main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Hamill was also in a motorcycle accident years ago as well.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

2. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    He was also in a huge car crash between filming of ep 4 and5. Used the attack on Hoth to explain the scars on his face.

3. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    What could possibly be added to the Star Wars story? In episode I, Anakin was prophesied to bring balance to the Force, and in episode VI, he did that. Or did he...?

4. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    Or, is balance even possible...? lol

5. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Balanced once doesn't mean it stays in balance forever. Endless possibilities! :D

Besides, I always thought that good and evil balanced each other. So, the force should be in balance when both the Jedi and Sith are present. Getting rid of the sith took it out of balance. But that's just my humble opinion and I'm going to shut up now. :cool:

6. Khalil O.

Mar 9, 2013
    OR... maybe it's in balance when there is no Force (*cough cough* "Kreia" *cough cough*) :)

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe this misguided Prophesy was nothing more than some old Jedi's prediction of how he knew the order wasn't what it once was and that one day it would meet its end because of it.

8. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Who dreams up these "prophesies" anyway? :confused:

9. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    It had to have been before Darth Bane's time because the Jedi believed the Sith to be extinct. So some time before that. Besides most Jedi around the time of TPM (like Kenobi) believed it was an old legend.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Balance of the Force, not balance of the Force-users. Generally speaking good and evil are in balance without the Sith. With the Sith in control they are out of balance because evil is winning.

The only way for something to be in balance is for it to be destroyed?

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yoda did just for giggles. "Heh heh how troll will I the Jedi council today?"

Blip likes this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Prophesies are dreams from a certain point of view. And apparently they are like an [unmentionable body part], everyone in the saga seems to have one.

13. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Forgive me, but I have to point out that being more than a few pounds overweight is not nothing, nor is it a natural part of getting older. The fact that it gets more difficult to lose weight as we get older is natural, yes, but by no means is gaining weight in and of itself an inevitable part of aging.

I can say this because one, I used to be very overweight myself and two, I am an old geezer pushing 50. Being overweight is extremely unhealthy. It puts a person at greater risk for diabetes, heart disease, and stroke -- and that's just for starters.

Now, I adore and admire Carrie more than I can even say. She has accomplished so much with her life, becoming an accomplished writer, putting on her one-woman show, and battling through bi-polar, and through all of this showing class and an incredible sense of humor. She is and always will be awesome and beautiful to me. But I do wish she would lose more weight for one reason only: her health.

jaqen and AkshayTheJedi like this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Wasn't quite sure where to put this but I guess it will fall under Official Info after tomorrow.

Just saw a blurb on CNBC that there will be an interview with Bob Iger from Disney on tomorrow's US Closing Bell show. Star Wars was mentioned as being a topic. The blurb said he would be on around 3:10 PM ET.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks for the info. :) I will be sure to catch that.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Considering the dearth of rediculas threads, and that this MIGHT have some REAL news, it might be worth a thread of its own...

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Considering it's CNBC, the interview will probably be more focused on Disney and its profits (and how the SW franchise will contribute to those) rather than actual film news. That's why I didn't start a new thread on it. Had it been something like CNN and an in-depth interview on the future of the SW franchise, then I'd have started a new thread.

my kind of scum likes this.
  18. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    Whoever accused Carrie Fisher of being fat just because how she looks like after 35 years should be pushed into the Great Pit of Carkoon.

19. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Since you liked my post I assume you don't think I'm guilty of calling her fat, which I never did and never will. Carrie will always be gorgeous to me. Nobody looks the same after 35 years, nor should we.

I guess it's like being a former smoker. Now that I know the many health risks of being overweight, I can't unlearn what I have learned. But since I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a PSA, I'll leave it at that.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, nothing new SW-wise in the Iger interview. He said there's been no official announcement on 'The Big Three'. Interesting interview though.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I watched it too. I wasn't expecting an announcement obviously but he didn't deny George Lucas' comments either.

22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Well, that makes a little bit too much logical sense for the E7 forum, doesn't it?

23. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    Precisely. If he wanted to refute Lucas's comments he could have. Plus when Carrie Fisher was asked to confirm if she has been casted in the EP7.. She replied 'Yes'. Which only suggests that at least she will be part of the movie regardless of rumours, confirmations or speculation.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you missed the interview and want to check it out, it's on the CNBC website. It's about 15 minutes long.

my kind of scum likes this.
  25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I just casually put a Padawan braid into my hair, just like I did in the lead up to RotS. Old habits die hard.