main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Music Videos for Star Wars VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by startravellerearth, Mar 8, 2013.

1. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Can Disney do a music video for Star Wars VII?

Like if they did one like Will Smith's Men in Black, can they do that?

2. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
  3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Nothing will ever beat the classic 'Back in Black' from the E3 days - sadly, it seems the original with it's shakey, snuck in camera visuals seems to have vanished from teh internets, but if there was ever a board crashing minute, that was the one that did it.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Let's hope that George blesses us with more 'Tone Poems' that we're all supposed to get excited over but secretly don't know why we should care, aside from the footage...

5. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Please, No. Star Wars has always been classy in that regard, and having some pop music video to go along with Episode VII just doesn't seem like Star Wars (or Lucasfilm) to me. If you mean a music "video" like they did for the PT with music from the trilogy and scenes from the films intermixed I could see that, but a "Men in Black" style video--please no.

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I kind of want the hyper cam from episode 1 to come back. As much as I disliked Jar Jar. I was always amused with Ahmed Best walking around the set and doing to little videos.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Have Adele do the themesong. "Let the Death star FAAAAAAAAAAALLL! Let it crummmbllllle!" ;)

Kal La Kai likes this.
  8. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    No pop artists please. First of all can't stand pop music, second it does not fit Star Wars.

If we get a DOTF style single/music video I will be fine with it. But if we get a Celine Dion/Adele style music video I will puke.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  9. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Why on Earth would anyone want a Will Smith style music video for Star Wars? Will Smith is brilliant at what he does and I do love his movies etc, but seriously...could you imagine him singing "here comes the man in Black" and Darth Vader appearing beside him doing a dance?

If they were going to do this, they may as well just get Will to re- write the theme to Fresh Prince of Bel Air.....

West Tattooine born and raised....
    In my T-16 is where I spent most of my days!
    Chilling out, maxing relaxing all cool
    Spending time fixing droids with my hyper tool
    When a couple of troopers who were up to no good
    Started asking questions in my neighbourhood!
    I got in one little fight and my droid got scared
    and before I knew it I was in a swamp on Dagabah!

10. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Breezy, you are correct about Black in Black from E3. I remember watching that video repeatedly. Great times.

I suspect that if they have a great song like Duel of the Fates then we may see another video. I would not count out John WIlliams.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It would be awesome if Pink Floyd did a Star Wars cover or something.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just a little history lesson for those who weren't around back then - the 'Black in Black' video that some of us are referring to was a bit of Lucasfilm promo video that they had done for an investors meeting or some such, featuring things like clips of Hayden and Ewan really going at it (for the E3 final confrontation) during (street cloths) rehearsal/fight choreography set to AC/DC's 'Back In Black - it was never meant for public distribution, but some clever cookie snuck in a cam-corder and BOOM went the internet - if it's anywhere online anymore, I haven't found it in years... but I'll never hear that song again without thinking about it, and the excitement it caused.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  13. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I like the men in black music video. Why can't that choreography Will did come back?

14. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
    Because Star Wars is not Men in Black!

15. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    If I see Taylor Swift in a galaxy far far away - I'm out.

-C

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Celine Dion

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If they DO a music video then have the song be at least somewhat believable in SW. Kinda like how this is for LOTR

18. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
    As long as it is not like this.....

DarthBreezy likes this.