main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    A TCW cancellation would be a great birthday present.

Bwah ha ha ha haaaaa I live to see you all suffer!

/sub-forum

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It's being talked about in the "Save the Clone Wars petition"

I think we should save jumping threads until an announcement is made, which apparently will be sometime Monday - Tuesday.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Game over, man. Game over.

4. JTShiro

JTShiro Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Not gonna get too angry about this until it's confirmed. If it is true, a few questions are gonna be raised: Why string this decision along until now? What happens to all of the work done on season 6 so far and the few episodes cut from season 5? Was it a content issue for Disney XD? It was fairly popular for an animated show, why cancel a known commodity?

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thank goodness there's another thread about this.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I will merge this with the Petition thread. Please hold on to the bars. Thank you.

And I know this is some big news but lets try and keep this thread relatively on topic with the Petition and discussing the fate of TCW.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Maybe that's why they pulled back the Clovis arc to use as leverage for a season 6. If there's already an entire season produced, it would seem silly not to release it in some format. Eckstein says she's not allowed to say anything yet, and Filoni talks about all the cool stuff he's still working on.

11. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    There are more trolls in this thread than the last LOTR movie.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if its possible Filoni is already working on something else when he says, "cool stuff".

rumblewagon likes this.
  14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Let me guess, something Ahsoka related.

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well I imagine TFN main page isn't saying much about it since Jimmy did leave forcecast for RFR. With that said, I know without the pull of some at TF.N TCW people would not have come to the TF.N party at c5 or c6. It is possible that Jimmy developed close relationships with people inside of TCW due to his time on the fc. So he might know something we don't.

That said, I know a lot of talk at c6 was around what would happen with TCW after this season. No one really seemed to have the answer at that point. Just speculation.

The big question now is what will Disney do. I'll wait and see what the big announcement is. I'm sure that announcement will be it's not coming back to Cartoon Network. With no news where it will be placed yet. If and when Disney decides to drop it, that's when I'll start worrying about calling and writing letters. These things work best after a show's been canceled not before. Right now, everything will be ignored. Plus Disney isn't going to be concerned with us just yet. They are not going to care till the show has been pulled off the air.

There is also the issue of who has the rights to Clone Wars. Because as of right now Warner Brothers has the distributing rights to Clone Wars. So Disney might be a bit shy on releasing any information till the sell of LFL is finished and then they can focus on who has the rights to what.

Sorry for such a all over the place post. Google searching to back up what I was saying and the such.

rumblewagon likes this.
  16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If TCW keeps going after we lose Young Justice and Green Lantern, I gotta admit... :mad:

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    People will cry and complain but I'm sure Disney would ignore them. Per their recent actions, I'm sure they want to fully concentrate on Episode 7 and the future.

18. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    A post Jedi show? There will be animated Star Wars on TV one way or another to attract kids too young for the movies. I'm just afraid it's going to be the cheapo crappy Disney variety from now on.

Hank Hill likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah. It probably is the expense that works against TCW more than anything.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As I mentioned earlier, I'd like another show. I just don't want Filoni working on it.

Hopefully his "cool stuff" is...elsewhere. Let him stick to animation instead of storytelling.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wondering if Filoni is going to stay for the long haul. Will they move him to another SW TV project, will he move to something else not SW related but still under the Disney umbrella like a Marvel show? He implied a Bo-Katan/Satine back story that will exist in another media format (novel or comic?) Would he write that or just pass along an outline? Or will he just move on to something else entirely and find employment elsewhere.

As for the "cool stuff" he's working on. It could simply be touching up final episodes if they do something like give TCW a short half-season to wrap itself up, or if TCW jumps ship like Smallville did to a different format. LucasFilm is still holding his paycheck, so it's not like he's going to start flipping out and speaking ill of Disney or LFL, if TCW is being cancelled.

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Live-action Jedi sitcom. Teenage actors. [face_sick]

V-2 likes this.
  23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm not going to say a petition won't work or calls or mailing the studio millions of Rex Action figures to demand their Clone Wars be brought back. Because I have seen it work. I'm a die-hard Community fan, and I know if we hadn't fought as hard and done half the stuff we did last year, my show would not be back on the air this year. However nothing was effective until the show was confirmed to be on the chopping block. It wasn't officially canceled but NBC didn't deny that it wasn't a possibility. Same thing worked with the show Jericho. I never really watched it but their fans sent lots and lots of peanuts and got their show uncanceled and renewed.

credar, JTShiro and rumblewagon like this.
  24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    TCW sure has its flaws (canon contradictions being one), but its still a great show, and i enjoyed most of season 5. I think this show at least deserves another full season. There are still several plot lines that need a conclusion.

If this is the end of TCW, i would hate to see it go, though it contradicted some aspects of C-canon, i still think over all, it was a good addition to the EU. And because of TCW, im sure the star wars franchise got many new people to become EU fans.

Though if TCW does end at season 5, i think there should be another animated star wars show to replace it, and if the live action tv series is never going to happen, i think an animated dark times show would be great.

edit: And if Ahsoka is in this hypothetical show, they could use that to show how she survived Order 66, without making a season 6 of TCW (perhaps through flashbacks). Or Order 66 could have killed her, i just want to see her fate still revealed somehow if TCW ends. Perhaps through a comic/book?

fett 4, HEDGESMFG and rumblewagon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.