changing your mind proves you have one. ;)

I was seriously impressed by Luceno's writing in Plageuis, but Dark Lord was a run of the mill EU gap-filler where nothing changed, Vader's character had no development, anyone vaguely interesting was killed almost as soon as they were introduced... The potentially interesting part of it was the rogue clones, but that was dealt with clumsily and the result was unsatisfying. But yeah, offtopic.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Cheap copy? For shame. I still have my hardback copy from when that came out. I was sick but still able to get it. Worth it. Amazing time reading it. Or might have been the ROTS novel. Not sure.

13. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    What has this thread become?..

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It was worth it. We were getting close to the start of ROTS but we didn't know how it all started. We knew the basic details of how ROTS would end, Anakin became DV, Padme, Dooku, Mace Windu would die, Jedi Order gone, Republic gone/Empire rises etc. Got so stoked for that book because we finally got the backdrop to how ROTS would start. Not sure when Season 3 of the original Clone Wars aired. Plus the jacket cover got me into it. You knew it was going to be amazing.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Labyrinth of Evil in a word: BRILLIANT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    How about......NO

Besides that's disgusting.

Ahsoka does "love" Anakin, but not in the way you are thinking.

GGrievous and SithStarSlayer like this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm not an EU fan and I've only read 5 or 6 SW novels, but I thought LOE was the best of them. That means better than Dark Lord and Darth Plagueis.

V-2 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I dunno. I mean, Padmé fell in love with a professional hitman when she was a kid.
    [​IMG]

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I guess respect for other people's opinions truly does run low in LACWAC.

22. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    You need to recognise when others are kidding around.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was going to say that "lately, humor also seems to be running low." Ninja'd.

Mia Mesharad and K'Kruhk like this.
  24. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I just ordered a hardback copy for £2.70 with free postage. LOE, that is, not RotS. ;) I've not read RotS, reading AotC put me off novelizations for life.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait, where are we, LACWAC? Ah screw it. V-2, GET THE ROTS NOVEL! IT IS COMPLETELY WORTH IT.

Seriously, you'll never find a more universally loved SW novel. It's one of only two SW novels I've ever given a perfect ten (the other being TUF, another Luceno book). I know the TPM and AOTC novels are subpar, but this is Matthew freakin' Stover we're talking about here. He's only written four SW books, but everyone loves him.