main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Just keep in mind they said they are "exploring" a new series. That's not a commitment to create one.

V-2 and Random Comments like this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Seems I'm late to the party.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I expect that was just pre-drinks in the grand scheme of this rave.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm actually down one glass of wine.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    For the love of god, people, think of the younglings.

klooney, earlchinna, Coric and 2 others like this.
  6. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Younglings on JCF? Blasphemy! :p

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

WARNING: Guys lets try and keep this thread on topic. Lets stop the fighting an personal attacks. If you can't add anything constructive to the discussion of the future to TCW then perhaps you should move to another thread.

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You're right, of course.

I doubt the management will want to ditch the entire animation department though, the announcement makes it seem like they're working on something new (maybe something a little more photorealistic, an offshoot of their live action tv development perhaps?); it makes some sense to keep producing something, as they're already employing/contracting these people (at least until their contracts expire).

9. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    . If you can't add anything constructive to the discussion of the future to TCW then perhaps you should move to another thread.

--

so I'm not allowed to say a petition is a bad idea?

:confused:

genuine question there

not trying to be a smart Alec :p

10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The thing is, they've got a lot of character models and such already created for TCW...so it would make sense for them to continue in the same animation style, and they'll have to create far less from scratch...

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Because calling one another dumb ****s and arguing in circles about why someone who doesn't like Star Wars in circles is constructive to a discussion about the future of Star Wars. And you would be about the 12th person to come in here and say the petition is a bad idea.

07jonesj and QuangoFett like this.
  12. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    so saying I think a PETITION is a bad idea is ok then right? :p

Edit: question answered

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think the people that picked the fight should also be banned. What did they expect by starting and perpetuating a senseless argument about whether someone even liked Star Wars on a Star Wars forum.

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It's my perception that some of this lack of originality is intended to draw in fans who only know the film era. However, it is very much on the nose. Isn't the whole point of there being an entire Order of Sith Lords in this ancient time that there doesn't need to be a more powerful version of Palpatine? It's amateurish writing, in my view, but I'm sure it went down well in customer clinics. :p

At the risk of going off-topic, I prefer what the creators of the Avatar series did with the subject of your avatar. Instead of one-upping the previous bad guy, they made a new, less powerful yet very distinct arch-nemesis for the hero to fight. If only SW followed that example more often.

Sable_Hart and TaradosGon like this.
  15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I find it crazy that 1 week ago we were talking about the lack of news and how quiet things would be in the offseason...
    ...then Filoni has to come out and say things that mean things and don't mean things and things about things that aren't things and now...

quote] last 6 pages of this thread /quote]

Damn you Filoni and your words!!!!

I feel like I'm on a thread discussing the ending of inception...

earlchinna likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It totally fell. It was already losing momentum before the cut! :p

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This whole thread is a farce.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    May the Farce be with you.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  20. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I honestly don't even feel like I can discuss anything about the future episodes of TCW and what "cancelled" actually means because I get the sense that somewhere buried in the mess of the past 6 pages is a post from someone else sharing my views and thoughts...but its almost like the smoke hasn't cleared yet here at LACWAC...once it does, maybe i'll throw out my 2 cents - for now, i just kinda feel like i'd be trying to talk through the sound of an explosion...no one will hear it.

But I want to vent very badly.

Sgt Crowfield and V-2 like this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I leave and everything's fine, then I come back a few hours later and half the posts have been removed due to personal attacks, this must be the beginning of the off season everyone has been warning us about.

A'den Skirata and earlchinna like this.
  22. night0205

night0205 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    What is the point of this thread now... the petition didn't work... so... again, what is the topic?

23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    "The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars and FUTURE OF THE CLONE WARS THREAD"

Edit: btw, just because the petition didn't work, doesn't mean we can't enact a possible change in their gameplan - even if its as small as finishing the post-production on 1 extra arc that they were originally going to scrap...

V-2 and QuangoFett like this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, the other off-seasons didn't cancel the show. :p

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Let me help you out here:

From http://www.dictionary.com, the second definition of "cancel," which I believe is the one that applies here, is:

"to decide or announce that a planned event will not take place"

So, if TCW is "winding down," I think it's safe to say that seasons 7, 8, and 9 are "cancelled," and if there is no announcement of a season 6 beyond a few arcs, I'd call that "cancelled" as well.

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.