main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Coric You don't happen to be the the SWTOR Asia Pacific server do you? Because there's someone called Coric on there.

2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The editing process begins!

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Dang, I'm taking a tiny break from SWTOR because kiddo - who wanted to create a Twi'lek Jedi knight character for himself - decided to go for a shower in the middle of the process. I would like to play but I'm stuck with this anemic green-skinned girly staring at me from the character creation screen...

By the way, we made some progress with our SW roleplaying family campaign. I'm used to GMing campaigns with players who play sneaky, backstabbing and cynical characters, which is why my son and his padawan character manage to surprise me time and time again with their... purity of heart. And their gullibility (is that a word at all?).
    I *so* need to hold my horses when playing NPCs; when we continued playing two days ago, I noticed that sonny's padawan character really bought every little bit of junk the clone lieutenant who accompanied them told her. This -naturally?-led to said NPC having an Iznogoud moment later on, straight after his superior had cratered somewhere in the jungle of the planet they had stranded on ...

Padawan Lina (staring at the site of impact): Uhhh ...that's gross. And I can't even think of anything nice to say about the Captain. Skeet, would you kindly ...?
    Lt. Skeet: As you wish, Commander. - Men, we have congregated around this crater in commemoration of our Captain. He was a brilliant tactician who ruled his company with an iron fist. Let's think of all the great moments we had with him ... (counts two two and turns toward the padawan) Okay, that's it. Can I be Captain now?
    Padawan Lina: Uhhh ... sure, why not?
    (The other players stare at her)
    Well, I think Skeet has a bad influence on her. I need to run him over with a bus some day.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell yes.

I ****ing hate Daylight Savings Time. It's a misnomer anyway, the amount of daylight is the same and I'd rather the sun come up earlier and go down earlier.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hahaha, our clocks don't go forward until the 31st of March.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There's another reason I like the UK.

Here the "springing forward" didn't happen until mid-April until sometime in the late 80s when Reagan moved it back two weeks, then Bush 43 moved it back another two weeks.

***holes.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So, your presidents have control over the weather?

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, supposedly Bush 43 was responsible for Hurricane Katrina...

Nah. I'm not at all a fan but even I don't believe that.

The springing forward and falling backward dates are set by Congress and signed by the Presidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_the_United_States

"In 1986 Congress enacted P.L. 99-359, amending the Uniform Time Act by changing the beginning of DST to the first Sunday in April and having the end remain the last Sunday in October.[3] These start and end dates were in effect from 1987 to 2006. The time was adjusted at 2:00 a.m. (0200) local time."

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You could always move to Arizona where the time change is not observed.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've considered it. Except that it's hotter and more politically conservative than North Carolina. :p

Washington State needs to stop observing the time change...

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You could always be like a hermit out in the desert in that state. =b

Why does that sound familiar?

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Nobody wants the time change. Or rather, I know of nobody who does actively promote or even like it .. no real person, that is.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And congrats Akash! Still waiting for my signed copies.

I certainly don't promote losing an hour of sleep, or an hour of Toonami.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh! I was like, "wha- huh?" but now I remembered Akash is legit writing a book series. So yeah, congrats! And remember, when your series is wicked famous, the fanboys will scour your book for spelling errors so be extra careful with the editing process. And never say in interviews that the final printing would often be your first draft. coughcouchChristieGoldencoughcough

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Just think of all the horrible fan fiction people will write. I promise somehow I'll create a Sailor Moon crossover with it AkashKedavra_93. =b

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I promote gaining an hour of sleep for one day of the year though. Think of the positives! :p

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks for the wishes everyone! I'll make sure I double-check the spelling errors!

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So, what's the premise of your books? What makes them interesting and original enough to warrant reading? How are they different from other books in the genre? Why should I go out and purchase copies? Convince me to part with my money.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Listening to Richard Bastion, talking about family values. =b

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    The Tsarskís® have ruled Fihyyynia® for centuries, their power unparalleled. A true Ptolemaic family, the Tsarskís have killed each other brutally, ruthlessly, for power – age, sex, relationship – nothing mattered. The betrayal wasn’t surprising – it was damning. But the Tsarskís became complacent – and this time, the bloodbath crashes well outside the walls. The slave, the empress, the thief, the princess, the orphan, the scientist, and the warrior – each one has an army behind them and the bloodbath will become the biggest war the world has ever seen. A complex story that takes many unexpected twists and turns, The Chronicles of the Emperor® betrays the conventions of storytelling and brings together the ethereal realms of mythology, the boundless imagination of medieval fantasy, and the darkness of modern-day warfare. This is a story that merely is not encased within the bounds of a cover, over when closed. The characters, the plot, and action will bring you back again and again.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Are there any dragons?

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, there are quite a few dragons.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Are there any Orks, Gnomes/Dwarfs or Trolls?

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.