main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if the fact they call it "bonus material" means only the Order 66 episodes will be included on the season 5 dvds and we won't see anything else for a long time.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Every year at SWW I've been "Behind the Force" has been opened with we have all finished voice work for season 5/6. Here is the trailer for season 4/5. know the voice work usually comes first to match the lips though.

I think ones a month on Hulu sounds about right. Quarterly movies on a direct to Blu-ray/DVD platform also makes sense to me.

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I hope you're right but to me the word 'exploring' means they're perhaps just investigating ideas at this point.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes Seerow the voice stuff was always recorded well in advance. Anna Graves mentioned she had finished recording Satine in the Lawless one and a half years prior to air. Which makes it kinda strange and sad that JTT was just tweeting a few weeks ago about being in the studio recording TCW with Dave and crew. Could've been Season 7.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    With pictures of Ahsoka all over his room.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    FTFY

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And *coughnuditycough*

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Unfortunately I think its time to flip the switch and drop some pessimism. Sorry. The reason I think this is something already going or that could be revealed soon is because it probably isn't using TCW's awesome animation so its not going to have such long production times. Cost is one of the reasons stated for why TCW is getting cancelled. Sure it makes sense to reuse the models and planets from TCW but it may still be too pricey and to slow so the next show may not look as pretty. I can think of shows with CGI that comes no where near touching TCW's but take 6 months (two episodes at a time) and cost half what TCW does to make.

9. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    So I needed some personal closure to today's events. Like I said a few days ago, I didn't have access to a printer to print out my "Save TCW" letter to Bob Iger until today. The irony of course is as I was printing out my letter, the news came across about the cancellation.

Long story short I just got back from the post office. I felt that I still had to mail the letter knowing that even if it was received by Disney that nothing would change. Star Wars has been in my family since the 70s, and hope for it to remain part of it until I die. I want to be able to tell my great grand nieces and nephews about the time before Disney and the day TCW was canceled, I still mailed my letter to the Disney CEO.

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Remember this, Seerow? I'd watch your pessimism levels. :p

[​IMG]

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    There were discussions of Filoni having nude animation models of Ahsoka. [face_plain] [face_sick]

Okay, I'll stop there...

12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't think I'm pessimistic. :) If they had said "planning" instead of "exploring" I'd feel better. On the positive side they did say, "...set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming..." so that means at least some thought has gone into it.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was hoping you would forget about that. x.x; HALP!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow Dave and his crew have been working as a 3D animation team, including the group in Singapore. I think that's why many assume it will go that way. Its true that it may go to a different team of 2D animators, but they would probably have to hire new staff at Lucasfilm Animation and lay off others.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There is nothing wrong with sending our letters and expressing our fandom. I will probably send some more with an adjusted message to bring closure for certain character arcs. They could always revisit completing these, they have 3 years and NO SHOW.

QuangoFett and phatdude1138 like this.
  16. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I actually have a slightly longer version for Dave Filoni talking about just this same thing. I will probably still send it to him but will modify it a bit. In the "power" hierarchy, I know Dave is basically at the bottom, but even if just a few fans plant the seed of what we would like to see, you never know what could happen someday. He may move up and be top dog and bring back a version of TCW. Ok, wishful thinking. Either way I want to thank him.

QuangoFett and Watto like this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Interesting tweet from James Arnold Taylor to someone. Could be just teasing or something they won't finish producing , but could be our closure on Maul:
    @Codyhatten12: @JATactor I loved all the work you did for The Clone Wars. I must ask you one thing though: What will become of Darth Maul? Major plot hole.
    @JATactor: .@Codyhatten12 Ah yes, that Maul fellow... That must mean something else will happen?!? : ) JAT

18. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i had a bad feeling about this when Disney buyed SW.....

19. Jedi_Knight_Darkarna

Jedi_Knight_Darkarna Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    It's disappointing that the show is winding down/cancelling when we're finally getting into the best episodes from the series.
    I'm not happy with the fact that everything star wars related is getting put on hold or cancelled for the sake of focusing on ep7.
    Sure I'm excited as everyone else about ep7 but seriously...once the TCW Bonus material finishes we got NOTHING but scraps of news feed to us about ep7,...to keep us from going insane.[face_nail_biting]
    It could be anywhere from 21-33 months of waiting....

Valairy Scot and earlchinna like this.
  20. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    after a night of sleep, I'm still more or less ok as at least we'll be getting more stories, now crossing fingers for it to be consequent and not rushed...... we'll see

But. I'll try to explain, really there is something wrong in all this and I blame it on Disney, as it really seems like a corporate move.

A great deal of Star Wars has always been about marketing we know it, but I feel it's always been more about putting out a lot, then let different fans pick what they like. And we've been getting a lot going on, which I found was a (mostly) fun kind of marketing approach.

Now yesterday's and other recent decisions since Disney acquisition, feels a lot more like calculated, strategic marketing. It really makes no sense to wind down TCW saying this would make lose focus on the new era coming, we've been having multiple things at a time for decades!

Also, I never really cared about Detours, but the way it's stated "errr we don't know if it's good to throw comedy in there because we want people to know we're doing a remake of ESB in 2015, it will be cool cool cool"... I was just happy there would be another SW thing on TV for others people to enjoy even if not me.

There is this contradiction of counting money, WTF this is Disney they got billions, if LFL was able to handle this then the big Empire should too if not more. It's more about thinking of product with cool factor here, and with LFL I feel there have always been a certain level of sincerity, thinking of -Star Wars- ... TCW is really Star Wars to me, no less than the movies, and I feel Disney dudes failed to see this, and chose to put it in some secondary category. At least it's what it seems at the moment

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Damn I thought this would happen when I saw season finale:oops: - it just felt like this was the end for the show. It seems that even Trench is alive as I thought and they are making order 66 arc- I hope we see Clovis-arc and rest of these finished episodes in some form or another.

I hope we will see continuation for characters like Rex and Ahsoka in some form- perhaps a new animated show is about them- they are fan-favorites now and so many questions were left unanswered like Talzin's motives and what happens to Maul- they solved the biggest issue when Ahsoka left the order but I see that they want to focus on other things than the clone wars from now on....

Maybe we will see this George's "live action- show" in animated form- more mature and adult oriented continuation for TCW wouldn't be bad idea. They could also do similar shows like TCW from civil war era- would be so cool to see Luke, Han and Leia in animated form instead of seeing them as old as they now are about to do.... that's not so interesting IMO

Sgt Crowfield and earlchinna like this.
  22. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I hope the new animated series they're working on is a sequel series to TCW so they can continue on with these things.

earlchinna likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That would be contradicting their cancellation of the original show. Do something else, start fresh, new, Filoni-less, et al. There's more stuff to explore in the GFFA than Clone Wars...

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    For folks who got invested in original characters like Ahsoka, Rex, Fives, Bo Katan, Cad Bane, etc... many of us would much rather have Lucasfilm continue telling stories with those characters and bring them to a proper conclusion over just wiping the board clean and starting from scratch with characters we don't care about.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Then why cancel the show in the first place? Not to mention, LFL, under George, has never been fan-driven. If Disney or LFL doesn't want to continue the series, then I can't see them allowing former TCW characters to run around in a new show. Waste of money, time, and not to mention contradictory. If folks really want to see TCW again, which I think is the problem here, then they should invest their time by watching the show again. It's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.