main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fleeting Moments (Skywalkers/Solos) Update 04/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 28, 2013.

1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I guess the heavy part is more the second part...

2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Hahaha! Oh Ben is in a world of trouble for toying with Luke's father's lightsaber.. o_O And I love how Mara didn't hold back making him feel guilty by saying it was also a present to her.. Evil woman!:p
    Also enjoyed the other post 'A Sudden Parental Epiphany' .. I love how Luke called Ben in just to say he liked being a dad .. and therefore happy Ben was his pride and joy..
    Great little scenes!;)

3. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Note: And now, the stunning conclusion to…His Father's Lightsaber.

@mayo_durron_666, Hazel, Briannakin

"Luke…" Mara called out, approaching her husband who was working on his X-wing.

Her husband looked up and turned to face her, putting down his tool. "Mara? Something wrong?" He spotted his son. "What's going on?"

"Ben has something to tell you." She put a hand on her son's shoulder, gently prodding him forward. "Go on, Ben."

"Mom…" He whispered back, eyes wide with trepidation.

"Ben, we had an agreement." She stared at him hard. "You need to tell him. This isn't going to go away."

"He'll hate me…"

"Mara?"

She dismissed her husband for the moment, her eyes softening. "He could never hate you, Baby." She turned her eyes toward her husband who was looking at her confused and silent.

"Go ahead." She urged once more.

Ben looked at her, biting his lip, and then resignedly turned to face his father. Luke was gazing upon the boy with confusion, but his eyes were soft. "Ben?"

The boy momentarily looked back at his mother then walked forward.

"Dad…"

"Yes, Ben." Luke sensing something was amiss frowned.

Ben halted, seeing his father's unhappy expression.

He could feel tears springing to his eyes. He didn't want to cry! Crying was for babies. He wanted to be strong like his mother! Like his cousins! Like his aunt Leia and his uncle Han!

"Ben, is something wrong?"

"I-I-…." Ben suddenly began to stutter. "I'm sorry," was all that came out.

"Sorry? Luke walked forward and kneeled in front of his eight year-old son. "What have you got to be sorry for? Ben, the lightsabers can be fixed. I know you didn't do that maliciously."

"No, it's not that."

"What is it?"

His father had such kind eyes.

"I-I broke grandfather's lightsaber…"

Luke's eyes widened.

"What?" He asked hoarsely.

"I wanted to see what was inside…so I took it apart. I didn't know it was grandpa's. I thought it was mom's." Ben explained in a rush.

Luke could feel himself going cold inside. He kneel there for a moment, feeling strange. He could feel his son's eyes upon him.

"Dad?" The boy looked on him with such concern. "Dad? Please say something. Are you mad? You are, aren't you? I really am sorry. I didn't mean it."

Luke didn't know what to feel. That lightsaber was the only memento he had of the man who had been his father. He could feel his son's fear and his worry. He should have been mad…angry…he should have been yelling. But he only felt cold inside; not quite knowing what to do.

"Dad?"

Luke got up and took two steps back from Ben. His eyes a bit glassy, his mind in a daze.

"Luke?" Mara called out. "Luke, say something? She frowned. "You're scaring, Ben."

Luke could hear the worry in Mara's voice and was picking up on Ben's fright, but he ignored them both as if they weren't there. Father. He thought. He didn't feel rage, he felt...hurt…upset. Like someone had grabbed his heart and began to squeeze.

"Daddy?" The boy called out and reached for a leg of his father's trousers.

Luke made a movement almost like a flinch.

"I-I have to get some air." He mumbled and turned and walked off….

Leaving a young Ben standing there stunned, grasping air with tears in his eyes. He hung his head, lip quivering.

"Well," Mara muttered. "That did not go like I thought it would." She sighed running a hand through her hair. She approached Ben and placed a hand on his shoulder.

The boy turned and broke out in a sob, crying into his mother's stomach.

"I knew it...He hates me."

Mara knelt down and gathered her child in her arms. "He doesn't hate you, Baby. Daddy just needs some time to think. That lightsaber was very special to him. He'll come around. Your daddy could never hate you, Ben. He loves you too much."

She looked up to where her husband had retreated. Damn you, Skywalker.

Luke stood outside in the common area court yard, his arms folded over his chest, trying to process what he had just heard.

It was an accident. A part of him reasoned.

"That lightsaber was priceless. I've told him a million times not to go in our room without permission. I thought he knew the boundaries. I thought I raised him right. I…Ah, kriff it." He was no longer cold anymore. He could feel himself bordering on anger; a dull, aching heat raging inside.

He was angry with the boy.

"I have every right to be, don't I?" He yelled. "It was up on a shelf for a reason."

Ben had always been more mischievous then any child Luke had come across. His sister's kids included—and there were three of them, two of them being twins. With Jaina and Anakin, there had always been things being taken apart in the Solo household. Though, he never recalled his nephews or his niece doing something so reckless like Ben had.

"It's just a lightsaber, Luke." A voice said from behind him.

"It's not just a lightsaber." He snapped, whirling around…

He stopped in place, eyes widening imperceptibly.

"Father?"

He hadn't seen Anakin's Force-ghost since Endor. Now, here he was, thirty years later.

"Is what you feel really worth it, my Son?" Anakin inquired softly. "A lightsaber can be easily repaired. It can be rebuilt. It is an item not a human life. A child cannot so easily replaced. Nor their love."

"You don't understand."

"Don't I?" He walked around and sat down on a nearby bench. "I almost lost you. I lost you because I was blinded by my own feelings, because they were all that mattered to me."

Luke took on a confused expression. "I don't understand what you mean."

"No, you wouldn't." He sighed. "Luke, my failure to trust in the Force and forgive led me to a dark place. It took me away from my children…whom I would have done anything to protect. Unfortunately I did not weigh the consequences far enough."

"But.."

"No, Luke."

"Father."

"Nothing you can tell me, can excuse your anger. Your child is not worth the feeling you feel right now. If you take this too far, you will lose him forever—the way I lost you."

"But you didn't, I brought you back."

"And I died. Do you want for Ben to grow up with the thought that you hate him? Do you want to lose him over something so insignificant?"

When Luke didn't say anything, Anakin carried on.

"You once said to a young Prince Isolder, you must forgive…before your hate burns in you a black spot in your heart..Forgive and serve the Light side of the Force. And did you not befriend the Emperor's Hand; what's more you married her. You also forgave your student Kyp Durron, along with countless other beings. You forgave me." He raised a brow. "Now, surely a man who is capable of that much forgiveness to those he is not even related to, would be capable of forgiving his own flesh and blood. His own child."

Luke looked duly chastised.

"Your son loves you…and he is truly sorry for what he has done. But he is still a child, Luke, and he needs reassurance from his father. He needs your love—and to know that you forgive him, no matter what he does."

Luke didn't speak for a moment.

"Son?"

"I do." He lifted his head, tears in his eyes. "I do love my son. I would do anything for him. I fought during the Yuzzhan Vong War so he could live."

"Then face him…and tell him." Anakin got up. "Don't let your feelings create a rift between you two…You are the only father he has."

"Thank you…Father." He whispered.

"Think nothing of it. I'm just trying to prevent you from making the same mistake I made." He made a shooing motion. "Now go. Don't make me do this again."

Luke nodded and watched as his father disappeared as easily as he had come. He turned away and sighed. "Well, Luke," He murmured. "Time to man up."
    When Luke had arrived back in the hanger, his son and his wife were nowhere to be found. So, he headed back to their apartment where he figured they'd gone. He could feel a sense of foreboding as he approached their floor in the turbolift. His wife's anger was coming off in waves, crackling through their Force bond. He sighed. He was in trouble.

He began to prepare himself in order to brace himself from her diatribe which would surely be unleashed on him as soon as he stepped through that front door.

As a precaution, he projected apology through the Force—but was immediately rebuffed. Mara wasn't having it.

Luke took in a deep breath and stepped off the turbolift at his floor. He made his way to their apartment door and stood on the other side for a bit. Many would say he was afraid of his wife—and they would have every right to think so, because let's face it: Mara Jade was frightening when angry. He examined the door. He could hardly stand out here, avoiding her or Ben. Nothing would be solved between him and the boy if he stayed on the other side of the door. As if he was safe anyhow. He wasn't going to avoid Mara's wrath; the woman would cut through a wall to get to him in this state.

"Well, here goes." He said, and keyed the entry.

The door slid open to reveal a very pissed Mara Jade Skywalker, sitting on their flow form couch, arms crossed over her chest. She was glaring daggers at him. You know the saying, if those looks could kill….yea it wasn't her look that he needed to be afraid of. It was the vibro-dagger, the lightsaber, and her blaster that he needed to be afraid of.

"Hello, Mara."

"Don't you "Hello, Mara," me. What you should be saying is I'm sorry."

"I'm-"

"Not to me, you bantha-brain. Your son!" He jabbed a finger in the direction of Ben's bedroom.

"Of course."

Her eyes flashed with fire. "NOW!"

"Yes, dear."

"And don't come out until there are no more tears." She paused. "And if there are, they'd better be tears of happiness."

He nodded and headed for his son's room. Luke tentatively knocked on it. "Ben…Its dad. Can I come in?"

When he didn't receive an answer he looked back to Mara—and received a glare for his efforts.

"Ben, I'm coming in." He said, and hit the pad.

The door whooshed open and he stepped through. He stood now on the other side of the door, looking around the room. It was a typical boy's room. Littered with models of ships and similarly designed sheets, family holos on a dresser, toys piled in a chest in the corner, and a table in the center of the room.

Before the table, knelt a little boy with red-hair, bent over various mechanical pieces.

"Ben…"

"Go away!" The boy snapped, still focused on the task at hand.

"Ben, I'm not..." Luke tried.

"I said, go away. You hate me!"

Luke flinched. "I don't hate you, Ben."

"Yes, you do." There were tears in his voice.

"I don't hate you." He walked over and kneeled down beside the boy. "Ben, look at me."

The boy didn't respond.

"I could never hate you, Ben. You're my child, my son. You are the most precious thing in my life." He reached to touch the boy's hair—and Ben shied away. Frustrated, Luke sighed. "Ben, please. I'm trying to say something to you."

"You were angry." Ben turned toward his father, glaring accusingly. "You looked at me…like you…were disappointed with Ben."

Oh, dear…. Luke thought. He's talking in third person; that's never good.

He thought of lying and telling Ben he wasn't, but that wouldn't be the truth. He had been upset, very upset. It wouldn't do the boy good for Luke to placate him with false admissions.

"You're right, Ben. You're absolutely right, Son. I was…very upset…I was angry." He took a breath. "Your grandfather's lightsaber meant the world to me. It was very special, you understand don't you. It's like…that stuffed Ewok mommy got you when you came home…at the end of the war."

He stopped what he was doing. "Bobo?"

Luke's eyes became soft and an understanding smile crept over his face. "Yes, exactly." He assumed a cross-legged position. "Now, imagine something bad happened to Bobo…like mommy or I accidentally lost him..How would that make you feel?"

The boy thought for a moment. "I would cry. I love Bobo." He looked to his father. "Bobo's not gone, is he?"

Luke shook his head and drew his son closer. "No, Ben. Bobo's safe on your shelf."

"Good…I don't want Bobo to get lost."

"Would you feel angry?"

Ben nodded.

"Why?"

"Because you and mommy got him for me…"

Luke nodded back encouragingly. "Do you think we would lose Bobo on purpose?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because you gave it to me, because you love me."

"Is that why you love Bobo?"

"Yes." The boy answered clearly.

"Well, that's the same way I feel about your grandfather's lightsaber. It was a gift…from my first mentor….the only thing I ever had of your grandfather's.

Ben turned his gaze back to the task in front of him. "I'm sorry, Dad."

Luke shook his head and pulled his son into a hug. "No, Ben. I'm sorry." He rested his chin on the boy's red-hair. "Sometimes, it's daddies who are the ones that need to say they're sorry." He paused. "I should have never let myself get that upset…It made me lose sight of what really mattered."

He smiled slowly.

"You are worth more to me then a lightsaber. I love you so much. I could never ever hate you."

Ben sniffed and threw his arms around Luke's neck. "I love you too, Dad."

Luke smiled once more, and gently patted the boy on the back. "I know." He withdrew from Ben. "Now, let's get rid of those tears shall we? Or else mommy might find a place to put that 'saber of hers."

"What?"

"Nothing."

Ben narrowed his eyes. "Dad, I'm not dumb."

"I know." He got up. "Just an inside joke."

The boy frowned; he knew exactly what that meant. His father wasn't going to tell him though. He'd find out eventually.

"Ben?"

Luke was heading for the door and stopped short when he realized his son wasn't following him.

"I have to fix this first."

"You can stop that for now. I don't exactly need it right away."

Ben frowned and sighed in exasperation. "No, Dad. I already finished that one." He turned back to the item in question. "I'm working on grandpa's now."

Luke raised a brow at this. "You are, huh?"

"Yes."

"Will it work?"

Ben turned to his father and rolled his eyes. "I'm a Skywalker. Of course it'll work."

His father broke out in a grin.

"Well, then I'll guess I'll leave you to it…I'll tell your mother you'll be having lunch in here I guess."

"Yeah."

Luke paused, holding open the door. "Ben?"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"We're good. Aren't we?"

The boy turned and flashed him a little smile. "Yeah…we're stellar."

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was ooey-gooey nice in my tummy. @};- Very sweet. [:D] !!! Your daddy!Luke is =P~ ;)

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good, they made up :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I loved every single one of these glimpses into the Skywalker family's life, but I think my favorite is the one with Allana and Luke. We never got to see those two together in the profic, but I'm glad you decided that Allana likes him, and that she feels comfortable around him. He could be scary to a child, but I love this soothing quality you described, and that she trusts him. I wrote a similar scene once because I wanted them to be a real family. :)

I'm so glad they made up in the last one! It's normal to be upset when your child destroys something you hold very dear, but if you can't forgive him and show him that you love him no matter what, you scar him for life. Anakin Skywalker stopping by as a Force ghost to give his son some parental advice was a first. ;)

Could you tag me, please?

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh that nearly broke my heart! I'm glad they made up in the end. Excellent job. I think this one is my favourite thus far.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    He isn, isn't he?

Yup!

Sure.

The only time we see Luke and Allana interacting is in FOTJ when Allana thinks her great-uncle has gone over to the Darkside because he's working with the Lost Tribe. That's as close as we get, I'm happy for that much, but would have liked to see more.

Sometimes Luke needs a knock upside the head, he seems almost to need help coming to terms with stuff in my fics...sometimes he loses himself in his emotions.

You and me both.

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Notes: This is a "how Ben got his first speeder" story. Enjoy!

Tags: Jade_eyes, Hazel, immertreu, Briannakin

Title: The Speeder
    They approached the lot, Ben brimming with anticipation.

"I can't believe this actually happening. I can't wait to sink down into the seat of a brand new..."

"This is it." Luke said.

"Clunker."

The speeder was old and sandy-colored with slight rust on it; it was certainly past its prime and had probably seen more air time then Ben had.

He looked to his father, eyes wide.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm not."

"But it's a piece of junk."

"It's not a piece of junk as you so eloquently put it. It's classic model."

"Which is the word salesmen use when trying to sell clunkers like this." Ben sniped back. "Please tell me you haven't put the down-payment on it. It's older than...well you."

"And if I have.."

Ben groaned. "Great."

Luke gave him a hard look. "Look, as much as this pains you, you are missing the point of your situation. You are getting a free ride Literally. And as long as I'm paying for it, you get the one I deem appropriate."

His son glanced at him with pleading eyes.

"But."

"No, Ben." Luke walked over. "There is nothing wrong with this speeder." He ran a hand over the frame. "This is a good sturdy model; one of the best of its time."

Ben muttered, "When was that...the Clone Wars era."

Luke blew out a exasperated breath, trying to dismiss Ben's sulky attitude.

"As I was saying this is a good model. You won't see many like these any more."

Ben rolled his eyes. "That's because the rest of them are in a museum."

Luke ignored this.

His son was staring down at the speeder, glaring at it as if it was some horrendous eyesore.

"You can glare at it all you want but you're getting it. This way, if you get into an accident, I'll know that there's nothing hardly to damage." He watched as Ben turned his gaze away from the speeder. "Ben, are you listening?"

"Yeah, yeah...cheap and old equals safety.." His voice trailed off as something seemed to catch his eye.
    He started to pick his way over to a chain which separated the used speeders from the brand new models. He hopped the chain and approached a shiny white and red speeder. "This is it." He said excitedly. "This is the one."

Ben bent over and ran his hand along the smooth frame, noticing the way it reflected his image. He leaned further in and caught a glimpse of something that really stirred him.

"Dad, check this out. Chrome interior, nerfhide seats," He walked around to the back. "Duel thrusters. Oh, man...I bet this baby can really floor it." He heard footsteps behind him and pivoted to meet his dad. "I've gotta have it."

Luke approached the speeder, examining it. "It's a very impressive vehicle..."

The excitement drained from Ben's face.

"But, you're getting the one I chose. It's more durable, more reliable, and it's not a death-trap."

"And that's not!?" Ben jabbed a finger in the clunker's direction.

"Ben...I've made my decision. So unless you can find a way to pay for it yourself...you're going to end up with what I pick."
    He sagged his shoulders in defeat. "Great."
    "Ben, could you come downstairs?" His cousin Jaina said over the speaker.

"What is, Jaya," He continued to chop the veggies. "I'm kind of busy."

"You can put dinner preparation on hold for a bit."

"You obviously don't know your uncle when he's hungry. He gets all grumpy when he doesn't get food in his stomach; that and he's been locked up in that sith-forsaken room of his all day."

"Just come down here. I think your dad can wait a few minutes for dinner."

Ben set down the knife. "Fine, but if he bellyaches to me, I'm shoving the blame over to you. Be down in a few." He untied his apron and hung it on the hook, pushing through the swinging kitchen door. "Dad, I'm going downstairs to meet Jaina, I'll be back in a few."

He exited the apartment and took the turbolift to his uncle and aunt's floor. Jaina stepped in.

"Now, what is this you had to tell me, Jaina?" He asked.

"You'll see."

"This better be good." He muttered. "You know how much I hate surprises."

"Since when?"

"Since now."

"Are you still bitter about your trip to the speeder lot?"

"No."

"Really?"

He shrugged, trying to feign indifference.

His cousin watched him. "What? No smart comeback? All right, have it you way."

They rode the remainder of the way in silence.

"Okay, so I am bitter." Ben finally muttered. "How would you feel if you were all jazzed up about getting a new speeder and instead you get some lemon."

"Did Uncle say it would be new?"

"Well, no.." He conceded.

"There you go."

He fumed. "Still its entirely misleading."

"Oh, please, hot-head..It's your own fault."

"What?"

"You let you imagination get away with you." She admonished. "And now you're ticked because Benny-boy, didn't get what he wanted. Guess what, sometimes that happens."

The turbolift arrived at the bottom floor of the apartment building and the doors slid open. Jaina and Ben disembarked from the lift and walked out into the foyer, greeting the doorman, Jonas on their way out.

"Out to enjoy the day, Ben?" Jonas asked.

"Something like that."

"Well, have fun."

"Will do, Jonas." He turned back to his cousin. "Now, are you going to tell me what this is about or should we wait until senility kicks in...guess which one of us will reach that stage first."

Jaina glared at him. "Just get outside."

"Fine." Ben stopped in the doorway and looked at her. "Has anyone ever told you how bossy you can be? You're starting to sound like your mother."

His cousin glared at him once more; she was not baited so easily.

"Go."

"Fine, I'm going." He stepped outside onto the steps. "Now, what it is that..."

At the end of pedwalk out in front of the building, idled a red and white speeder, which gleamed brightly in the Coruscanti sun.

"What the?" He turned to meet his cousin's eyes. "What's going on?" His head then swung back to speeder-and he caught a glimpse of his father.

Luke approached Ben out of the corner of his eyes; it was if he'd been hiding, waiting for this moment.

"Dad?" Ben goggled.

"You were expecting someone else?" Luke asked.

"No, I mean, yes. I-uh...I don't know." He looked to the speeder again. "What's going on? I thought you said..."

"That you were getting what I paid for. I did." He placed a hand on the speeder. "The way I figured it, I'd probably get more money out of this one then the other. Costly repairs just aren't a good investment."

Ben tentatively walked forward.

"So, this is for real? You're not pulling my leg a second time right? This is actually happening?"

"Of course.." Luke said.

"And you haven't been upstairs all day, you've been at the speeder lot."

"I was in my room for most of the morning yes. I left while you were taking a nap..."

"I was not.."

"Ben, I think you're missing the point." His cousin pointed out. "Stop giving your dad the third degree. I think a few words
    are in order here."

"Like what?"

"Do I really have to spell it out for your, genius?"

Ben took on a confused look for a moment. "Oh, right." He muttered as it dawned on him then looked to Luke. "Dad...Well, uh..." He crossed the last few feet, hesitating for a moment, and then locked Luke in a warm embrace. "Thanks, Dad.
    Thanks a lot."

"Did you really think I'd get you that old clunker?" Luke responded, chuckling softly.

Father and son separated.

"Well...you really had me going for awhile." Ben shrugged. "What was I supposed to think?"

"I suppose if you really want, I can lecture you on how I got my first speeder."

Ben held out a hand. "Please don't. I just want to enjoy this."

"I'll save that for another time then." A grin appeared on his father's face.

"You do that..." Ben started to climb inside the speeder. "And while you do that, I'm taking this girl out for a test drive."

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D Loved the surprise, the pleasant surprise; Ben got a cool ride instead of a heap of junk and missed the lecture too [face_laugh]

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hey, pieces of junk are often underrated. Look at the Falcon.

Jade_eyes and immertreu like this.
  12. immertreu

Feb 4, 2012
    Right! But they weren't actually in the same room but talking on the holo net, if I remember correctly. As you said, I would have liked to see more.

Thanks for the update and for tagging me! Poor Ben, his father can be very sneaky sometimes. [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. I love seeing Luke as a stereotypical father.

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Jade_eyes: Everyone knows Luke loves to lecture..I think he lives for it.
    Hazel: That's what I thought when I wrote that..or re-read it.
    immertreu: Yes, he certainly is sneaky...like parents do often when you think you know them..they pull this.
    Briannakin: If you loved Luke as a stereotypical father, here's Mara as a stereotypical mom.
    "What have you done?" Mara Jade Skywalker exclaimed, wide-eyed.

Her son looked back her calmly. "It's not that bad."

"What have you done to your hair?" She repeated, as if she hadn't heard him.

Ben sighed. "I knew this would be your response."

There were very little things that caused Mara to become speechless, but the scene before her was an exception. Her son's locks were shorn from his head and lying haphazardly where they fell on the bath towel placed beneath his feet and in the sink.

"It's not that bad." Ben turned back to the mirror, examining his handy-work.

He touched his hair, ghosting his fingers over it. He had cut practically all his hair off, leaving only a bit left. It was a several steps above a buzz cut; shaved on the sides spiky on top.

"I think it looks good." He commented. "It's different."

"You cut off all your hair."

Ben rolled his eyes. "Not all," He touched his hair once more. "See."

To Mara Jade, there wasn't a big difference.

"Besides, you haven't seen the best part." He touched a specific spot on the back on his head where a bit of his hair had been gathered into a small pony-tail. "See. Neat huh?"

Mara was quiet for a moment then turned away from her son and called, "Luke! Come and see what your son has done to his hair!"

Ben sighed. Why did she have to blow this whole ordeal out of proportion? Why did she have to involve him? It was his hair, wasn't it?"

"Mom..." He groaned.

"Luke!" She called, ignoring Ben.

A muffled voice replied, "I'm coming."

She folded her arms over her chest. "Just wait till your father sees this."

He sighed again. "I don't know what you're spazing out about. It's just a haircut-and its my hair, Mom. I'm thirteen."

"Thirteen does not make you an adult. You are still an apprentice-and more importantly my son." Mara reached out, placing her hand on his head. "All that beautiful red-hair."

"The red-hair still here, Mom."

Luke finally entered the refresher.

"What is it?"

"Look, what he's done to his head."

Luke slid a glance at his offspring.

"What's wrong with it?" He asked, taking the role of the unconcerned father.

"He cut his hair."

"Mara...It's just hair. His hair."

"Hair he's had for thirteen years of his life and now he decides he wants to cut it."

"Mara, you're over-reacting."

"Don't go there."

Luke's shoulders sagged. He watched as his offspring bent down and picked up a braided strand of hair and started to attach it bellow the pony-tail.

"What is that?" He asked, interestedly.

"It's a padawan braid."

His father raised an eyebrow.

The youth's hands continued to work at it as he explained. "I read in the Old Order, that young apprentices would wear a braid like this one to signify their rank. Then when they achieved over the level of apprentice they would discard their braid." He finished it up and turned to face his parents. "The hair-style is basically the same concept."

"I see." His father said. "What made you decide to...do this?"

Ben shrugged. "I needed a change. Something to make me stand out. I figure that not to many young apprentices have hair styles like this."

"I see."

Ben rolled his eyes.

Mara turned to glare at her husband. When he didn't say a thing more she turned on her heel, brushing passed him.

"Completely useless." She hissed.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. Great entry. I had a similar experience when I cut all my hair off, only it was my grandfather doing the freaking out.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It is fun to experiment with one's hair.

17. immertreu

Feb 4, 2012
    And even more fun when it makes the parents/grandparents/siblings freak out. I remember my brother doing something similar. :cool:

I'm glad to see the Skywalkers can be like a normal family on a good day. If their son's hair is the only thing they're worried about... ;)

18. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    I loved the whole of 'Ben's first speeder' :p

The way Luke had him so disappointed with the old crappy one.. only to be surprised and thrilled with the latest model! Brilliantly played out!

The cousin interaction had me smiling! Nice writing..;)

And the last one with Ben's haircut.. How Mara is only one that sees the ridiculousness.. Oh priceless![face_laugh]

19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Briannakin, Hazel, immertreu: I never had an experience with hair myself but I did cut my dog's fur once...mom said he looked like an idiot. Any kind of hair changing always seems to cause parent's stress. but its all right if they decide for you *thinks back to the short haircut at 7* inreally hated that haircut

mayo_durron_666: Luke's not the Grand Master for nothing *winks* I liked the cousin part to...anyone where he's talking to Jaina is fun for me. (smiles) As for Mara...she's a mom...mom's tend to overreact..at least I think they do. mom probably think she doesn't.

Notes: This one-shot actually has two parts. I just totally forgot about the other part until now. *turns red* It's on my computer, I just have to finish it. But you'll have a few others to read until then. Also, I'm almost caught up with these one-shots for this thread.

@Jade_eyes, @Hazel, @immertreu, @Briannakin, mayo_durron_666
    Luke glanced over his shoulder to observe his son. Ben was lying on the floor, on his stomach, with a crayon in his hand. He was scribbling on a piece of filmsi humming to himself.

"Ben, time for lunch."

The five year old dropped his instrument and let out woop of joy. He bounded over to the table, and tried to climb onto a chair. Luke arrived just in time, plate in one hand, and bent down to help his son into the chair.

"There we go." He said, settling the boy in. He placed the plate in front of the boy. "Your favorite…

The boy's eyes went big. "Grilled runa cheese!" He shouted joyously and grabbed one half of the sandwich. It was cut diagonally just like Ben liked it!

Luke set down a glass of blue milk in front of the boy. His son was already wolfing down the half; he had an amazing appetite for a five year old.

"Mmmm."

"Ben, slow down. You'll choke." He pushed the milk toward him. "Have some milk."

Mara always said Ben ate like his father, but where they were different was the boy's love for the cursed blue milk Luke had drunk all his youth. He hated the stuff.

Still holding half of his sandwich, gooey melted cheesy touching his fingers; Ben picked up his glass of milk and downed a quarter of it.

"Ben. ."

"Hungry."

"Yes, but if you don't slow down, you'll get the hiccups."

The boy sighed and looked at his father.

"That's better." Luke retreated to the kitchen to fetch his own lunch and walked back to the table, seating himself beside his son. "When you're done,"
    He began. "We're going to meet your mother at the botanical gardens."

"Mommy?" Not Mom; Mommy.

Ben was still very attached to his mother and constantly referred to her juvenile terms. He supposed it had a lot to do with the war. It wasn't that he clung to Mara; on the contrary he was a very spirited and independent child.

"Mmmhmmm."

"Where'd she go?"

"She went out shopping with your aunt Leia, remember?"

"Mmm." Ben shook his head.

Luke sighed.

There were times, then again, where he partly regressed.

Ben went back to eating his lunch. He had started in on the other half of the grilled cheese.

"We gonna see reptiles there?"

"Most likely. We'll see all sorts of creatures."

"Good. I wanna see the reptiles. " He looked up to study his dad. "Can I have a pet lizard?"

Luke lifted a brow. "We'll talk about that later." He said dryly.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awww, loved the homeyness. :) I loved grilled cheese - it's really good if you use 2 slices of different flavors.

Happy about Leia and Mara out shopping ;) and looking forward to the jaunt at the gardens :D

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a really cute family moment. I see Ben takes after his cousin Jacen in his choice of pets.

Btw, my tag didn't work. :confused:

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. Very cute father/son moment.

My tag didn't work either for some reason.

23. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    :p Aww bless..
    Loved this father/son moment!:D

24. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    I've been catching up on these - wonderful.

I can relate to Ben's desire to see the reptiles. That was always my favorite too. So much so that I did end up with pet lizards (and snakes) as a kid...

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Jade_eyes: I always love homeyness. It's fun to do! It does indeed. Just you wait...I'll post it after a few more other posts.

Hazel: Thanks. He does indeed, it just seemed right. Stupid tag.

Briannakin: Stupid tag system..it only works half the time!

mayo_durron_666: They are cute together, I guess its the reason I write Luke/Ben so much.

Stone Jade: So glad you liked them! There's more on the way, soon I should be caught up. Hope to catch up with all my on-going threads so I won't have so many to post.

@Jade_eyes, Hazel, Briannakin, mayo_durron_666, Stone Jade

Note: This is Ben's first mission with his parents!
    Ben watched his dad from behind the family droid, R2-D2.

He watched with wide-eyed wonder. His father was getting ready to go on some important…what was the word. He pondered this. Mission, he thought. That was it, mission.

Ben wasn't sure what kind of mission it was, but he was intrigued by it.

R2 whistled.

"I dunno, Artoo" He mumbled.

He didn't know where his dad was going, but he knew it had to be somewhere interesting. After all, his dad was the Luke Skywalker. He was always on some important mission for the Alliance. He watched as Luke detached himself from the shuttle he was carrying supplies into and walked back to him.

"Hey, buddy." His dad said, crouching down. "You having fun with Artoo? Not giving him any trouble?"

"I guess…"

He smiled. "Well, that's something."

Ben frowned. "You're going 'way?"

"Just for a bit." Luke assured.

He spotted his mother. She was walking out of the shuttle, talking to an engineer. "Is mom going with?" His mom always went with his dad.

"She'll be back soon. We both will."

"I know."

Mara made her way over. "Something wrong?" She asked.

Luke stood up and faced his wife, casting a glance over his shoulder. "I think Ben's a little upset." He sighed.

Mara's eyes took on a melancholy look. "Maybe it's time we do what we discussed."

"You mean, take him with us?"

She nodded.

"I don't know, Mar…"

"Luke. We made a decision."

"Honey, we made that in time of war."

"Maybe." She looked to Ben. "I'd feel better if he was with us—and so would he. That war was hell on him, Luke. No child should have had to experience what he did. It's obvious he's still shaken up about the whole kriffin' thing."

Ben, all the while, was watching his parents talk quietly among themselves. He was curious and became frustrated not knowing what they were talking about.
    His dad glance at him then looked back at his mom.

"You're right."

"It's settled." Mara confirmed. "But if we do this, we're doing this right. We comm Lando and tell him we're ready for that special order he's had on hold."

"You want to do that or should I?"

"You go ahead. I'm going to talk to Ben." Mara responded.

Ben kept his eyes on his parents, watching as his dad headed away. He frowned at this. His mom stayed with him, however. She eyed him, smiling prettily. Ben always thought his mom was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. He thought it had a lot to do with her red-gold hair.

He got his from her.

"Hey, Baby." His mom said, taking a seat on the ground.

"Hi, Mom." He was leaning against R2.

"Something you want to tell me?" She prodded gently.

"Umm.." Ben looked aside. He wanted his mom to stay, but he knew her job was important.

"Is this about me going away?"

He nodded slowly.

"Well, Baby…Your dad and I have good news." She reached out a hand, urging for him to come to her.

Ben looked at her hand and hesitantly detached from the droid. She grasped his hand and smiled.

"How would you like, to go with your dad and me this time?"

Ben's eye widened.

"Really?"

"Mmmhmmm." His mom's face became serious. "But," She held up a finger. "You have to listen to dad and I, okay. You have to, Ben. Or we can't take you with us."

Ben was silent.

"Ben…"

"All right. I will." He promised fiercely.

"Good." His mom opened her arms wide. "Now, give Mommy a big hug."

The little boy dove into his mother's arms, content to be wrapped in her embrace. He didn't care if it made him look like a baby. The important thing was, he was now going to get to go on all the exciting missions like his mom and dad.

True, he wouldn't be able to do anything astral, but it was better than sitting around the academy like a baby.

"Now, all we have to do is wait for your nana to arrive." His mom announced, separating from him.

Ben frowned. Nana? Who was Nana?

mayo_durron_666 and Jade_eyes like this.