main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Watto I'm a big Doctor Who fan, you can count on me to correct people on that who may not be too familiar with the production schedule/airing wise :p I hope you are enjoying what you are watching though!

With the Doctor Who specials airing them the way they did was to have it spaced out throughout the year so it still had a presence but so it wasn't oversaturating the market. The first special (aired at Easter) was rushed to get it finished on time and suffered in quality because of that (IMO) whereas the other specials that aired that year had a lot more thought and work put into them and they are much better for it. They had a lot more time and effort to work on those and a longer lead in time too, much like TCW do.

But you are right that TCW could do more of them - they have such a big lead time to. Some of the stories may not work as longer running movies though - it all depends on what the TCW team have been working on. If that is what we end up getting I'll be happy... as long as its new and its still accessible then I'll be happy with whatever happens with the show. :)

V-2 and Watto like this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    hlc88 I started at Eccleston and have made it halfway through Matt Smith's first season. Needless to say a very fun experience that keeps me coming back. I do appreciate some of that fun, too many shows take themselves too seriously, granted the Doctor does have intense moments also. (Dare I go back and watch the really old Doctors from 60s-80s?)

To take it back to TCW, Filoni did mention in the IGN interview that his wife got him really into Who which is when he reached out to Tennant to play Huyang. If we are lucky to get more Clone Wars for a while perhaps we'll see some influences from Who episodes...

3. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Watto It's a good show and its nice it balances both sides well with intense and fun moments. I would recommend you go back and watch some of the really old Doctors from the 60's-80's. If you want some recommendations, PM me. :)

Back on topic... I wouldn't be surprised if any references pop up if TCW continues which my impression is it will continue... in some form. We'll have to wait and see. :)

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Start with Hartnell and go through the whole lot!

Maybe TCW fans shouldn't make a protest song though...

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think the reason people take Jimmy Mac's facebook posts more seriously are because he seems so chummy with the powers that be like Dave in interviews. I recall on Forcecaast he talked about a road trip with the Midnight Cowboy. Wouldn't surprise me if The Guardian article was written by a listener of his. That's pretty cool how connected this fandom is I have to say. I also have to say the DEFCON 1 thing is a little irresponsible. Its baffling given the recent IGN article when Filoni seemed to be laughing off the question of if we'd see more soon like its a safe bet, he sees cool stuff everyday.

Let me say that this is not my first time to the rodeo. Funnily enough with another fandom dear to my heart that was in a very similar situation with a Disney buyout. It was a tiny part of what Disney got with the deal and not something Disney had wanted from it or really knew what to do with. There are two podcasters associated with that franchise generally considered to be within the know who were driving home doomsday prophecies. It was generally assumed our show would be canned. To the point where a season was written to be the end and Disney surprised us by continuing the show. Actually that's never been confirmed that an ending was written or that the show was ever in that much danger by anybody who actually works on the show. That's just what these two podcasters say and for the record they tend of have far more of a god complex than either Jimmy or Jason. I can't imagine either of them not condoning something like a hoax regarding fake movie that never existed that later become canonized by their writer buddy.

Having been through this before. I do take each bit of new info with a grain of salt although I am excitable by my nature and eager as anyone get more info on when and where new TCW will appear. I have no doubt we'll get to see the episodes that have been completed somewhere. They may become the 24 lost episodes of TCW for a while but we'd get to see them eventually. This campaign to more about flag waiving than anything else. Its about expressing our fandom. To show we are not complacent passengers. We are showing support for the show so the next two seasons don't get lost for a while and making some noise so TCW has a chance to wrap up. I for one atleast want to see an ending of some sort that ties up all the loose ends.

I don't remember if the other fandom I mentioned sent any letter in. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have bothered because they knew they were absolutely irrelevant to any decision because that show is not made for them (or me). However there are other shows that have been resurrected from full on cancellation like this. Imagine of the Clerks Animation show had a fandom so large behind it? I don't believe TCW will get cancelled. Perhaps we will learn we're heading for Disney XD, back to Cartoon Network, and a Netflix series (Do not want). I will be overjoyed to realize I wasted 25 minutes typing letters up, printing them, walking them out to my mail box, and then I gotta raise the put the damn flag up.

6. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Do yourselves a favor. Ignore the blogs, the facebook, the twitter posts and all that drivel on this. They don't know. They pretend they know, they think they know, they make educated guess because they're paid or expected to make educated guesses but they don't know. Ignore that drivel until an official announcement is made.

And no, it won't be cancelled. Disney bought Star Wars to make money. The Clone Wars is popular and makes money. It's gotten more viewership as the show has gone on. Why buy a property and then axe something on it that makes money? I have yet to see anyone offer a reason why this would happen. The show will be fine. Disney is a VERY smart company...they don't make dumb decisions like that.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't see it as a waste of time to express your fandom about the show to those who are making the decisions. Especially when it doesn't take much time to speak up. Best case they will take notice and put some resources to assuring TCW longevity. Worst case they ignore us and we can say we tried.

I see it as a far greater waste of time to continually discourage fans from speaking up about their appreciation of a great show.

8. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Yep.. just read that article I'll look forward to the unaired episodes appearing on the DVD for season 5.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

A dark day this is for Star Wars, though one that will probably not be remembered well. I understand the reasoning behind it though, all attention MUST be devoted to the sequels. But if this is true, The Clone Wars has been cancelled as a television show.

They better not just abandon all the work they've done for Season 6 and just leave the fate of Maul/Ahsoka to the comics.

11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I would suggest waiting hearing official word before you all start panicking...

V-2 and QuangoFett like this.
  12. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    We'll see. But again we shouldn't make to big of a deal about it until official announcements are made. This is just another fan site you linked to. And again it another one of those situations that they say they have sources but fail to say what those sources are.

V-2 and QuangoFett like this.
  13. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I agree with that, however it does line up with the idea that there would be an announcement tomorrow regarding the future of the show.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    What will you do if the official announcement is made and that's what we get? Shows over...

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Continue with my life as normal. Occasionally come by here to laugh at you all.

eht13, V-2 and Coric like this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    But it doesn't tie in with what Filoni and Eckstein have said recently... And those interviews would have been done in the last couple of days alone.

If the show has been cancelled why would Filoni be excited about sharing the details of future episodes? It makes no sense!

IGN: There are so many questions, obviously, about the future of the show, but back last summer at Celebration, you talked about work being done on Season 6. We know that there are completed episodes that we haven’t seen. Might we get an announcement one way or the other about when and where we’ll be seeing that, any time soon?
    Filoni: [Laughs] Well, that’s the interesting part, this wait-and-see thing, I know, for fans. But there are more stories to tell, and as I’ve said, we’ve been working on them for awhile. I’ll be excited when we can share more details with you about that, but at this point, there isn’t really much I can say. Unfortunately, that’s all I can say. Sadly, for you guys. [Laughs] I see cool stuff every day… it’s totally unfair!
    IGN: That’s very encouraging, because there are some more extreme rumors saying, “The show is over!” But I kept thinking, “But they’ve been making episodes, so that can’t be the case!”
    Filoni: Right? Always in motion is the future. This is where I can be very vague and quizzical. [Laughs]

V-2 likes this.
  17. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, being cancelled could mean it won't air on TV, but could air on other platforms such as Blu-Ray/online/Netflix.

18. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Unfortunately as expected. Hope all the naysayers and people saying ignore this realize they were super 100% dead wrong. I really get the feeling we are going to be force fed nothing but OT nostalgia until Ep7, I was as excited for more Clone Wars as I was the movies. Horrible news.

19. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I know there is a good chance that Clone Wars may be cancelled. I guess I'm just having hard time believing that with Lucas involved, that they would cancel the series before having the proper time to wrap up the series.

20. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Again wait until official announcements come out before you make such a hugbug about it. The people at these fan sites like to think they know more than they actually do. In anycase even if they don't air it on a network chances are slim that they will not release the rest of the series to fans. So you will be able to see the episodes anyway.

V-2 likes this.
  21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    omg. we said ignore this now TCW is ending. it's all our fault.....!!!!!!!

eht13, V-2 and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  22. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Go through the next 2 years with hype up to my eyeballs about Episode VII probably.

eht13 and V-2 like this.
  23. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    It sucks to be wrong, I know.

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Funny. I haven't seen people blaming others here for something that hasn't actually been confirmed by a reputable source yet. ;)

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.