main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    After watching that clip multiple times now, I'm surprised that it was Fives, not Rex, on Anakin's side :(

2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Yeah, Darth Ibonek, that's something I thought was mysterious myself.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually, you did. And if you're forgetting, you should go back and review what you have previously said. Sourcing shouldn't be that hard for you. And quite frankly, I believe you should get of your high horse. That's more obnoxious imo. ;)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You both have been around here long enough to know better. [face_shame_on_you]

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  5. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Just a few days ago in the IGN interview with Filoni, Filoni mentioned how George liked Hondo and could see him mentoring a young Han Solo. This further fuels the suspicion that many of the Clone Wars characters would continue in a post-ROTS "Dark Times" era show. That show could include young Han Solo who would be just about the same age as Boba Fett . It would be perfect lead up to Episode VII, as we know, Solo will be in that film and would help introduce newer SW fans, ones raised on TCW series, to at least some of the OT characters. From a cost perspective, the fact that all these expensive character models already exist, it makes sense they would continue to be used. That's a post-ROTS with Ahsoka Tano running around as well - note that Ashley suggested she'd miss working with Matt Lanter - of course Lanter wouldn't be playing Anakin in a post-ROTS series and one would assume Kenobi would be out of the picture as well and obviously the Jedi Council would be absent. There would however be plenty of room for clones, Mandalorians, bounty hunters, Palpatine, Maul, etc.

earlchinna and Circular_Logic like this.
  6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    No han in a dark times series, there would be a big chance, that it would contradict Han Solo's Trilogy, which is set in the dark times. And i don't want old stories to be destroyed in the name of new.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Han_Solo_Trilogy

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I am not opposed to keeping this campaign going, albeit with a different message potentially, i.e. finish the story lines properly.

V-2, Circular_Logic and QuangoFett like this.
  8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    This was my point, TCW "style" of show could continue on PAST ROTS, with all the characters you mentioned.

My fear though is Disney is practically wiping everything pre-ANH away..

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I wouldn't go that far. They're just focusing on the decades after ROTJ era. We'll still have the PT and over 100 episodes of TCW. We might never get 1313, that's true, but they're not going to retroactively discount everything that's come before.

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm well aware of what I said. I never said tvbythenumbers data was flawed I said it depended on what service they were using to get their ratings. TV ratings are always a dicey proposition the day following an airing. Overnights are frequently off, but they are good a gauging trends. Blastr was simply reporting the final numbers for the week, that's all, and tvbythenumbers data in regards to non-cable primetime ratings is often incomplete, but in this case the used the final accumulated data for the week.

Again, who cares?

Yancy

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I say keep the campaign going and consume every bit of new material we get. I'm still possibly in denial though. I don't think this is over. Neither the article or Dave actually said, "Hey its cancelled, later guys! Thanks for coming." They are just saying things are winding down. They don't say how long it will be. Winding down could 1 one seasons it could be 3 seasons. To me It sounds like TCW is continuing production for now.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Denial ain't just a river in Africa. ;)

JackG and Random Comments like this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Pffft, my favorite rivers in Africa are the Mara, Zambezi, and Okavango. =b

Random Comments and eht13 like this.
  14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_laugh]

eht13 likes this.
  15. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    People have really overreacted to this news. TCW has not been cancelled; it's simply going to continue on in a different format. Filoni and Co. are still actively producing TCW-related content, and we will be seeing said content in some form. It just won't be as an actively televised series.

16. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Well hopefully they'll release everything they've got so far. I'm still waiting for them to release a box set of all the blurrays in a nice format.

17. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Why is it so hard for people to understand what's truly going on? Filoni and Co. are still actively producing TCW-related content, which we WILL see. The only thing that has changed is that TCW will no longer be aired as an actively televised program. That's ALL that's changed.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Where did he (or anything) actually say "still actively producing"?

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Cartoon Network cancelled the show, but LFL want to conclude it elsewhere. Not overreacting.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The episodes that we will see are already completed so they are not producing anymore.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

V-2 and Darth_Harmon like this.
  22. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Actually a lot has changed. Instead of 2-3 more seasons on television, we're getting only the most crucial story arcs that were planned and they'll be shown in some capacity. Either online or on a streaming service or direct to DVD/blu-ray. They're pretty much pushing fast forward on the series and wrapping it up in a season or half a season.

23. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Go watch Filoni's video statement. He and his team are still actively producing TCW-related content; he says so clearly and repeatedly. We're not just getting stuff that's already 'in the can'; we're getting things that he and his team are still actively working on that will bring the series to a conclusion.

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ahh, OK... thanks. I tend to take that with a grain of salt, but you're right, he did say that.

25. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    Why would you take a definitive statement 'with a grain of salt'? That's ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.