main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Sitting in a blackout during hurricane sandy. A tree had just fell in front of my house.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    In all seriousness, I was in the library doing homework and casually checked Facebook, and I saw that someone had posted an article relating to that. I thought nothing of it, until I went back to my room and checked the JCC and found a thread regarding that topic that ran for about 30 or so pages. The mods locked it the next day though.:(

3. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    I was revising for exams. Took a few minutes out to check the film sites. Tried though i did, i couldn't focus on revision after reading the news.

Had a very big smile on my face though. My wife thought i was mad.

4. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Just checkin' mah Facebook and saw a friend posted it. Didn't believe it at first, naturally. I said something like, "Don't toy with my emotions."

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Heard it from my English Comp. I professor at the beginning of class.

My reaction caused the entire class to laugh for a good 5 minutes.

6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Read a tweet don't recal who but I denied the rumor saying Ah, if only... Then more tweets came and I was starting to turn around as well as I had googled it... and so it was officially comfirmed oh Joy!

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    In my room browsing the news online.

Sorry, no colorful stories here.

8. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    On the couch surfing the web. That is the truth. However, if the ST is legendary, I may embellish the story a bit to my future children and grandchildren.:p

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Watching the news about Hurricane... Sandy? I think that's what it was called?

10. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i was curled up on my sofa drinking a cup of coffee that morning and i got a call from PK saying "have you been on the internet yet today?"

11. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    I was doing morning sit ups when I heard the main theme coming from the tv downstairs , I nearly fell down the stairs , thinking it was news of the Star Wars tv shows that we were all waiting on. I couldn't believe it when I heard there were to be new Star Wars films. Had to keep checking and rechecking the net to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was already offline for the day when the news broke. I found an email from Grimby the next morning about it and then came onto the boards.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Right when I found out, I texted like 20 people about it.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  14. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I did too, and they were all like, "Okay."

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    When I did that, they were all like "YIIIIIPEEEEEE!"

16. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    I was woken up by my brother with the news but was initially in disbelief; searched 'Star Wars' into google and there it was: over 5000 articles, BBC at the fore, with the headline 'Disney buys Lucasfilm.'

17. aepawlik87

aepawlik87 Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    After the storm Sandy, at somebody else's house checking facebook on a little netbook. My friend announced it. Bliss would be the word.

18. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    At work, checking my phone and my friend texted me "Disney bought Lucasfilm and Episode VII to come out in 2015." Didn't believe him at all. Then I was showing a customer a computer and features of Windows 8, went onto the internet and on the homepage in bold letters was something like "Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion" My head exploded and I let out a silent shriek of glee.

19. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I was at home and a friend dropped by to visit, and he told me. I actually got the news from someone face-to-face.How often does that happen these days? :D

20. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I was so bored I was on Twitter at the time and thought there was a running gag going on. When I realized it was no joke, I paid for a new server for Phatooine.Net and logged onto the JC.

OTOH, I check Twitter a lot more now, even when not bored. Heh.

21. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I was at work and got a text message from my sister that read: "Disney bought Lucasfilm. Star Wars Episode 7 to release in 2015. NOT A JOKE!!!" I was beyond excited.

22. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    In front of the tv.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    About to make a thread called "Is Star Wars Dead?" when I went and took a shower. Came back, refreshed TF.N and yelled on the top of my lungs.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Those poor poor customers.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Haha not really actually, it was more of an internal shriek or "silent" as I put it. I just looked and the headline and smiled and moved on, with the nerdgasm building up inside me.

CaptainRegor likes this.