main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Why cancel the show in the first place? Because they're fools. I am not making any excuses for them on that account. Since long term longevity appears to be completely off the table, at this point we want them to finish the remaining important stories. These would include story arcs more like the last two arcs of Season 5 which actually have consequences on the characters they have been developing. That may include investing more money in producing episodes which were originally planned for further out, but it is not out of the question.

2. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    It wouldn't be set during the clone wars, it would be called something else and set at a later time. They can introduce an all new main cast and still carry over some of the original characters and ideas of TCW.

I think they cancelled it because of the messy legal situation with Warner over distribution rights rather than thinking Ahsoka and Maul don’t sell.

earlchinna and Random Comments like this.
  3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Should we just post in this thread and not the cancellation one?

Honestly, it's time for a rebranding of SW. It doesn't need a reinvention like Abrams' "reboot" of ST:TOS, but it's been a stale product for years now.

What was the last great SW game? KOTOR2? Battlefront? TIE fighter :p

The prequel era is just done to death IMHO.

My biggest fear was that Lucas was going to hang on to SW until he died and then gave control to someone like Katie Lucas.

He's made some spurious choices in the last 15 years, but I always thought he was an ideas man - his imagination is incredible - TCW gave me pause, because ideas like bringing Maul are 100% Lucas.

It's time that someone else have control, and you can certainly critique selling out to Disney, but their track record with Pixar and Marvel is pretty great to date.

It's extremely possible that this might finally kill Star Wars, but I doubt it. Change is always hard and in any interregnum period there will be some chaos and upset people.

But if Disney is more or less wiping the slate clean here (IF that's what is actually happening) it could be a great thing.

It might also be that they want Filoni et al to work on a ST era project instead. :D

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't mind people posting all thoughts about the cancellation and the release of remaining episodes in here. But this thread should also stay open as a campaign for letter writing and online correspondence to Disney/Lucasfilm. Like I said, the message to the powers that be may change to "finish the stories the right way!" but the main thing is to keep writing to let them know we care about the show. Those of us who do.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You missed my point.

6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I see the post is un-stickied. It's only been 24 hours since the cancellation announcement and we already gave up?! LOL

I understand that we obviously didn't save it, and I guess there isn't a need to keep it stickied, but I do believe it should stay open. Like I said, I'm still sending letters just for my own peace of mind. I sent mine to Bob Iger yesterday and am sending one to Filoni this week.

earlchinna and QuangoFett like this.
  7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt it has anything to do with distribution rights.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Don't be so sure. I've been hearing about distribution rights issues ever since it was announced that this season would only have 20 episodes.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'll tell you something it is to do with.

Bad storytelling.

Disney read through the scripts of Season 5 and decided to shelve it.

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's probably because Warner/CN buy the rights to air 22 episodes. With Clovis arc in the season it would have been 23. At the time this would have been realised, the final lines on the Disney/Lucasfilm would have been made so it was unlikely whoever was in charge then would have been in the position to renegotiate a deal for an extra episode added to the line-up. I think it is as simple as that. And with Ahsoka having that ending at the end of S5, it was probably much better to air Young Jedi then Clovis.

Watto likes this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You know what else was the problem? Ahsoka's slutty outfits.

Coric likes this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    And just think we could get to see Ahsoka's more tasteful attire as she starts a new life.... [face_thinking] :p

Looking back, the first outfit was kinda lame with the tube top, but the new one wasn't bad. It wasn't slutty at all really. Probably should call out ol' Aayla Secura first.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Fanboy, I agree. Storytelling.

I can see the Disney execs watching season 5.

"So we have Ahsoka and a 21-year-old fighting over Separatist Senator Bieber. We can work with this, it should fit right in on our early evening lineup. And aren't those Jedi kids cute. I don't know about the mission though, with a 16-year-old as their only chaperone. I think parents might complain about the example that sets."

"Why would they do that? Home Alone was popular."

"That was 1989. Ancient history. Let's look at this next arc. What's happening here?"

"Desert planet and a lot of droids being led around by a suicidal frog."

"What? Yeah, they're going to have to do better than that. When did Cartoon Network start promoting drug use? What's next?"

"Bad Jedi arc. Pacifist Jedi who hasn't been seen in three seasons suddenly decides to blow up the Temple. Ahsoka gets blamed for it and is tried by a court-appointed attorney who received her law degree at the Refugee Relief Movement headquarters along with a jury of her non-peers. Explosives-happy brain worm Jedi confesses, the Jedi Council scurries back with their tail between their legs, Ahsoka decides she's better than they are and leaves."

"What?"

"Yeah, goes down the Temple steps into the sunset."

"Filoni, you're fired."

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *cough*you left out Maul in your shameless reimagining of the season....*cough*

V-2 and QuangoFett like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    His asinine reappearance with no colostomy bag happened last season.

Wussy squealing Satine would make a good old-school type Disney Princess though. Thankfully more recent Disney films seem to have moved on from the damsel-in- distress bull****.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  16. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think it's just like "real life". Ahsoka didn't know how to dress herself when she was younger, but as she matured, she go her own style. I agree, Aayla is a little more revealing. I hope if she does make an appearance in the "bonus material", I want to see another outfit.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And they watched the WAC and Gascon arc and said, "this CANNOT ever happen again."

Edit: Just saw anakinfansince1983 's post about them watching Season 5. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    There is a boob window. For a 16-year old girl. A boob window. That's is *****.

But anyways, on TCW's cancellation....your tears are delicious. But seriously, I feel sorry for those who are regretting the loss of this mostly good show, but it had to end sometime, and with the Disney acquisition announcement, this should be expected.

The Shadow Emperor, Coric and eht13 like this.
  19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    How I let myself get away with 'that's is' I'll never know.

And now I'm doubleposting. Le sigh.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    How does unsticking mean we gave up? This thread is still open and we are still discussing what's going on. I've thought of going full on SOS. I sent my letters thank you to Bob Igar, Kathleen Kennedy. Cartoon Network, and ABC on Friday thank you very much. My letters are ready to be printed again at a moments notice and I haven have extra gifts and stickers ready. I'm just unsticking this thread because its staying at the top of its own and there will be more stickies to add tomorrow.

QuangoFett likes this.
  21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The irony of this is killing me.

22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    ***** to him who ***** thinks.

23. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah! Don't give up! Actually that's why I put the "LOL" ;) Sorry, I'm still a little edgy from the news yesterday.

I actually JUST got back from the post office at lunch. I mailed one to Kathleen Kennedy and one to Dave Filoni!!!

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think the funniest thing about this whole situation relates to Ahsoka. Her story has been responsible for the steamrolling of much EU canon, with Even and Barriss' fates dramatically alter for the sake of Ahsoka.
    So where are you going to find Ahsoka's final fate now that the show only has two more arcs to broadcast?
    The EU
    The irony is too much for me.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Ahsoka has been time frozen for some future project myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.