main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Can he act any better than he could in 2000/1/whenever it was that AOTC was filmed?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To tell you the truth, as far as a Boba Fett feature film is concerned, my strong preference is for a picture set immediately after the events of the Sarlaac in ROTJ. I think seeing Fett fight his way out of the pit, only to discover a whole new galaxy of opportunities for himself has come with the death of Jabba and the crippling defeat for the Empire at Endor, would make for an interesting premise and, rather than sitting through a 2-hour bounty hunt set during his earlier years, I'd much prefer to see Boba take advantage of the changing political climate, post-ROTJ, and become a sort of kingpin of the Coruscant underground and the Outer Rim. As this would probably require an actor older than Daniel Logan, he's not really part of my Boba Fett stand-alone movie equation.

Now, if you want to save Boba's earlier adventures for the Live Action Show, you've got my support there. By all accounts, Daniel seems a nice fella who really seems to have embraced the role and given that (and given as much as I like to see continuity kept intact), I'd certainly be in favor of giving Logan first-look. That said, well, it was once pointed out to me that, other than his voice work on TCW, Logan hasn't had a credited acting role since 2003. This, to me, is a red flag. I'm not saying that I'm actively against the idea, but I do have to wonder why he's been largely out of the acting business for a decade now if he's really got the goods, you know?

DARTHSHAME, Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  3. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Spot on. Odds are that any Fett film will take place soon before or soon after the OT timeframe.. In that scenario, as Logan is too young amd Temura Morrison woukd be too old(53 this year), I'd love to see Daniel Sunjata from Rescue Me and The Dark Knight Rises take over the role of Fett.

There is no chance that Disney would ever approve casting Logan as the lead in a stand alone Fett film, regardless of his association with the character and Lucasfilm. There's simply too much money at stake for that kind of gamble. Plus, those photos smack of a ""Sean Young dressed in Catwoman suit" level of desperation to get a part. Executives at Disney see those, and will immediately pass him over. He may have done himself more harm than good with those shots.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No. He looks like a little boy still and he can't act. Can we get someone without frosted tips?

KevinM1 likes this.
  5. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't think Morrison would be too old. How old would Boba be in ROTJ?

6. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    According to Wookieepedia, Fett is about two years older than Han Solo. So, unless the Fett film occurs at least 10 years after ROTJ, I think casting a mid-50s Morrison might be a stretch.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    You mean he's willing to be the star of his own Star Wars film, play an iconic character & get paid loads of cash? I'm shocked!

Won't happen. They won't be risking a big budget movie on an unknown with little acting experience just for the sole reason of continuity

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Get emm Dad foy'er that one line killed any enthusiasm I would have for Logan to reprise the role, and feel that Like Portman and Hayden he should be just filed and forgotten.

For me the bigger problem of making a film out of just a side character and who was nothing than a glorified plot device (to get Han out of the way) is that no matter what they do with him and no matter how multi-faceted they create him, that it could be Citizen Fett in Space, at the end of it, he still goes out like a punk in RTJ.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Cool pics! But Logan looks a little slim to be a kick ass Boba Fett! Although, I guess we could watch him grow into the part, movie to tie-in to the series Underworld.

I actually like this idea as it could help fill some gap between 6 & 7 (without the major characters of course) and would resolve a rather weak death for Fett. I would love to see this happen but I suspect what I wrote above to happen.

DARTHSHAME and TreborSabreon like this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Still don't understand Boba's popularity, but if a movie needs to be made, please do not have him escape from the Sarlaac Pit.

and please don't have him in the ST.

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well don't take the helmet off & you could cast anyone you like......

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed, but if Citizen Fett is set post-ROTJ, the sarlaac instantly becomes just a blip in the life-story of William Randol... er, Boba Fett, rather than its end (which for fans of Fett's EU story, like me, is already true). :)

13. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I think Fett's popularity was originally surrounded by his mystery. He looked cool, had a croaky voice and seemed utterly ruthless. In some respects he was a bit like the Jedi. The less you knew, the more myterious and pontentially grand his backstory was. Plus the early EU stories that touched onb the back story of the Mandalorians was equally mysterious.

However, for me, making him a clone completely ruined the character, especially now hearing him speak with a Kiwi accent in Empire. The mystery is no longer there and so now I very much thnk "meh" when I think of Boba Fett. If a new movie is made it'll have to reflect back on the clone element and no doubt Fett will be unmasked for a considerable amount of the movie, since Clones already established what he looks like under the helmet.

Sorry, but count me out,

JainaSoloYJK and Blip like this.
  14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see him escape the Sarlacc, if nothing else just to piss off haters.

But not to have this guy act him, he looks like a lil kid. Have someone with more experience and who actually can come off as intimidating.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    a. It's Boba Fett
    b. he died in rotj
    c. no

16. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    To be fair those pics are a good few years old and he's looking much more the part now. However I'd still prefer Morrison...but I'd rather we didn't see his face at all so we could get someone in the suit a little more in keeping with his physique and height in Empire

In all honesty no one fits it better than the man himself....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    I don't think that appearance of Boba Fett is main priority here. In fact it is far more important to know why and how he became such a formidable bounty hunter. Which I think is the main reason why they might be making a stand alone movie in the first place.

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, it would really be cool if Morrison played Boba Fett.

[​IMG]

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Boba Fatt felt left out of all the age and weight gain discussion.

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *Threadmerge*

21. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Haha, awesome! Funnily enough a similar image popped into my head as I typed my last post.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Lord Optimus likes this.
  23. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Mila, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path a can't follow.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    my audition

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Did you ever see him in Once We Were Warriors? He was an alcoholic abusive violent bastard. He was superb in it. Tested his acting ability slightly more than AOTC did.

StoneRiver likes this.