main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    That would be a Warner Bros issue as they owned distribution of the show for Season 5, I'm sure that would include video rights.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Without getting into all the "Disney is EVIL!1!" stuff, I think a surprisingly small amount of blame is being placed where it belongs the most, IMO: on Filoni and the TCW writers. Some blame also goes to Lucas and LFL for letting the TCW crew run themselves with little apparent oversight. If this is all true, it really could be seen as Disney and LFL (now) realizing that TCW is just stuck on an endless cycle with no end in sight; they don't even appear to want to wrap things up anymore... they're just dragging it out because they're having too much fun.

What started out as being billed as 100 episodes in four seasons has just completed its fifth season, and even though they could have been intending to wrap everything up at the end of Season 6, they probably weren't actually intending to do that at all. Their treatment of an existing storyline that covers a finite timeline (a three year war) that is set between Episodes 2 and 3 has been pretty irresponsible. The essential episodes have been quite good, and if they kept that up they could have made a great series that served its purpose. But instead they screwed around way too much, injected way too much filler, and just seemed to be cruising along with no real intended goal in sight anymore... and I think sooner or later parent companies get tired of just letting that kind of crap continue.

Add to that that Disney wouldn't want to have one of its properties continuing to be broadcast on CN, and that it might not be worth trying to figure out how to fit it into one of their own networks, and it maybe shouldn't be such surprising news if it does turn out to be true.

Nubbs and Bacon164 like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    V-2 likes this.
  4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    V-2 likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I won't believe it until it's offic - oh wait, never mind. :p

V-2 and earlchinna like this.
  6. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Wow, that TCW clip is filled with all sorts of "WHAT!?!"

Looks like another Umbara type arc.

earlchinna likes this.
  7. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    what kind of specials was the order 66'd female jedi? nautolan? wow

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Semi-good news!
    Edit: Who's that jedi at 2:20?
    Edit: FIVES!!!!!
    Edit: Tup? Wasn't he from the Umbara arc? What's going on? [face_hypnotized]
    Edit: Trench? He looks disgusting....

earlchinna likes this.
  9. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I wonder in what medium will these episodes be shown and when they will come out. Looks like we need a new thread. Filoni said that the upcoming 'final' episodes of TCW are the "best ones they've ever done"

10. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    What was that, Tup ... an Order 66 [face_whistling] ejaculatio praecox???

V-2 likes this.
  11. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I wonder how much more we will get... He said story arcs

And a new Star Wars show set in another era. I'm guessing that will be post episode VI? If so, that's pretty cool.

12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Nah, I'm going to guess KOTOR era.

Yancy

13. JTShiro

JTShiro Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    So it's going to end, I hope for everyone's sake that they have a proper conclusion in mind and it's not just over after these "bonus" episodes

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    And so this is it, but not quite.

If this is the case, I suspect we have one season left of material at most, and I'm fine with that. Filoni directly said it will be used to smooth out the saga storyline, so it looks like the show will get its ending.

I just hope they choose a good medium to release these, and soon.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw, Trench but no Mar Tuuk? :(

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  16. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    That would be even better

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So, they are trying to appease us with a cool clip involving Fives and team... Order 66 stuff. Great, but I doubt they'll wrap up all the other storylines, i.e. Rex, Ahsoka, Asajj, etc.

So, the question is, will we continue to campaign to keep the Clone Wars going???!!

18. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Trench, Fives, Tup, those ribbonheads ...
    I've seen the clip several times in a row now, and now I must lay down and ... well, I must lay down.

19. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I think it's too late now. I'm just happy it's not over with just Season 5. Hopefully the new animated series mentioned in the website will exceed the level of standard TCW has set up. ;)

Are the ribbonheads (nice one :p) Nautolans?

V-2 likes this.
  20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Just give me one last arc for Maul and Talzin and I'll be fine.

V-2 and DarthTalgus like this.
  21. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Dunno ... they don't look like Nautolans to me, but who knows what different sorts of people live on Glee Anselm... ?

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I have serious doubts that they'll get to that. I have no faith in Disney right now.

Oh, and Cad Bane fans... I bet we'll never see him again.

23. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Gallandro/Yancy, I I have the same sentiment as you when it comes to this buyout. On my personal Facebook page I was attacked by all my Disney friends that "this will be a good thing" for Star Wars. I hate to be the "I told you so guy", but it's really starting to pan out that way. Some people are just lemmings, they see "Disney bought Lucasfilm" and except the "public feel good announcement" as everything is going to be great. They NEVER questioned it. I did.

I'm a Lucas defender (I like the PT), and people said "it can only be better after what Lucas did". SW was Lucas' vision. It was "personal" to him. To Disney, it is just "another thing they own". It IS a NUMBERS game with Disney: they'd rather build hype of one summer blockbuster every three years, suck "everyone" in to see that one film and rinse and repeat. They don't just want the small segment of hardcore fans, they want EVERYONE. That's why they don't care about TCW.

Like they say "be careful what you wish for". A lot of people "hated" Lucas for "what he did to SW", but I say you have no idea how much worse it can be.

As for the folks like GGrievous who don't like TCW, I(we) understand that. The problem is this week it's something that YOU don't like that is going away, so it's no problem for you, it might only make you happier. BUT what happens if next week it's something you like that gets taken away? I think TCW is setting a precedent, that anything can be taken away. Then again GGrievous just might be a total cynic, meaning if EVERYTHING is taken away, then he'd be okay with that. Or maybe that he only cares about SW canon. But where does that CANON stop and start? With the OT? The PT? The EU?

Long story short is even if there is a segment of SW you personally don't like, you should support it's right to exist, because next time it might be something that you like that is being taken away.

Gallandro, QuangoFett, Nubbs and 2 others like this.
  24. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Okay, but I can has Fives, and that's ... well ... kinda ... whatever.
    Still wobbly-kneed.

25. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm just happy we get a little more before the end. Maybe we won't get Cad Bane's end or Aurra never comes back. Maybe Boba will never start painting up some Mandalorian armor or get his dad's ship back from Hondo. But I'm still stoked to see it's not quite over yet.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.