main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That's a euphemism. They're finishing out what they had completed or partially completed. And Lucasfilm Animation is creating a brand new series. They aren't starting from scratch and producing new TCW episodes.

eht13 likes this.
  2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    That could mean we get a "dark times" show... Just rebrand it as everyone else was saying.

My guess is that its going to be animated like TCW, its going to be directed by Dave, and its going to be set in the Old Republic, Dark times, or Post ROTJ.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its my guess that any episode that its episodes already well into the animation stage are the ones being completed now. Which means 6 is mostly complete then maybe a chuck of season 7 will make it out as well. Its a guess how many of them there are. To wrap up all the plots I can think of with 4 episode arcs would take atleast 16 episodes. The production crew have probably known this for a while and been working toward 'winding down' for a while. Its still kinda disheartening. Normally I'm stringing together TCW episodes in my head. Now its old interviews. On the otherhand most shows are just cancelled and that's it. The rest of whatever material never sees the light of day. I'm recalling Brent Friedman's tweet about meeting to discuss the ending that would tie right into ROTS. There's probably a connection there.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Mmm, good point. Hopefully we'll see that final arc.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I expect we'll see, like Seerow said, 16 or so episodes on Disney XD or online that are all character progression episodes. So, I don't think we'll see anymore superfluous arcs, and that's that.

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The number of episodes they have partially completed is not insignificant. All that's uncertain is how many additional episodes are set to be distributed somehow. We only know for sure about the Fives arc though the Clovis arc is a fair bet. Not much else is known beyond that except there being a multitude of new episodes and arcs.

When was it that Friedman mentioned the ROTS tie-in ending being finalised?

7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Filoni said in an interview a couple of years ago that he and George had already plotted out the end of the show. It's possible it may have already been scripted and maybe that's what they are wrapping up now... not sure.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The Friedman tweet about the ROTS tie-in was from some time last year. If it was from earlier in the year, then that episode/arc might already be on the way to completion. If not, then... they'll end it differently somehow.

Filoni and Lucas probably had the ending mapped out to some degree long before that, but they needed it solidified and perhaps Brent Friedman wrote that ending.

Seerow and Gallandro like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Oh, there are so many things to hate and despise, I just want Star Wars and TCW off my list already.

I'm looking forward to hating and despising something with a little less staying power, like television commercials. Though I hate commercials and possess a DVR, allowing me to fast forward through commercials, I will watch them and hate them anyway.

10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Why, if you "hate Star Wars," are you here?

11. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    You have no idea how many people on the all of the TFN boards that question should be asked of.

13. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Actually, I do.

Sometimes, I even try to ask them.

Usually, their response is along the lines of "just because."

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
  15. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The announcement was disheartening, though not because TCW was important to me on its own merits. Like anything with the Star Wars name, it had as many fail moments as cool ones. But I am sad to see this era being seemingly abandoned. I maintain that the time surrounding the six films is infinitely more important than any other.

I am skeptical of Disney's [or anyone, for that matter] ability to deliver a new, compelling story in a new era without (1) ripping off the previous ones or (2) trying to one-up them gratuitously.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A franchise-based forum in which every damn comment on the franchise was some paraphrase of "Dude. Awesome! Moar of that pleaz!" would get boring as hell really quickly.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  17. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012

You said you hated Star Wars. Right there.

18. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    I don't think that's what a forum should be like, but I don't see the point of being on a Star Wars forum to say soley negative things and to say that you hate Star Wars. Why bother, then?

Valairy Scot and Admiral Volshe like this.
  19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And you seem more concerned over whether other people hate Star Wars than about any future projects Disney is doing.

Running low on topics much? This is at least the second thread in which we're dealing with ****ing semantics.

21. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Removed

Admiral Volshe and V-2 like this.
  22. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    If somebody's only contribution to a thread is to say they hate Star Wars and be continually negative about it, why do they even bother?

It's a waste of everyone's time, as are personal attacks and name calling.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If you're here to talk about how much you love Star Wars, why are making posts such as this one instead of, I don't know, talking about how much you love Star Wars?

25. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Removed

Do not do that. When you believe someone has been attacked please report the post. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.