main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Animation - Characters, Lighting, Scenery and everything else!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    An impressive animation moment with characters is the hologram scene with Cody back in season four during "Kidnapped". Put that beside the scene from ROTS and it looks almost like the real thing. I posted the imagine on an animation forum and they thought it was from ROTS.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say that Mortis had the best scenery, I remember the first time I saw 'Overlords' when they woke up on Mortis, then it showed you a shot of the landscape, I thought wow... Because of the floating rocks, the mountains, the plants and the bright green colours used, and this image below show that perfectly. If they ever bring out a game for TCW, whether it be a normal game or a Lego game, I hope Mortis is included, because I just wanna go exploring there!
    [​IMG]
    Another planet with amazing scenery was Cato Neimoida in the episode 'Sabotage', as soon as the episode started and I saw it, I thought the same thing as I did when I saw Mortis for the first time, wow... Because those overhanging rocks, the cities built under the bridge like structures and the Seperatist ships all looked amazing together, and then we go to see Anakin and Ahsoka flying past the cities and it just looked amazing.
    [​IMG]
    Felucia also looked really impressive, especially at night like in the image below with all of the scenery glowing under the moonlight. I reckon that Felucia was one of the most impressive looking planet in the Star Wars saga, and they did a great job of it in TCW.
    [​IMG]

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    My favourite models:
    Ki-Adi:
    [​IMG]
    Captures the character perfectly, imo.

Luminara:
    [​IMG]
    I like this better than her look from the films.

Ventress:
    [​IMG]

Eeth:
    [​IMG]
    Really like that accent, too.

4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I don't really like Barriss' and Luminara's fashion senses. Can't blame TCW for that though.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Anyone else care do dig up as many "unaimated" pictures of TCW done in this style? I love seeing what people like Ahsoka, cyborg Maul, Anakin and Obi-Wan in their war guises, etc would have looked like played by real actors.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Personally I'm glad Cad Bane was introduced in animated form.

[​IMG]

I mean just LOOK AT HIM. He looks like an old prune in this pic.

Also Kit Fisto and especially Plo Koon look way less ugly in TCW form IMO.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't know if you know this......but ill say it anyway.

He's Duros.

of Duro.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duros

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duro

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    STAHP IT.

Fisto's RotS look is a real backwards step from the awesome AotC clone look.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My favourite character models are:

Darth Maul with his first metal legs, everything about this character model looks fantastic IMO, I know a lot of people don't like it because of his legs, but I reckon they look really cool! One thing about Darth Maul in TCW that the animators show really well is his facial expressions, because when he's angry, you can definitely see that he's mad bro.
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka Tano's updated model, I like her new clothes way more than her first, and two lightsabers looks much more badass than one, especially with the way that she holds and uses them.
    [​IMG]

Embo, he has a really interesting character model but it looks great, and he has the best hat out of any Star Wars character... ever! Plus the animations for his hat are always great.
    [​IMG]

Kit Fisto, especially in the Mon Cala arc, because he looked awesome and was animated really well.
    [​IMG]

Bossk, I reckon they did an amazing job transforming him into an animated character, and I'd say him, Kit Fisto and Darth Maul would probably have the three best transformations into animated characters.
    [​IMG]

Shaak Ti, another great transformation into an animated character, and I reckon she looked great in the two Kamino episodes.
    [​IMG]

Aayla Secura, she looks really cool, and I reckon her, Ahsoka and Shaak Ti are the three best female character models in the whole series.
    [​IMG]

And of course, General Grievous, he looks fantastic and all of his fight scenes have amazing animations.
    [​IMG]

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The season 4 Blu-ray is actually a great one for showing off the quality of your HDTV. Those black levels.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can only imagine what the Shadow Conspiracy and Fugitive arcs will look like on Blu Ray.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure they are going to look amazing. More than good enough to calibrate an HDTV with.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm impressed with the animation on the show, especially in the post-Season 2 episodes, but they still haven't gotten the character movements completely right: walking and running is still a bit stiff and the facial expressions are at times in a similar predicament (but both of them has improved, especially the latter as of recently); if the show comes back, maybe they could work on making those a bit more fluid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.