main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    It's been done.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celeste_Morne

2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    All those folks who over the years said Lucas was doing things only for the money are going to find out what "doing things only for the money" really looks like, IMHO.

However I am hopeful that things will work out OK for the most part.

3. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    yes my thoughts exactly

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The random, not to mention off-topic, slut-shaming BS in this thread is pretty damn ridiculous. Especially in the case of a character that has no canonical indication of ever even having sex. Get the hell over how Ahsoka dresses. She's got plenty of actual flaws to pick at, you don't need to perpetuate problematic behavior to get a shot in. She is not *****, the way she dresses does not make her ******, and there is nothing wrong with a female character or any woman who is "*****" because sex is not bad.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree completely, and I don't see how someone could view an animated character as slutty. I actually like how she dresses, as with Aayla Secura, as their clothes make them look like proper female warriors.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Please, no Whore Wars here. Let's just talk about how we'll seek our revenge on Disney.

earlchinna likes this.
  7. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    The virginity is strong w/ a few people on LACWAC.... :rolleyes:

8. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, lets continue to demonize Disney because they obviously did this to piss people off and not because the show had run its course and has been in a downward spiral since season 3.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Seriously.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I almost think the thread should be closed, not just unstickied.

Disney has made up their minds, and Filoini seems mostly at peace with the decision. They are notorious for sticking with a decision like this when it's made. The big key is how many arcs will we get, and what will that wrap up, but that is better saved for the spoilers/non spoilers threads.

V-2 and Coric like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Imported from the other thread....

I changed the title to that thread to http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ode-thread-discussion-major-spoilers.50010467 so it could serve as a thread like the season 5 spoiler thread. I repurposed it. The Cancelled thread and the petition thread would be a trainwreck if I attempted to merge them. Xenforo does it by time stamp so the two threads would gets placed together in a way that would make them hard to follow. The way I see it is we have the Petition/Future thread for discussing the future of the series (I'll take the petition part out eventually. I'm waiting to see if anybody is going to call for anymore petitions. Regardless of ones opinions on them at this point of time, if that happened it'll prevent a dupe thread) and Cancelled thread which IMO is the "Oh my god the sky is falling!" thread so I think we are fine with two threads. We now also have two threads for discussion of the actual episode info leaked. The anger at Disney and sky is falling stuff should day out of those two threads.

Lets try and keep this on topic.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
  13. SevrinThree

SevrinThree Jedi Padawan

Nov 23, 2012
    I mailed mine as well. But I don't think they will be meaningless. Plenty of shows have come back from the grave after cancellation (Futurama!) -- and as many people have said, a written letter is absolutely the best way to let your voice be heard. Keep the faith!

14. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Exactly.

What, you were being sarcastic?

15. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Your point was they would never use TCW characters in any other media because the show that produced them was canceled, wasn't it? Just saying, probably not the case.

This the same Disney that gave Hannah Montana and the Jonas brothers their own shows, as well as countless other horrid live action teen flicks and direct to video sequels?

That Disney decided this show didn't meet it's standards?

Wow... I know you people don't have a high opinion of this show but...wow...

Princess Jasmine wears only slightly more than Ahsoka's first outfit, so no.

earlchinna, MistrX, V-2 and 1 other person like this.
  16. SevrinThree

SevrinThree Jedi Padawan

Nov 23, 2012
    Great point. I'm really concerned that the main reason is simply the cost. For all of George's faults, he paid for quality tech.

earlchinna and 07jonesj like this.
  17. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Perhaps sarcasm is too subtle for some of the people in this thread. Subtle sarcasm, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

18. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I was a big Futurama fan as well!

My main letter to Filoni was (if he had any influence) that he should speak to the powers that be and push for basically the same format, just the "Dark Times" era utilizing the existing characters created in TCW. Something like that would be awesome. The only thing that worries me is:

1) Disney doesn't like the production cost of $2+ per episode.
    2) They want to wipe the slate clean of everything prior to ANH for the ST.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You know what else is to blame?

Mortis.

****ing Mortis.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I honestly couldn't decide whether the show started going downhill there or when Maul came back.

I had the thought that Mortis would have been forgivable if everything else from the moment Maul came back hadn't been craptastic.

22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Mortis is one of the best parts of the series.

Criticizing Mortis is like saying the cave in ESB is bad.

earlchinna and V-2 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've seen Mortis in real life.

I was drunk as hell at the time though.

Seriously...Mortis is an acid trip.

The cave in Dagobah, not so much.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010