main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Does Ahsoka remind anyone else of Lindsay Lohan in her current state? For reals. I just associate the two together.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Fixed.

3. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Stop trippin'. Lohan is her own worst enemy. Ahsoka is a victim.
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's plight is more like that of Taylor Swifts.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't really see Ahsoka as a victim...she causes her own problems.

edit: wait I just read the taylor swift part. lol you trollin.

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I know I'll get flamed for this but "what if" Ahsoka gets literally frozen in carbonite an thawed out in EP7? You have a pretty good Jedi, trained by Anakin himself. She meets up with Luke, etc. etc.

I think with a bit of facial CGI and Eckstein's voice, we have something...

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully, Filoni's Mary Sue will be forgotten and left behind now that her 5 seasons of being the Chosen One have come to an abrupt end.

7. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Who says she needs to be frozen. How long does her species live?

Also, since we are playing what if....What if Ahsoka turns to the dark side and follows in her Master's footsteps???

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think life expectancy of a torguta is 94 years compared to a humans 70. Also the force is pretty kind to those who use it well. Heck, Yoda lived to be 900 ;)

As far as the Dark Side, it would be rough to see. Ahsoka left the order, because of it's distrustful ways, it would be hard to accept she becomes evil. I would possibly support that idea because it means there would be the potential to bridge TCW to EP7 (almost like a prequel for Ahsoka, like TCW was for Anakin).

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    How about no and let this thread die off (like Ahsoka). ;)

10. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    This coming from a guy who has ahsoka as his avatar pic. I can't even look at you. Flame on boys...

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    No to a movie. She will forever be a piece of eu trivia and never mentioned or touched upon in any of the films. :)

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  12. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I doubt we will get much more Ahsoka. The Clone Wars seems to have been canceled because Disney wants to focus more on OT and ST era's, get the big 3 back in the spot light, etc... They are able to start selling a different Star Wars to people and wanted to end a lot of the PT Star Wars as part of that. Making Ahsoka material would be counter productive to that.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    They need to do Clones War-like series showing what happened between eps 6 and 7.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No.

Her and Darth Maul are going to be in the Sequel Trilogy.[face_devil]

15. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    As a father of a young girl, I have very fond memories of watching TCW and Ahsoka. I have enjoyed her role in the Star Wars universe and have enjoyed watching the character develop over 5 years.
    Ahsoka is my daughter's favorite Star Wars character.
    With that being said, I don't think we need a stand alone film about her. However, I look forward to seeing how Filoni ties up her story arc now that the TV series is over.
    I don't quite get the Ahsoka hate, especially given the lack of female roles in the Star Wars universe. Especially young female roles.

16. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think she should be in an animated series between ANH and ROTS.

I too don't understand the Ahsoka hate. I understand that in the beginning she was annoying and rubbed people the wrong way. However her character grew, and I think if more people gave her a chance would she she was a pretty good SW character. I think Filoni did the right thing by "freezing her" in time. After all the OT and new ST material is burnt out over the next decade, they may resurrect her. So in the end, your GRAND-DAUGHTER may get to experience Ahsoka again. We only hope.

17. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It wd probably be animated & direct-to-video but it's not out of the question if her story isn't wrapped up in the remaining "arcs" Filoni spoke of. I'd like to see it happen. But it won't until after Ep7.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The universe doesn't need her, anymore. Filoni went out of his way to convince us that she was the Chosen One and more wise & powerful than the Jedi and Sith combined and now the Force is in balance, so she can retire if she is even capable of requiring mundane things such as rest..

19. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    What's with all the Ahsoka hate? I thought she was annoying too at first, but she's become an awesome character over time. That said, Ahsoka just isn't enough of a fan-favourite/well known enough compared to other SW characters, and I don't think such a movie would be easily marketable from Disney's perspective, as much as I'd like to see it.

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    She never became awesome. She went from terrible to tolerable. And her entire point was to further the "stop the ones you love from dying" plot line, which never happened.

The only thing that kept me going through some really awful episodes of TCW (and there were plenty) was looking forward to her biting the dust. And I never got it! I am bitter.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Every episode she blessedly did not appear in was a better episode for her absence. I'm with you... the only time I ever wanted her to show up was if it were in a scene where Sidious force lightninged her to death and put her head on a pike in front of the Jedi Temple. Or to see her killed by Ziro the Hutt, just so it was a truly lowly demise.

stormcloud8 and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  22. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Such a throwaway character. IMO the biggest mistake made in Clone Wars. I would rather see Anakin and Obi side by side. Not some bratty kid put there to appeal to younglings and to sell toys. Seriously, someone explain to me what purpose she serves to the overall main plotline to SW canon.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Her purpose was to shame Obiwan and Anakin with her mastery of the Force and multiple lightsabers and to be wiser than the entire Jedi Order. She also was there to beat the daylights out of a dozen Deathwatch members because Obiwan and SkyGuy are too weak in the Force to do so.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    LFL Animation = Toy marketing division

25. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I am neutral on Ahsoka. I did not watch the Clone Wars series religiously. I cannot debate the merits of the character as well as many of you. However, looking at it logically, she will probably be back in some capacity. If they had no more use for her, then she would have been killed off. Her departure leaves the door open. Disney will walk through that door eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.