main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex: What is the point of all this?
    Fives: I don't know sir, but I do know that someday this show is gonna end.
    Rex: And then what happens to us? Where is my agent!

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Or maybe everyone's just got it mixed up, and Disney actually meant Can-cell, lol.
    [​IMG]

07jonesj likes this.
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I think that maybe this was a reply to me since i put it in quotes...just to be clear, I agree with you, the show is in fact cancelled - I was merely remarking upon the nature of where the discussion went and how the word was being interpreted differently than its definition - hence why I put it in quotes.

I feel like part of the issue with people disagreeing about what this means is that many people have probably only read/watched the StarWars.com post. Considering that they went out of their way to not use that word - opting instead for "...no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network." If you had only read that post, it would be understandable why someone could have a different interpretation of "the end." But the fact is that various cast and crew working on the show have used the word "cancelled." This is enough to make it very clear that the show has been cancelled and however they choose to distribute this "bonus content" is really up in the air right now.

When a show is cancelled:
    They stop writing new episodes - check
    At the end of its "current run," they pull the show off-the-air - check
    Any potential "future seasons," are no longer planned/nor executed - check

The Clone Wars is cancelled....but we do have some "bonus content" to look forward to. I see this thread as dealing with the content, extent, and distribution of this "bonus content." Therefore, I still see a purpose to this thread... its those other "is cancelled," "is not cancelled" threads that have no point IMO...

QuangoFett likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That TCW is getting a chance to release finished episodes isn't like was normally happens in a cancellation. Normally that's it. Ya know, if fat like the D-Squad arc was cut from the bonus material arcs to wrap it up. They come back and rerelease those as lost episodes in a couple year.

How cruel.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I got the sense that we'd be getting this content sooner rather than later. Why wait? The most money is going to be made now.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They release the best material now. Hold onto a few things to release later. Common in the industry. Just a thought. Oh well. Just saw Ashley's facebook post from Her Universe. That girl really knows how to hype stuff. I might upload my hoodie avatar again.

8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm taking the negative route on this. lets say we get 4 more arcs (16 episodes). I see 8 being released this year, and 8 being released next year, then 2015 is EP7. Or possibly all of them this year with 1 year of downtime to "build anticipation" for EP7.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Given that Disney seem to be killing anything not connected with the sequels, I'd say we're going to get everything fast or nothing at all. They've cancelled this because they don't want it distracting from their new stuff (a presumption, but an accurate one IMO).

10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Something interesting to think about is whether these arcs will be released as arcs or episodes. They've merged episodes of an arc before for presentation (including the movie)...since they may not have to deal with a 30 minute broadcast time slot + commercials = 22 min. episodes, perhaps they'll just release each arc as its own "direct-to-dvd" film...and we'll get 1 every 4-6 months or so..(depending on how many arcs there are in this "bonus content")

earlchinna likes this.
  11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I was thinking they might release them as arcs too, I'd prefer to have them as separate episodes, but I'd be happy with whatever they do, as long as we get to see them.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Fans and gushing fans*cough*Jimmy Macwould be in denial to say that TCW is not cancelled. It's cancelled and even voice actors (like JAT) aren't afraid to say that.

As for this "winding down," I'm sure SW.com is afraid to come out and say "Hey fans, we're gone for good." Of course, they want to keep some positive outlook.

eht13 likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd agree with you except that we already know some episodes are finished (Clovis, Fives arc).

Seerow likes this.
  14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, I know. Finished. :p

Darth Ibonek and 07jonesj like this.
  15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Damn, you such a troll GG. ;)

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    They still have to release Season 5 on Blu ray, which is usually October. Of course Disney could nix that as well if they are complete idiots. But if they don't we could get Clovis as a bonus on that set, and then Order 66 arc, Maul arc, Bounty Hunter arc as separate blu ray releases later. Timing is all out the window due to no season to promote, but it would be good before Xmas to capitalize on the buying season.

Speaking of timing we will be sitting around waiting for another animated series probably for 3 years so maybe they'll milk these arcs and spread out releases every few months.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I always got the impression that Shadow Warrior was actually two episodes hacked together in editing. We may see them hack together stories meant to be 4 episodes into 1 or 2 to reduce production costs. Star Wars: the Cliff Note Wars.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I reckon there would have to be atleast 16 episodes to cover all the hanging plot thread. I have no doubt some will never get proper closure. Really I gotta wonder about season 6 having heard its completed from some sources. Then there could be a little chunk of season 7 waiting. Its still a waiting game to see exactly what we are 'winding down' with. TCW is cancelled and I'm sure its only those episodes..

And this was the thread where the end of TCW being revealed by Brent Friedmen was discussed QuangoFett. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-end-of-tcw-is-revealed.50008024/ Kinda sad I treated that thread like a joke back then.

The season 5 Blu-ray release may also hit a snag if WB still his the distribution rights for the sets.

It sounds like a new show may have been in production for a little while if we are going to find out about it in the coming months. That actually might line up with SWW and SDCC for a revelation.

QuangoFett likes this.
  19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It would be interesting if they released a single arc as a "movie" on Netflix/Hulu/DVD/etc. every 1-2 months, corresponding with what would have been aired on television.

20. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Wow, this whole thing shows what I know...I was way off on this one. I figured Disney would have a clue and keep something good going on but apparently not. Somehow I have a feeling this wouldn't happen if Michael Eisner were still in charge but alas.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Dave would always talk in interviews about the crazy production schedule that would keep them working up to the very end getting stuff ready. So I would guess only part of Season 6 is actually finished, and that many episodes they are doing what they can to complete or maybe toss out to work on better Season 7 episodes.

22. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    And like folks say, I'm guessing Disney is going all-in with the post-RotJ stuff...much like the 2003 show, they'll likely have this new show as a "support" of "between" the movies with side stories and stuff. Sadly, I have a feeling we may truly be done with Ahsoka...

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I agree, I don't think we will see Ahsoka on the screen for a very long time if ever, she was actually given a fairly proper good bye. I would like to see more of her but i really doubt they have anything lined up.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    She and Dave will ride off in the sunset together.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sure that's what he dreams about as he drifts off to sleep at night.

GGrievous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.