main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Oh wow really? My memory must be failing me... :(

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    None, actually. The show jumps through hoops and ties itself in knots to bring them close, but always keeps them from ever meeting. The closest they ever got was in Shadow Warrior, when Anakin was unconscious. No other material outside of TCW has featured a face-to-face meeting between the two, either.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, Anakin has met Dooku multiple times but not Grievous.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It's Obi-Wan and Grievous that meet several times over the show.

5. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Well played, Filoni, you did one thing right! ;)

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It was a pity that in "Shadow Warrior" They just went with that crappy exchange at the end where Padme make a decision based on advice from damn Jar Jar. Its almost the worst part of the episode since on top of everything else there is zero payoffs. I still long to hear what one of the clones would think if Padme tried to explain what she did there.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    'Twas rushed, for certain. The content of that episode could really have filled a duology. Padme's decision should have been examined more in-depth (or in any sort of depth really).

cwustudent and Valairy Scot like this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, that's one example of an episode where way to much got crammed into one which honestly is why it feels so contrived. A duology would have created time to elaborate on Grievous's plan. Would have allowed there to be time to show how the droids all got deactivated. Even an extended capture scene with Grievous vs. the Gungans would have helped where hundreds of them could have been shown dogpiling him like ants on a mantis. I imagine an actual rescue would have been mountain for Anakin instead of an exchange like we saw. Remember when the season 4 trailer came out and folks were crossing arcs figuring that would happen? =b

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Agreed on all fronts. It's only the second half of the episode that starts to rush things in, the first half is fine.

That happens every time we get our first trailer for a season. Back when Season 3's first trailer was revealed, everyone was speculating that the entire season would be building up Ahsoka having these Force visions, and that they would lead her to multiple places across arcs.

Then we found out it was all from Assassin. :p

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The season 3 trailer with Ashoka's visions and what we got was such a let-down.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think my favorite case of fans getting stuff wrong was with the season 4 trailer were folks were claiming they were seeing Cut Lawquane capture C3PO and R2. That made no sense to me when people bought it up and I remember I took the trailer into my video editor Sony Vegas and examined looking. Then again I also did that when folks were claiming it was a new clone in that Rex was in during "Escape from Kadavo". Fun times. Can't wait to do that again. =b

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree, though I do think Assassin is one of the better episodes of the first half of Season 3. The scene where Ahsoka and Padme played Dejarik did a good job of making their relationship actually feel genuine. Leia's Theme being played on Alderaan, Ahsoka blocking Aurra's blaster fire, but being unable to keep it up for too long and being shot in the arm.

I had higher expectations for that plotline before seeing it, but I remember that episode fondly.

We've got two giant unknowns after this season - Maul and Ahsoka - so if the trailer hints at either of those characters playing a role I expect the speculating to spiral out of control. :p

But yeah, I honestly love the build-up to a new season. Endless possibilities.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Assassins was pretty good. Watched it the other week. Not my favorite episode but good for the reasons you said.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Katie Lucas took the plot of AOTC and replaced Anakin with Ahsoka. Even when Padme is about to be assassinated, Anakin has his head up his ***.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Been a long time since I've watched 'Assassin'. Aurra Sing still stole that episode. That crazy witch needs to pop up again.

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I remember hating that episode. Aurra was best in the Boba episodes. She and Hondo should have their own arc that's a tribute to pulpy 70s movies. :D

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love Hondo's line to Aurra referring to Boba, "Not mine, I take it?".

Definitely potential for Hondo/Aurra antics.

18. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    No it's just that Hondo's brilliant ;)

With Ventress lurking around as a bounty hunter, I doubt we'll see any more of Aurra.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The irony of your last sentence just hurts me eyes. Didn't TCW crew prevent Aurra from using a lightsaber because she'd be too similar to Ventress? Now, Ventress has lost her lightsabers and is a bounty hunter. :p

EDIT: And yeah, Hondo. Even better, drunk Hondo!

20. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Sorry for hurting your eyes here's a pair of glasses i bought for you via teh intahnet:cool:

07jonesj likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I loved that. Is it wrong I'm kind interested in their on and off rellationship? =b

Bet ya that Ventress will just get new ones.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The whole episode was crappy!

And I think if Padme says what she did there then I think she would go in front of the Republic Tribunal and found guilty of continuing genocide and war.

It is an example of an episode that never needed to exist.

That would be wonderful since we all love Aurra and Hondo so much and they have such awesome chemistry. IMO even better than any other romance in the movies.

23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Sorry, I know Shadow Warrior is a hot button for many, but I am a defender. [face_peace] I whole-heartedly agree. A duology would have been better, Padme's dilemma in particular. But, as was shown, it had to be a quick decision for Padme. If the clones, or the Republic, found out what Padme did, then she would be the GFFA's Jane Fonda x a million. The entire situation should remain unmentioned, so that Padme can, you know, continue breathing. I'm surprised the Gungans let her leave the planet, considering she invalidated the death of an honored military leader... And Padme is kinda racist. LOL
    @Seerow Did you watch the deleted scene?
    I thought Savage had a magic arm.

A THOUSAND TIMES YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Senate would have a field day with that since Padme is one of the ones that wanted to end the war but because of this continuing the war. Why didn't Dooku tell Lott Dodd or somebody?

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    After that episode, upon receiving the Petition of the 2000 (fronted by Padme in ROTS), Palpatine would have thrown it back in her face. Her actions in Shadow Warrior destroy her credibility as a moderate voice, which is the main reason why Bail Organa and Mon Mothma make her the frontwoman.

Before that point, every politico in the GFFA would realise that something is up between this General Skywalker and Senator Amidala for her to give up freakin' General Grievous for him (though to be fair, Grievous proved himself to be utterly worthless in that episode as well). Anakin might have divorced her; even he might have felt creeped out that Padme was willing to trade Grievous for him in a one-off prisoner exchange. After banishing Jar Jar (again) for regressing to his idiotic pre-TPM state and giving the sector's senator shockingly bad advice that went against their species' interests, the Gungans would have demanded Padme's head. Neeyuntee/Apailana would have fired her on the spot and considered giving it to them. Of course, these things were all avoided due to the fact that things have to stay as they are until ROTS.

I know Shadow Warrior has its defenders, but I agree with the view of Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan that it's an episode that shouldn't have existed. Quite frankly, I'd have cut it from S4 and added a Mandalorian-focused followup to A Friend In Need.

Assassin had some nice Alderaanian touches, including the iconic Leia's Theme musical cue, and it did greatly embellish the Padme/Ahsoka relationship into something vaguely sisterly or familial. That was the episode which really began the idea of Ahsoka being an unofficial, unknown member of the secret Skywalker family, greatly enhancing the S5 finale as a result. However, the episode's plot was largely a rehash of AOTC. For some reason, Breha Organa was nowhere to be seen, and neither were background Alderaanians who looked different to the handful of repeated character models. Aurra Sing was decent enough, but not enough to make the episode anything more than mediocre in my view.

Convor and Barriss_Coffee like this.