main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cad Bane does he contradict the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fett 4, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Interesting. But if the EU contradicts Cad Bane, which one has higher cannon status? Does Cad Bane contradict TCW as well?

Starkeiller likes this.
  2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >This ****ing thread is still open

[​IMG]

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cad Bane does he contradict emotive gifs and anime images.

4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Your hatred of all things good and fun is duely noted ESG.

Though I do understand, since you are, after all, tragically forced to keep reading this thread.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    USE YOUR WORDS.

7. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay, I'm tired of this, as I already made clear. Either post an original thought or stay quiet. If you want to contribute solely through crappy gifs, reaction images that fail to display clearly comprehensible emotions, and generic expressions of contempt for TCW, take it somewhere else, because I've had enough of the spam.

Starkeiller likes this.
  8. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    For the record.... yes. Yes, I do.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Thank you, peanut gallery.

No he doesn't contradict EU, but I agree that this thread has gone on way too long.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Not anymore you don't.

Starkeiller and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

Starkeiller and Robimus like this.
  12. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Jokes aside, I'd be happy if TCW does end. For the most part it's been a mixed bag of some interesting episodes alongside of some really terrible ones.

With that said...

It's time for TCW to be replaced with... the Cad Bane Show.

"I'm in control. I make the rules now!"

Five seasons or more of wondering if he's really a Duros from Duro and if he contradicts the EU. There he can kill Oppo Rancisis, Quinlan Vos, Sora Bulq, Bail Organa, and plenty of folks! Then you can see Jason Fry and others try to retcon all the deaths with new versions of the characters. Oppo the Younger! Bail the Younger Who Still Gets Blown Up On Alderaan!

It'd be hilarity in the making.

Starkeiller and Random Comments like this.
  13. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Wait, wait, wait, nobody picked up the username "Cad Bane" until today? :p

14. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    I was surprised by that fact, too! [face_laugh]

I usually lurk around here and was bored. Thus now you have a Cad Bane in your midst. Contradicting your EU.

15. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If you would like to discuss the issue, I welcome your PM.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  16. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    I'd like to apologize to the mods in advance for doing this if I'm doing anything wrong or overstepping any boundaries. Ya, I know I'm new here but...

[​IMG]

C'mon. What's so wrong with one silly thread out of the numerous serious ones here?

Starkeiller likes this.
  17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    See here is the thing, as I see it.

The thread is about mocking the user who created it by continually yucking it up about his lack of knowledge about Cad Bane. Its not about Cad Bane himself, its not a thread that was started as a joke by another user here who knew what he was posting was suppost to be funny(best as I can tell).

This fett4 fellow forever looks foolish, and keeps getting his error shoved back in his face.

Yes, a lot of people are just having fun, but that fun is coming at the expense of another user here, and that is noramlly something that is frowned upon on TF.N.

Esg likes this.
  18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    To be fair, that was a good one. I miss Ed, Edd, & Eddy. :(

I've been tired of this thread for quite some time, but I have a very difficult time seeing this thread as anything even remotely resembling malicious in nature. When a meme starts, it may begin as mockery, but quickly gains a life of its own; they're like viruses. The original post is silly, and the silliness is still continuing, but no one comes to this thread with the intention of mocking anyone (why we continue to come to this thread, on the other hand, is a very good question :p)

If Fett4 is clearly offended, then I agree we should go ahead and stop. But frankly, as far as memes go, this is one of the more good natured ones.

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I don't think anyone intends to make fun of anybody. The joke is that the first two responses happened to be identical, Ulicus deliberately made an identical response to push it into the territory of joke/meme, and the joke has just kept growing precisely because of how dumb and meaningless it is. The OP could have been the most eloquent essay ever written; it would still be the same meme.

20. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Dammit, I was going to say something similar but the two of you beat me to it. In my best whiny Anakin voice I can only say this: I haaaaaaaaaate youuuuuuuuuuu!

Because of this, I am totally contradicting your EUs. Big time.

21. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This thread has brought a smile to my lips every time since it started. And I don't think fett 4 looks foolish at all - we others do! ( Actually, fett4 clearly is a smart guy - he and I agree about a lot of things, I've noticed ;) ) Let it die quietly of old age like other threads do.

Besides, I now stand baffled as I realize Cad Bane is a Jedi Youngling!

22. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I challenge the pro - writers to use the sentence "he's duros" in a book or comic!

23. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The US constitution......Does it contradict the EU

No because they aren't even related.

I have killed the thread.

There really is nothing else to discuss in this thread other than He's Duros

I think that maybe a thread on each board specifically for jokes would be kinda good, so we don't get events like this.

Though the occasional joke on a thread doesn't hurt anyone.

Starkeiller likes this.
  24. General_Un-Co

General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2010
    This thread got to serious all of a sudden so back on topic:

Has Disney cancelled TCW to protect the EU from Cad Bane? The timing seems correct.

25. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    For now! Eventually I'll be a Jedi Knight! Unless my lazy nature kicks in and I stop posting.