main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JDuffPhoto, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I had a thread going on this, but I'm not sure that it carried over to these boards since the changeover. So, we're starting new.

With the Bisons game coming up and all the preparations, many people will need new sabers or repairs made to their existing sabers. Ultrasabers has been the going option and for the cost, they are pretty good sabers. I own one and haven't had any issues with it. As of late, I've noticed the quality of the wiring construction slipping with Ultrasabers and after a few repairs, decided to offer up my own builds to the group.

Here's how it works.

I use parts from The Custom Saber Shop, an online store. They are very high quality machined aluminum parts that interchange with one another for virtually unlimited configurations and designs. In addition, there are several custom options that can be incorporated into the design.

I am offering to assist in building a saber for you - either doing the actual work myself, or teaching the finer details of saber wiring. If interested in this, please do the following:

- Look over The Custom Saber Shop website. Use the tools provided (MHS Builder) to design your saber hilt and review the parts that you will need. ( I will assist with the design and parts list if needed)

- Consult with me to confirm parts list prior to ordering. You will place the order for the parts/shipping. I will not be ordering parts as I will not be charging for my services and therefore will not be handling any money. Arrangements can be made if shipping to me directly for the construction of the hilt, otherwise bring your saber parts with you, along with an open mind and I will teach you the ways of the Soldering Iron ;-)

- If I am requested to do the work, I will construct sabers as quickly as I can and deliver them when I see you at meetings or events.

The cost of these sabers will depend on your design, budget, creativity, etc.

At this time, I am only offering STUNT sabers - this means that your saber blade will be illuminated with a simple on/off function like the basic UltraSabers do. Due to the complexities of soundboards and the cost of replacing them in the event something unfortunate happens, I will not be supporting soundboard installations at this time. In addition, I will not be custom cutting any shrouds as I have yet to attempt this for my own saber.

Saber repairs are handled case by case. Replacement parts are subject to the same terms as above - I will not be ordering parts, but will accept drop shipments if arranged.

This offer is valid to NorthRidge members only. This isn't limited to any timeframe, so whenever you have need for repair or wish to build a new saber, let me know.

Jon

thesevegetables and BPStoyle like this.
  2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    PM SENT!

3. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    bumpy bumpy...

4. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I may hit you up when the warranty on my Consular expires...need to have a red button installed.

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Something people may want to consider is submitting a group order for supplies. It could help trim the cost a little to save on shipping. I'm not sure if there is a quantity discount for a bulk prefer with the suppliers.

I offered to help Jon solder if needed.

6. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    email sent

7. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    ive been tinkering and trying to design a personalized lightsaber for awhile now. i think i have something i like. i am definitely interested in learning how to do the wiring properly! i dont know when i would be going after another lightsaber but if there is a time when we can just work with the wiring id be up for it!

8. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    PM replied to.

9. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Are you talking about the activation button?

10. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Yes. Gil was kind enough to provide me with one, but I haven't had the time to do it.

11. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    My new red lightsabers are insanely bright! My orange ones look so dim and dull and almost yellow next to them. when comparing them i noticed the red sabers, when shown on the wall like a flashlight it is a very concentrated and sharp circle. The orange ones are are nowhere near as sharp and it gives off a double ring effect. Another difference between the two is the orange sabers have the resistors and the reds and the buckpucks. difference being the buckpuck holds the batteries charge longer. when i got the reds the lit right up without having to charge them. with the orange ones the batteries will lose their charge after several days no matter if they are in use or just sitting there. just my two cents on comparing the two sets of sabers. regardless of the quirks they might have i love all my sabers!

also, now jon doesnt need to give me the evil eye anymore when we are together, no more will the sith and jedi share a saber color! for now!