main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    If the rumors are true, I hope for something bad to happen to Episode VII. Two years to go, eh? So much could happen to a company in two years. Where's DA2's Anders when you need him?

KenobiSkywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well, its a tough pill to swallow if the decision has actually been made to not air another season. As others have said, we will have to wait for official confirmation, but I've come to terms with the fact that it may be inevitable. I will however still send more letters and participate in online activity to let the decision makers know I still want the show to continue.

Something else to share from Danny Keller who directed many episodes including the FANTASTIC "the Jedi Who Knew Too Much"... he posted a link from his Facebook page on February 15th to the Season 5 finale trailer with the following comments:
    "Every department, from the script, to design, sets, story, voice acting, animation and lighting, went above and beyond and I think it shows through in the work. One of my favorite collaborative experiences to date. It's sad to see a Crew broken up, but it makes the memories all that much sweeter."
    http://www.facebook.com/danny.keller.102?fref=ts

If I am reading correctly, Lucasfilm broke up the production crew of the Clone Wars which may mean they are no longer making the show despite some of the information we received to say otherwise. Optimistically, maybe they are just on a break prior to working on a continuation of the show under different branding, i.e. Dark Times era. Not to stir the pot more, but just wanted to share the information. I shall hope for the best.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  3. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    So what is this about an official confirmation coming Tuesday? Has this been verified?

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Disney are revealing their upcoming 2013-2014 TV schedule on Tuesday, I believe. If The Clone Wars is on there, we know it's back. If not, well, you know...

5. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I see.

Fingers crossed...

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wait, Tuesday is tomorrow for me... Oh man, where will I find the schedule? Actually I bet it gets released on Tuesday for America, but just incase.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I believe it's about half past Midnight in America now (East coast?), so it's tomorrow for them too!

It'll be all over, I imagine, once it releases. I'll probably just use google. :p

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    What's Filoni gonna do when he realizes he's jobless?

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    March to Disney HQ with the 501st and do what must be done.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Work full time on deviantART.

11. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Execute Order 67

Wipe the executives out.....all of them.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    There we go, we now know Captain Rex's fate, he will march alongside Dave Filoni and execute Order 67.

credar likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I guess they just want too wipe everything out and then start from scratch with their own character's and era, probably building into and out of the ST.

I do not like it either and I also do not like the assumption underneath it, that assumes I will continue to watch their Starwars products regardless of anything they do.

07jonesj and earlchinna like this.
  15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It would be sad if it really came to a cancellation, but it's been a great run while it lasted. If a cancellation will come true, I really, really hope any finished material will be released before the show disappears off the air; for all of us who still enjoys the show, let's hope that Dave will do his best for that to happen if the show will end up cancelled.

And honestly, I can't really see how doing all of this (postponing the 3D releases, shelving the 1313 game and cancelling TCW) is going to bring us Ep.VII quicker. I bet that JJ Abrams will show up at some point after the cancellation of TCW and say something like "Hi, guys! I'm currently committed to lots of other projects so no VII until 2018 or 2020!"; then all this is gonna feel even more uneccessary and stupid.

16. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    This deal is getting worse all the time!

KeltheDor, earlchinna and Bliss000 like this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Savage gets killed off, show gets cancelled.

Coincidence? I think not.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's not about making it quicker. It's about wiping everything out and starting with a blank slate and only focusing on Disneys characters and stories.

19. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Nothing has been verified up to this point. All this is just speculation based off of a few posts on fan sites. And those people posting those things more than likely were just listening to other rumors. Rumors like this get swirled around every time a fan base is afraid their show is in danger of cancellation.

V-2 likes this.
  20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    What purpose will you have then...with nothing to hate and despise?

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW cancelled =/= end of the world.

Lots of better things out there. ;)

22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    That's (technically) right. TCW cancelled== end of the galaxy.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Disney saved the planet canon from TCW's superlaser.

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    That's "Disney may have cancelled the show as part of its evil plan to end Star Wars forever."
    No saving there.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ending TCW is evil? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.