main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Keep the Midi-chlorians out of the sequels please!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Sith_Knight087, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Alexrd
    Sure its a fact. He said "Midi-chlorians took a lot of the mystery out of The Force for me." He will certainly know better how he personally feels about the force than you do.

2. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    George Lucas changed the nature of what the force is when he made The Phantom Menace. You are welcome to be in denial about that because internets.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  3. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes please keep the midichlorians out of the next trilogy. Takes the mysticism out of the Force. Now the only difference between a normal person and a Force user is that Force users have more mini creatures inside of them. Blood transfusions anyone?

4. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Indeed: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid
    (Skippy the Jedi Droid became a force user when Jedi blood got into his lubricants.)

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Darth Plagueis' experiments showed that to be an unsuccessful approach.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    If you are a luminous being, you don't have to be checked for a blood infection to determine you have the force. The blood is the crude matter Yoda says is not important, which is the entire point behind what Yoda says. The entire point is that Luke must connect with the Force through his focus and his spirit, yet the PT says it is in fact what is in your blood that is important

These are not compatible ideologies.

KilroyMcFadden and Darth_Pevra like this.
  7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    When you enter an argument about something, stating "for me" doesn't cut it or give you an advantage to support your view.

Where did Lucas contradict the nature of the Force in TPM? Where is it denied that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things."?

Are you in primary school? Because even a kid would make such an immature remark.

And you don't. When did someone check the blood to determine if someone "has the Force"?

8. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    fixed.
    So if I find your baseless arguments not worth taking seriously, I'm a child? nice.

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That's funny, because they do exactly that in TPM, then they come to the conclusion that they found a messiah because he has a lot of force bacteria in his blood.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Of course not.

Because Yoda told us the body is unimportant. The Midis however are closely tied with the body. I think this has already been explained multiple times. Do you even try to understand the other side?

QG pretty much checked how much force connection Anakin has which in the PT seems to correlate with actual force power ("Not even master yoda yaddayaddayadda).

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, they don't. Qui-Gon already knew before hand that "The Force is unusually strong with him." He checks Anakin's blood in order to know the amount of midi-chlorians he has and measure his affinity to the Force (and his potential).

For the lesson he was trying to teach Luke, it was. The ability to use the Force to lift the X-Wing was not about muscle strenght. Luke needed to believe in the Force to do it. But that doesn't deny everything else.

What other side? And what are "the other side" arguments? On the same token, do you even try to understand what is said in the movie?

See my reply to Captain Tom above.

Seems for you. But it isn't.

12. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    And there you have it, case is closed. You can't deny it even yourself, in the PT it's all about the force bacteria, even though Yoda clearly told us that it's not the body. How do you rectify this, was Yoda lying? If it's not the body, why check for force bacteria to determine potential?

13. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Darth_Pevra I'm perfectly well aware that the non-canon fan based retcon is that force bacteria are correlation, not causation. The argument holds no weight compared to what was actually suggested in the movies and by George Lucas himself. TPM indicated causation.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It is also exposition. It was put there to explain to the audience how the force works.
    Precious little information is given on the force. Every line counts.

Those on the other side. Those that don't agree with you. This isn't supposed to be about "winning" or whatever you are trying to do.
    Well, yea, obviously. You did read all my posts in this thread, yes?

Those that have most Midis are at the same time the top level fighters of the order.

Note I said "correlation" and not causation.

You can't deny there's a clear correlation of Midi concentration and force power.

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I think there's causation, but I can't proof it. So for the sake of the argument I stick with correlation.

16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

Yep, if you have enough force bacteria you can use the force, because it's the force bacteria which gives you that access. The more force bacteria you have, the stronger you are. And if you have lots of force bacteria, you were created by the force bacteria and are the space messiah.

Crude matter indeed.

17. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Edited the post because I realised I didn't word it properly.

I've already argued my case. It's sad that you can't accept that I have my own opinion. I don't like the whole idea of Midi-chlorians. Trying to defend them isn't going to work.

18. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    No. While the concept of midi-chlorians dates back to at least '77 (as the tape transcripts in The Making of Star Wars showed), they only served as a way to objectively measure Anakin's force potential in TPM, they didn't change the concept.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes, and back then Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader were different persons. Who cares? What matters is the stuff in the movies.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And midi-chlorians are in TPM to explain to the audience how some beings are more connected to the Force (and thus can use it's power).

Those that don't agree with me (and thus don't agree with what is said in the movies) should have a strong enough argument to support their views.

After my first reply? I believe so.

Says who? Do we know the midi-chlorian count of every character? We just know that Yoda and Anakin have the highest.

Indeed. But where is the basis for the correlation?

I don't deny that there is a correlation between midi-chlorian concentration and Force potential. Leia is a great example: she probably has an high midi-chlorian count, yet she never uses the Force and doesn't know how.

No. The more potential you have to be stronger in the Force.

Unfortunately you didn't. Otherwise you would have replied to my arguments.

I can't accept? I know that you have your own opinion. But when you reply to my posts in order to have a debate, your argument should hold up. Merely ignoring what I said and leaving by saying "in my opinion" doesn't help.

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    A meaningless distinction, it's still all about the force bacteria, the crude matter

22. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Midi-Chlorians ruin the force, I just can't believe there are people who still watch these movies after RLM tore them to shreads.

23. SaberTheMoment

SaberTheMoment Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2013
    The Internet and the unfiltered nature of it's discussion is the only reason ideas like "George Lucas changed the nature of what the force is when he made The Phantom Menace" find any traction. I say this not because I like the idea of midi-chlorians, but because they were only briefly mentioned and their relationship with the force was never really explored in any depth. At most what we're dealing with is a half baked kernel of an idea that never actually went anywhere. Saying it "changed" anything is giving it way to much credit.

For this reason I don't think we'll see much about them in the new movies. They were never that big a part of the films that introduced them to begin with and there were three movies in between where they weren't brought up at all. Unless Arndt or Abrams have some elaborate idea about how to expand upon them, I don't see them bringing it up.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Which means that the potential to become a Jedi depends on the midi concentration because without strong force connection no Jedi-training.

The way you conduct yourself speaks of close-mindedness. It may not be possible to convince you of anything.

Well, Anakin and Yoda have the highest midi conc. and they are top fighters. There. Correlation.

I honestly don't know. The only explanation I know which is actually based on what we see in the movie is that the force bacteria determine how powerful a Jedi can theoretically become. If there were another I'd probably bite onto it like a Piranha to a piece of meat.

Training and force power are obviously also correlated.

25. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I responded more than once to you. None of your arguements come anywhere near to convincing me that my opinion is a bad one.

I'm starting to think you're a troll, to be honest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.