main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectible Watches

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Bazinga'd , Mar 11, 2013.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't have those but I do have a few of the Burger King Fett watches that came out in 2005. (Friend of mine in the US got them for me).I've also got a Fett pocket watch but I don't think it's licensed. It was an eBay item.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I am trying to buy a watch that wont fall apart the moment you strap it on for my 12 year old little SW fanatic. :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't think I'd go for those - too expensive for a child who is likely to wear it while playing. You might search on eBay for something cheaper for the 12 y.o. It doesn't necessarily have to be licensed if he/she is going to wear it.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Good advice. Thanks.

I do have a personal issue of not wearing licensed gear however. Must be the fact that I have dealt with IP law in my distant past.

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I like the Skywalker one and the R2 one. Very cool, but agree with a bit expensive for a 12 year old. I have an old BK one and digital one from 1977-78.

Do 12 year olds wear watches? As much as I love watches, I stopped wearing one the minute I had a cell phone. I guess I just thought the current pre-teen/teen generation would be the same.

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Whoops I meant "unlicensed gear"