main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who/What DON'T you want to see in Epi. 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    No Jar Jar Binks. No wait. You know what? Screw it. Bring him in. The internet rage will be hilarious. :p

But seriously no time travel. I'm partial to the Plagueis idea myself because I think the idea could work, but that's another topic altogether. No Jedi turning to the dark side. Been there done that. There will definitely be some recurring plot elements, but at least try to be original. Other than that I'm fairly open to whatever. I don't mind force ghosts but hopefully they don't go crazy with it. The OT was fairly conservative with its use of force ghosts, with just the occasional inspirational word from Yoda or Obiwan during a hard time; almost like Luke was just remembering their words of wisdom rather than speaking to them. That's alright, but if they start having full fledged conversation with the dead than it gets silly.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No dancing and no singing.

3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    No blasters! No blasters!

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  4. Kabal

Kabal Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    I love JJ and his work, but I hope he doesn't make the ships the iXwing, iFalcon, iMonCal crusier....like he did with the Enterprise.

5. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    What don't you want to see????

*A poorly executed love story

Im generally not a big basher of the PT, but if there is one thing that truly pisses me off about them, it was the way Anakin and Padme's love story was handled.
    Not only were the scenes generic, the dialogue was awful and made it hard to take it seriously

This was the biggest miscue of the PTs IMO....Anakin turned to the Dark Side because he was in love with a woman....for that love he plunged the galaxy into darkness. The love story in the PT should have been a very moving piece of cinema...It was that important..Couples who watched it should have wanted to make out on the spot.....instead it was treated almost as a parody

Id prefer if the ST steered clear of making the love story such a big deal to the overall plot....If they must have one....follow the Leia and Han way of love where it just comes off natural and sincere

Some other pet peeves Im hoping they avoid

Post ROTJ EU
    Main Hero is a child
    Forced Comedy
    Too much CGI
    Crazy forms of Lightsabres(Nun Chucks, Whip, ect ect)

6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    • Complete contradictions of the EU. As someone else said, it's a big enough universe that any story doesn't have to contradict the EU in major ways
    • Clones
    • People who died in the other films coming back alive (so, like, a Force vision or a holorecording is fine)
    • The Empire as the villain. It's just not believable that the Empire would still be alive and kicking and enemy-worthy in ~40 ABY. It ruins the ending of RotJ
    • In fact, anything that takes the wind out of the sails of the OT. A new story doesn't have to render the old one impotent
    • Radical changes in the aesthetic. The PT is a bit jarring because everything is so much more colourful, artistic and plain beautiful than it is in the OT and it's never really explained in-universe. Despite the fact that technological capabilities have changed an awful lot since the OT was made, but they should hold back on overly modernising the aesthetic of the new films
    • Han and Leia not being together

7. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Almost all of the EU, but certain story ideas or elements from the EU can be looked at for inspiration.

No Sith, no time travel, no clones of existing characters, nobody in Vader's armor, no resurrections, no lame scripts.

And no questions asked.

8. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Oh yeah, no time travel or teleportation or whatever. Just no.

NO FLOW-WALKING EITHER.

9. scf881

scf881 Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2004
    I don't want it to seem like it isnt a star wars movie. i want it to seamlessly flow with the OT and PT. no cgi han solo. it has to have a sith, but no resurrections. no time travel. please no jar jar binks.

10. JediJainaJade

JediJainaJade Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2013
    I agree on the no flow-walking thing.

I would also like for them to no recycle plantet's we've already seen. Show us some more of this galaxy far far away

11. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Ewoks defeating whole armies.
    Actually, Ewoks full stop!

12. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    At this stage I am really over CGI, way too much of it is done poorly and it makes me feel like I am just watching a video game. I get that this is cutting edge but CGI still does not look real enough in my opinion to have characters part of the whole movie that way.

exp: Prequel Gungnas, Yoda, Dexter Jettster, etc

and in other new movies

Trolls and Orks in The Hobbit, The Giants in Jack and the Giant slayer (didnt see this movie but they looked horrible in the previews), John Carter (never saw and this movie bombed but still)

On the flip side it was very refreshing when characters were left "traditional"

exp : Prequel Wookies, Trade Federation Leadership, Various non human jedi etc.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I really don't want to see any shaky-cam.

14. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    None of this
    -------------------------------
    [​IMG] PT

[​IMG] OT

More of this.

What's next?

[​IMG] ST ?

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That was possibly the strangest and most incoherent photo collab that I have ever seen.

Darth Venator and Vthuil like this.
  16. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    It looks better now lol

17. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    And no major retconning

18. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    No Sith would be interesting.

19. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Whilst I think a Bounty Hunter or two will be inevitable at some point for fanservice if nothing else, I don't want too much focus on them.

Unless we get to see elderly Dengar and Bossk chasing down elderly Solo through the underbelly of Coruscant on hovering mobility scooters...

Vthuil likes this.
  20. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm still confused.

21. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The only thing that I don't want is for knowledge of the expanded universe to be necessary in order to understand the film, which is seemingly what some people do want. I'd much rather see Disney just do their own thing with the films and each movie them take on a life of its own.

Aside from that, I have no demands. Just let the filmmakers do what they can to make the best movies possible.

Darth Chiznuk and Khalil O. like this.
  22. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    I don't want to see anything like the first picture ( that guy freaked me out the first time a saw A New Hope. Can you believe he's a human?!); I think it would be cool to see another awesome afro dude. OT had Lando, PT had Mace. Who's the ST going to have?

23. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    No characters or ideas from the PT.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ummmm what? Lando and Mace did not have afros.

Vthuil and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Unless it's one of the Force Ghosts from the end of ROTJ, I don't want to see anyone who died.

themetresgained likes this.