main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.20 - The Wrong Jedi (Season Finale) - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

I agree these guys probably aren't meant to be one shot characters. Wonder if the spin off rumor still holds any water.

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    ROTS O66 ?

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Young Jedi was rumoured to be a series of it's own, and that this arc was serving as a backdoor pilot.

Seerow likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That and the amount of development given to both Katooni and Petro suggest to me they are going to built on again later. Make an ROTS overlap super painful the more we get to know them.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thinking that Byph, Gungi and the rest can be some of the bodies seen in ROTS after the Massacre by Anakin.... :(.... it just makes me feels so sad!

Oh no... now that innocent look makes it worse. Bad Anakin!

6. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    My assumption is that a youngling spin off would be a pure children's show. The younglings would never grow older and there would be no character development. It would just be a different story every week that young children would watch.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    If Ahsoka and the Younglings escape O66 together then I'm done. There's enough survivors as is. Too many! These kids need to die at the hands of Anakin in the Temple, perhaps defended vainly by Sinube.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The younglings scene is one of the two reasons I refuse to watch the last half of ROTS. I agree that they shouldn't survive Order 66 but I don't want to see an elaborated version of the Council chambers scene either. That little blond kid asking Anakin for help before he draws his saber is hard enough.

An elaborated version of Young Jedi would make a cool young kids' show for Disney Playhouse or whatever the hell they're calling it now, and I could see Disney going that route. It should be less annoying than Little Einsteins. OK, maybe. (Now that theme is going to be stuck in my head all day. "I'm going on a trip in my favorite rocket ship...")

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    If TCW only gets 2 million viewers on a good day, I don't see how a Young Jedi spinoff is viable.

If TCW is going to seed the transition to a Dark Times show, then perhaps you might see some characters from the 5(? 6?) times we've seen them, but it's doubtful. Disney/LFL will want to promote Episodes 7 8 and 9 before long, so having a cartoon set between 2 and 3 (or a Dark Times show between 3 and 4) might seem distracting and confusing.

10. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Way too much to talk about & I've been out of the swim here.

BUT: I am gratified that my theory has proven true. I've been saying for years that Ahsoka was not named after King Ashoka, who spread Buddhism across Asia, by accident. I still believe that Ahsoka becomes an independent "Jedi" who teaches the ways of the Force to small groups of followers during the Dark Times.

Great episode!

11. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Jeff Fischer

I understand the brutality , but that just intensifies the fall for me!

What is your other reason ? Random Guess: the birth of the twins

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Petro looks kind guilty in that screen cap myself bit I'll have it for the screen cap thread. Yeah it is really sad to think from the moment they came on screen there days were numbered.

You think it would be a kiddy show with a floating time line? Kinda like Ducktales meets Lego Star Wars? I don't think it would be that tones down. I disagree the "Young Jedi" arc is toned down. I think it would also be an action type show. Very high quality if it used the same animation. It would just have a different cast and be a little zanier. I imagine it'd only run a couple of seasons with TCW proper functioning as the ending.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope, I actually like that scene; I've skipped to the end to see that one.

The other reason is Anakin choking Padme. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous, considering that everything he had done up to that point had been to save her life. What. A. Dumbass.

fett 4 likes this.
  14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    But by that token...

[​IMG]

;)

MistrX and SithStarSlayer like this.
  15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah. Maul died on Naboo.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ninja'd.

I was going to say that if the writers really decide that a character death is sad, they'll just ensure that the character never really died.

GGrievous likes this.
  17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    And Palpatine died on the Death Star II.

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No floating Jango head for Filoni either

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an Infinities story about that yet.

...has there?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Do what?

*headdesk*

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Apart from my massive worry about the ST that they're going to completely reboot post-ROTJ EU (Don't. Frakking. Do. That.), I'm kind of also worried they're going to bring Palpatine back.

PLEASE DON'T.

22. Wonderllama

Wonderllama Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    I have a greater appreciation for the Ahsoka arc now that I know it was the series finale!

rumblewagon and phatdude1138 like this.
  23. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Agree. Now I know why the ending was so dramatic.

EDIT: I still don't think I could watch this 4 part arc anymore. That ending killed me when it was just Ahsoka, but knowing it was the "true end" of the series (I don't count "bonus material"), I think it would kill me even more.

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Rewatching this arc brings up a question - did Ahsoka even attempt to hold up her end of the bargain with Asajj? She was supposed to try and get her off the hook. What, now that Ahsoka doesn't care, Asajj is SOL?

:(

The Shadow Emperor and V-2 like this.
  25. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Let's look at that logically, anyway. Even assuming Asajj plays a masterful role in clearing Ahsoka of all charges, that's a single act for a single person, who is the grand scheme of things, unimportant. Does any of that merit a government pardon, when to counter that on the proverbial scales of justice, Asajj has killed an untold number of Republic soldiers, multiple Jedi, the entire colony of Ohma-D'un, destroyed Republic warships...the list goes on. One life, the one unimportant life of a single Jedi Padawan, doesn't provide enough cause for a pardon the likes of which Asajj would need. Even if Ahsoka did speak to someone in the Senate in pursuit of a pardon, she wouldn't get one.

V-2 likes this.