main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well. I got my letters saved and I can resend them again when needed.

JasonW likes this.
  2. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I don't think we know how good we had it with Lucas paying for this and even Detours out of his pocket. just the quality of the animation and all the little critters and details all = $ I doubt Disney will ever put that kind of money into animated Star Wars again unfortunately now there are shareholders to answer to.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its the old saying, "You never truly appreciate what you had until its gone."

credar, rezpen and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I like how everybody blames Disney now instead of Lucas. :p

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure Lucas likes that too.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, I don't get the Disney Channel right now so maybe I've missed something, but...Lucas sold Pixar to Disney, and Pixar and Lucasfilm Animation are pretty closely affiliated, right?

I wouldn't think that Disney would avoid making animated Star Wars, I would think the opposite. I'd be more concerned about an overabundance of it.

V-2 likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL total deja vu. First things were better under Disney, then everything was better under Saban Lucas. .

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They founded Pixar I think.

9. JTShiro

JTShiro Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Filoni said the Clovis arc got pulled because of scheduling issues with Cartoon Network, but I do think it would be bizarre if they have a significant part of season 6 done and Disney locks it up for no one to see

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, you know that vault they have.

I had been all upset about not seeing the Clovis arc and now I just don't care anymore.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not even sure how much of it is Disney's fault. Granted I don't know much about business, but LucasFilm still exists as an entity with Kathleen Kennedy in control. It's not like Disney is going to micromanage every last thing that LFL does. It's Kennedy and Lucas that are meeting with Abrams about Episode VII, etc. Not Bob Iger.

Kennedy has accountability to Disney for the financial success of LFL, but I don't think Iger is looking over her shoulder in everything she does. She might be the one responsible, or maybe "Disney" is as people assume, or maybe Lucas wanted it to wrap up without his further involvement. Who knows? I can't point the finger because I don't even know if TCW is ending, but if it is, I still wouldn't know enough about the infrastructure of the corporations to know who has the authority to pull the plug, and who actually did. It could simply be something like actors being released from their contracts and not wanting to come back. If that were the case for enough of them, they perhaps threw in the towel. I mean shows like Futurama and Simpsons are sometimes in limbo over the cast returning/not returning. It's not like they would recast Homer, Marge, Bart, or Lisa. If Matt Lanter and Dee Baker decided "you know what, I don't want to do this show anymore" would it go on? They are by no means obligated to do it if their contracts expire.

Still, if it comes down to immediate cancellation or dragging the show out til 2015 or beyond, I choose cancellation. But ideally, I would have given it another season, even if it's just a limited half season. There aren't that many loose ends. Maul, Rex, Asajj, and Talzin can all be wrapped up. As for Ahsoka's "ultimate fate," why does it have to be any more "ultimate" than just walking away from the Jedi Order?

rumblewagon and V-2 like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Besides Nika as Ventress, Best as Jar Jar and Daniels as 3PO, there's no one in the TCW voice cast who isn't utterly replaceable.

No, I'm not forgetting anyone.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    You really want someone other than Jim Cummings voicing Hondo?: Or would you just let that character go off into the sweet night?

credar and Seerow like this.
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I would have said Ian Abercrombie was irreplaceable. He did a damn good job and Tim Curry is (or do I say was?) ill suited to replace him. The only one I know of that could do a better job is if they got McDiarmid himself.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hasn't Hondo outgrown his usefulness by now?

*shrugs* Probably for another thread...

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm semi-speechless

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And I think I'm in trouble...

*ducks*

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    That was the point I was making, but yeah, spell it out why don't you. ;)

19. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Given the state of Disney XD they would never do a 10-12 episode run. Not the nature of that network. I suspect something like a direct to disc mini series set with a feature length conclusion would make more sense using the Disney model.

The only exception I could see is if Disney buys the syndication rights for Seasons 1-5 and include these 12 episodes in the run.

Yancy

20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011

KED12345 likes this.
  21. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The official Holocron order for episodes have slowly been released over the past few months. Maybe they are planning on using that order if they end up syndicating the first 5 seasons and then include Season 6 at the end of the re-airing of all the episodes.

22. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I have entertained the thought. Which is why I was wondering if perhaps CT had as well.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Well, you have the added fact that Abercrombie is dead, I guess Tim Curry was just free or realy wanted the part. Still if TCW is canned outright, Abercrombie did the voice for Palpatine in every single episode but one, solid for me.

24. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm well aware of the fact that he's dead, that has nothing to do with the idea that he had some pretty big shoes to fill and Tim Curry doesn't come close IMO.

25. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The main Disney Channel focuses on teen shows after 1 pm till sometime over night. From about 6 am I think till 1 pm they focus on the Disney Jr. shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Enstiens. So for the most part if you are not a pre-teen girl or a preschooler there isn't a lot on Disney Channel for you. Now if you spend the money and get Disney XD and some of the other premium Disney channels they show old school X-Men and Spider-man shows among some older favorites like Darkwing Duck. Which if Disney does pick up Clone Wars it will likely go on Disney XD or put onto ABC's Saturday Morning line up. Disney XD presents a problem because it means a lot of fans buying an extra service that they probably won't. They'll just wait for the DVD's to come out. The logical route would be to go with ABC Saturday Morning which would also open it up to more people who may not have access to Cartoon Network or don't normally watch it.

rumblewagon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.