main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I liked Mortis.

I'm not sure exactly how it was supposed to fit in overall, but I liked it.

KenobiSkywalker, V-2 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It had a connection to the films.

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, either way, Disney didn't cancel the show because some fans thought it was going downhill and others thought it was only getting better. Shows are rarely canceled solely because their stories are of some level of quality.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Only a sith deals in absolutes.

5. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Not sure that one really applies there.

The Shadow Emperor and V-2 like this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Saying that Mortis cannot be crap because you therefore must also hate the cave in Empire Strikes Back sure sounds like an absolute to me. You must accept both as the same rather than having multiple opinions

eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I guess I just don't see a simile as an absolute.

QuangoFett and V-2 like this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh damn, this argument just got similied.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Oh no he didn't. Its how a bear is like a panda. Similes everywhere!

07jonesj likes this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Which in itself is an Absolute

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I have less of a problem with how Ahsoka chooses to dress herself, and more of a problem with the fact that this is how she's shown. Girls wear these sort of things. I get it, and I don't necessarily have a problem with it. But when you show me a Jedi Youngling, I expect robes. Hell when you show me any Jedi I expect robes. Matters of practicality, basic decency for a group of monastic warrior-knights, especially in underage children, and especially in a war zone. Karen Traviss goes out of the way to point this out. You don't see Katooni running around in a tube top. Sex is not bad. Sexiness is not bad. But displaying 'sexiness' younger and younger scares the hell out of me. In any school, Ahsoka's form of dress would be disbarred. And she's school aged. It's not the character here that's bad, it's how the character is being chosen to be dressed.

Oh and Mortis is incredibly problematic. I'm not really sure how to take it, and I'm not really sure what to take from it. Their callbacks, references, and sybolisms are so random and mixed up that it just becomes this morass of ambiguity. And not in a good way. In a bad way. Yet, I like a lot of what was presented.

Oh and I had a dream that Savage was fighting in some sort of arena area with Son. So I don't know what to make of that.

Valairy Scot and Mia Mesharad like this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets take the stuff about what Ahsoka wears to one of the Ahsoka threads please.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    More like 'please, not another Ahsoka clothing discussion.'

eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I am seeing a lot of exposure for Clone Wars in mainstream press now after the cancellation, and lots of folks speaking up in the twitter-verse. This includes regular folks who aren't as engaged on the behind the scenes stuff as us, folks who just enjoy watching with their kids on the weekend. I am inclined to think that this letter-writing campaign to Disney and Lucasfilm is more relevant than ever now that people are attentive and that there is something to protest. The fact remains that Lucasfilm Animation can finish up episodes from Seasons 6, 7, and (although unlikely) 8 if we keep rallying for it. They have the means to produce and distribute this content anywhere and everywhere if we as fans demand it.

Keep sending those letters! Attn: Bob Iger, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It probably won't hurt to keep sending letters. I also say keep writing. Maybe I'll do a second round for myself and my sidekick. When in doubt spam. It has been gratifying to see mainstream press slamming Disney. Its about time something like that happened in response to something like this. It kinda is like taking candy from babies with how popular this show is with kids. I don't care if it really was them or Kathleen Kennedy. I'm interested to see it Disney we'll come out and say anything else.

16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    At best, a heavy stream of more letters could mean one or two more arcs. I mean, if behind the scenes Dave is trying to get a final arc approved that will tie into the Battle of Coruscant, a load of letters could help him get a "yes" from the higher ups.

Random Comments likes this.
  17. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And yet the Disney logo is behind her there.

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What you're saying here is just fine. The oversexualization of female characters in media, especially the sexualization of young female characters, is a problem and one that should be called out.

It's the idea that Ahsoka, as a character, is ****** because of the way she theoretically chooses to dress, or that a person's manner of clothing is enough to label them a ****, or that a woman of the real or fictional persuasion is pejoratively declared a slut at all because she engages in behavior you (this is a generalized "you") unilaterally deem inappropriate—these are also problematic and should likewise be called out.

And so as to not derail the thread further, that'll be the last I have to say on that here.
    Uh, keep up those letters and stuff!

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Got it, Mia Mesharad I will make sure to remain respectful to the awesome female Star Wars characters.

Back to business, there is news from the "Disney Upfront" conference at a presentation on Tuesday:
    "Disney Channels Worldwide boss Gary Marsh also said the company is “working closely with LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy and director Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) to explore new Star Wars content for our platforms,” to be detailed later this year."
    At the bottom of this link: http://tvline.com/2013/03/13/glee-season-4-spoilers-idina-menzel-returns-shelby/

So, still vague, but its either that Clone Wars will be airing remaining arcs on Disney, or this is some other 2D thing they whipped up. They need to keep us with a stream of better communication as people are obviously ticked off by the initial announcement.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Misogyny overload

Mods pls

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    It's good we hammered that out. I completely agree.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Interesting, they are keeping Filoni! So maybe the next series won't be so different from Clone Wars as we think and we will see some of these Clone Wars characters in the future if Filoni is still involved.

earlchinna likes this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    rezpen my take on it was that a Disney channel would air the remaining Clone Wars episodes. I personally don't see how they'll have a new series ready very soon.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    "Good grief, Rex, doesn't Skywalker tell his underlings to put clothes on? What does he think this is, a cruise liner?" =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.