main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I'd like to note I said nothing about AnakinFan.
    What I did say is that I don't understand the purpose of people who post only to say they hate Star Wars, and aren't interested in actually having any participation in a discussion.

And judgeing by the likes on my statement, I sense others are in agreement.

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I see you've only been here since December, so let me tell you: it's nothing new.

3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    The only thing I will agree with TCW haters on is that TCW team should have had a more "it's all over" attitude sooner. What I mean by this, is they shouldn't have created so many open stories without being able to close them up by the end of the season, etc. It's like they were "riding the wave" without any solid direction, thinking it would last forever, heck, they were already starting Season 8. Then the wave crashed and they have to "hurry up" and choose which stories get answered or which ones just get a so/so ending. Like the haters say "there were a LOT of filler episodes" over the past 5 seasons. Don't get me wrong, I loved almost all of them, but when choosing to tie up the SW universe, or have another "side" story, they should have stuck with the tying in.

I look at it this way: a lot of people go through life saying "I'll get to it tomorrow" or "I'll do it later". I mean, we have our whole life right? But if you were told you were going to die in 3 months, you know you'd make the BEST out of those last 90 days. I still blame Disney for everything, but I think if TCW knew what date they were being canceled, they could have only worked on the most important arcs, vs all the filler. It's like they could make less stellar episodes, because they always had next season to "do better".

eht13, JTShiro and Random Comments like this.
  4. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    agreed Joe

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

I'm only speaking for myself, but I'm not huge on the whole Opinion Police crap that's been prevalent lately.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, then that shows a flaw in the forum as a whole. Doesn't make it right.

Random Comments likes this.
  7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    As far as we know, it's being tied up rather than abandoned. Concluding it before moving on is the best outcome; there are only so many times the main protagonists can fight the main antagonists before it becomes ridiculous...

I'm sad it's ending too, but a Dark Times/post-RotJ cartoon sounds a lot more exciting!

8. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Removed

Random Comments and V-2 like this.
  9. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The Dark Times is an acceptable alternative. But my point is that, at least in my opinion, the story surrounding decades of the Republic's downfall and the Empire's ascent and dominance are infinitely more interesting and creatively rich than are other eras. We have the Chosen One, the supreme Sith Lord, a hopelessly flawed Jedi order, a brilliant Xanatos Gambit, compelling political stories, etc. Anything else would inevitably borrow shamelessly from this era or try to outdo it.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    What would you say about the efforts of BioWare and Obsidian in the Old Republic era? Those seem to be quite well-received by the broader fanbase.

However, I generally agree with the point about rip-offs and one-upmanship. A third vice is gratuitous fanservice. That's what will lead to things like the heroes of the OT fighting a war that is a repeat of the Clone Wars. To hell with originality. Just make things bigger and flashier than the previous era. At least within the TPM-ROTJ timeframe, there are certain structures to work around as well as various limitations.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Maybe not from you, but there has been quite a bit of "if you like the EU, stop posting" around here lately. And the "if you don't like the show, don't post" goes way back to the time I first came into LACWAC.

LOL wut? Neither did I.

Right. Remind me not to look when you are trying.

13. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    I don't really see how what he said was a personal attack..

it's a film franchise, no one has insulted you on some sort of Faith issue

people tell me i'm no fan of star wars all the time i say "lol ok" and move on, i don't call someone a <curse word> idiot over it

anyway on topic: nah thanks to the petition.

14. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    That's because it wasn't a personal attack.
    You said you hate star wars. You said it. It's right there.
    Everything you've said has been along those lines.
    I asked "why bother posting here?"

You called me an ****ing idiot who doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    How about we don't continue this argument, huh?

eht13 and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  16. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    And it needs to stop.

You called me the Opinion Police. I said nothing about your opinions.

I fail to see what you are trying to say here.

17. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I love how a petition to save TCW turned in to this :(

I believe this is the beginning of the end for Star Wars fans..

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And there's no Opinion Police around here, nope, none at all.

LOL, no. The spoiler forums during the prequel days were much worse.

You need it spelled out for you?

What you're doing is the textbook definition of mini-modding.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  19. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    If any of this is directed at me as well...

I like the EU. I just don't understand why someone would continue to frequent a forum soley to express their disdain for said fandom across its myriad forms of existence. I understand people dislike TCW, or the Prequels, or the Microseries.
    But if someone hates Star Wars, why keep posting such things. Why is it worth the effort?
    Now, if said person simply wishes to discuss the topic, I understand. But simply posting hatred for SW on a SW board....seems pointless.

That's not opinion police, that's "ALL that said poster is saying is expressing hatred for the subject of the entire boards, Star Wars." If he hates it all, why does he appear here?

V-2 likes this.
  20. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    ..... Hi folks. Anybody got any insight to the sister jedi (is that plural?) in the vid?

Blame it on Filoni as always ;)

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Joe Antonetti, at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite; stop. You weren't involved until you put yourself in the firing line. You're not a mod, don't try to mod. [face_peace]

22. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Oh, there's definitely an opinion police. I'm just not one of them

23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Our thoughts are pretty much aligned. The Old Republic has been a disaster in this respect from inception. The most egregious example surrounds the Sith Emperor. I make no bones about it: Palpatine is one of my very favorite characters in the franchise and one of the best villains ever. The concerted effort by Bioware to outclass him in virtually every respect is pathetic in the extreme. But examples of its apparent lack of originality and aggrandizement can be found throughout the game and its tie-in material. With any luck, Disney will give it the axe alongside TCW.

JackG likes this.
  24. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Random Comments is a friend. Friends don't let friends be called ****ing idiots. So, can we all agree not to continue this?

Random Comments likes this.
  25. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Does anyone have any idea what species they are? The one that's killed looked naturl an at first glance, but after watching the whole thing...I don't think so.

Wasn't it once "Blame Lucas?" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.