main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure what Padme did by just trading Grievous back for Anakin on her own accord would be considered treason myself. I'm pretty sure a clone would punch her out. I'm going to guess that the whole incident was somehow just swept under the rug by the Gungans, Padme, and even Anakin. It couldn't be more obvious they are something like a Hollywood scandal. Lies were told and no one besides them will even know. The Separatist's style doesn't seem to be blackmail, probably because this particular plan made no sense. Yeah, it still amuses me with the assumption that all aliens look alike. Really?

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In retrospect, I completely agree with this. I didn't think all that much on the episode when it first aired, but now I'm coming to realize just how utterly ridiculous it actually was. And with all the plots they had/have to work with, such as the aforementioned Mandalorians, why do they keep wasting time on Naboo? Naboo got a bad rap when the PT came out; you'd think the show's producers would want to avoid it, unless they had a phenomenal plot in mind. But every plot on Naboo thus far as been sort of a filler -- how many people watching the show want to relive TPM? The silly Gungan antics? The boring Naboo politics? I'd much rather they had given us more stories about the Death Watch plot, which I can't help but feel was put on the back burner for far too long.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Crisis On Naboo wasn't bad at all, in my view. It is possible to do a good Naboo story. Their use in the Mon Cal trilogy was a decent example of how to portray Gungans in TCW.

InterestingLurker and cwustudent like this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think its more like how a planet is used than how many times its used. Naboo has been used poorly like twice and well like once. Vs. Felucia which has appeared a few times and been used for fairly cool episodes each time.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't mind their showing Naboo as it is where Palpatine and Padme are both from.

And I really liked Crisis on Naboo.

That said, I don't think they should use Naboo for the sake of shoehorning Padme into a story line when the same story line could easily be used with a different character and different planet. See: Blue Shadow Virus.

QuangoFett and TaradosGon like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That wasn't really racist, Jar Jar and Lyonie's animation models were almost identical. :p

I like to think it lampshades the fact that we tend to see one member of a species and then every member of the species tends to look the same and have the same job/role.

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If you want to talk about reusing a planet, we may as well as talk Mustafar and the love of Lava by the writers.

We go back there in S2 with Anakin talking about sensing the darkside, they may as well have bought Obi-wan along to tell him to he is his brother and loves him :rolleyes:
    Oh wait they actually all but did that in Mortis, Anakin has his vision and goes dark where, well where else but by Lava (Mustafar under another name) of course with Obi-wan popping up as well.
    Then in the Citadel trilogy they spend most of it walking along, well where else but along the Lava banks of Mustafar planet

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    On a related note, I enjoyed the physical depiction of Lola Sayu as a cracked planet. I regard it as one of the most fascinating planets in sci fi, along with the Klingon moon Praxis in Star Trek. Likely symbolic of the Citadel's role in "breaking" prisoners. But yeah, the lava motif seems to be frequent throughout the show where Anakin is concerned.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm forced to pull examples from real animals so this is gonna be rough. Individuals of animal species do not look as similar to one another as we often think. They do not all have the same roles when your talking about animals that live in groups. Lions. Individual lions for example always have a unique pattern of spots on their whisker pads Their tail tufts are unique. The spots on their undersides retained from cubhood are unique. Male's manes are unique. Experts in the field learn to tell them apart by sight easily. Did you know lionesses sometimes grow manes? Different lionesses specialize in different rolls during hunts rather than all having the same role. Some lioness are the 'wings'. The ones that stalk and chase prey. Some are 'centers' who tend to be the ones who jump out and pull down prey. Some are jacks of all trades. With really big animals its often only a few lions that master the 'kiss of death', learning how to suffocate prey to the ground by the muzzle. I think its silly to assume all Gungans are the same just because they look similar to someone like Padme.

That doesn't bother me to much. Honestly hellish planets that are practically melting and ice balls like Hoth would probably be the most common types of planets out there based on extrasolar planets found IRL. Planets like Naboo should be fairly rare.

10. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    And that is just with the terrestrial planets. Many of the exo-planets discovered have been gas giants, in part probably because they exert a stronger gravitational pull on their stars. Interestingly, some of these gas giants have been "hot Jupiters", orbiting fairly close to their stars and being hot like hell as a result.

[​IMG]

This would be an interesting setting for a Clone Wars battle. Imagine the environmental hazards. It's a good thing Ahsoka is no longer with the Jedi Order...

Circular_Logic and Seerow like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Most planets discovered are the 'Hot-Jupiter'. They are detected either by the wobble place on their parent stars or by monitoring stars for dimming when a planet passes around it. The later method is more effective for the growing number of terrestrial planets being discovered. I personally would like to see more of the darkside of space. I'd love to see a close call with a blackhole or a Wolff-Rayet star bombarding the fleet with intense solar winds. See a solar system filled with tons of dust or a hostile host star like Vega or super-giant Deneb.

12. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Beyond the nebula in S1, there hasn't been much use of space phenomena in TCW. Its settings are largely a collection of habitable planets and moons. Granted, that's the way things are in the films as well, but it is possible to do something different and the films have done this at times. In AOTC, Geonosis' planetary rings were used for dramatic effect. In ROTS, one of the most pivotal scenes takes place on an asteroid colony.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The last space phenomenon was the ice field in Void. I wondered if that planet didn't have a set of planetary rings myself, icy like Saturn's. Perhaps this all just come back to the distinct lack of space battles. I guess something like a big super giant would just be a background without much going on in story.Space colonies would be cool to see as well. Lets see one get threatened to get dropped from orbit onto a planet.

14. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Perhaps show the Venusian landscape of that planet to raise the stakes.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was actually thinking colony get dropped ontop an ares of a heavily populated planet G Gundam style. But Venusian would be cool. Might even use a Gas Giant like Jupiter. Crushed like a can.

16. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    If you're going to go that hot why not go all the way and have a society living in a star's atmosphere? :)

17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's being discussed in the Petition To Save TCW thread.

Kualan likes this.
  19. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Ah, muchos gracias.

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I hadn't even thought about that, but that's very true. Rewatching "Mystery of 1,000 Moons", I was surprised to realize how much I liked the environment around Iego. You get lots of debris in the background when they're in orbit and somehow it seems more interesting than the field in the first Malevolence episode. I wish we did get a few more diverse space environments, if only to shake things up visually.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would not mind a Ship graveyard or something.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  23. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Yes, "winding down". Which I guess means we get to see what's already been produced before it officially comes to an end.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That means the show IS getting cancelled... and will just be finishing up the storyline in a not-on-TV medium.

25. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    The former is true. The latter we don't know yet.