main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Good thing you ducked. [face_devil]

I haven't decided whether to be optimistic or not yet with this "bonus content". How much exactly is there? Have they already made the mentioned transition into ROTS? If not, are they being allowed to make that as a final arc?

I don't have enough information yet. Regardless, I'm unhappy with Disney stepping in and cancelling everything. One or perhaps two projects would be understandable, but they're literally cancelling or "postponing" everything.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah. Disney has slapped 3 or 4 other fandoms I'm part of in the face but usually its with the old stuff they keep in their own vaults somewhere. I gave them the benefit of the doubt which was ridiculously naive of me.I dread TCW will probably go the anime route and kill all the named 501st clones, that's my gut feeling anyways. Its harder to be optimistic not knowing how much content is there and exactly what it is. I'm predicting atleast 16 episodes to tie everything up but that may be general and my guesses have always been terrible. Except for TCW getting cancelled.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I honestly don't mind this route. They're either going to die or turn into antagonists. :p

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its so cliche though and why many animes don't have rewarding endings. Both Samurai 7 and Wolf's Rain especially. As long as Rex, Fives, Jesse, and Kix don't just go out like punks. A part of me hopes Rex gets time frozen as well. =b

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are probably right, but Dooku did not know all the details.
    Trench being all sinister and calculating is actually how Grievous should be done as well.

PS: That makes me wonder, will we see Grievous in the finale "Bonus" episodes of the show!?

It is cliche. IMO TCW should have been continue a little longer so the show could have time to have a proper ending to many of the things that we are keen on learning: Where is Tikkes?! Rex's fate?! When will Maul die?! Fives's fate?! ... and so on.
    For me it is not about "more episode" greed or something like that... NO, I just want closure regarding my favorite show.

TreborSabreon and Darth_Harmon like this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm confident we'll get to see Rex's and Fives's final days play out. I hope you get to see Tikkes in these final episodes Dan. I don't necessarily need nor want 22+ epiosdes. I just want to see TCW come to a good conclusion and not rush. I hope they tie up everything but not counting on it. -hides from Jones.-

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Interesting... listening to the Rebel Force Radio interview with James Arnold Taylor that went up today and James said he last recorded just last week, and that pre-cancellation announcement he was told he would be needed for an upcoming session. Since the news hit, things have been a bit crazy, but he hasn't heard anything about the upcoming recording session being cancelled or not.

Could be that they have more lines to record or could be that last week was the last of the recording sessions.

My fingers are crossed on more recording sessions, preferably for a final arc/arcs that truly wrap up the series. As is, it sounded like JAT recorded for some great upcoming episodes but it didn't sound like they were true series ending stories.

Question comes up at around the 20 minute mark: http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embe...il/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/#.UUCKWusWl1o

He noted that the last session was business as usual, though the VA's were thinking maybe direct to DVD/blu-ray. Just their guess.

Stuff he has recorded that has gone unaired is described as "fantastic" and "important to the characters" and "important stuff". I still don't get the vibe that they recorded any Battle of Coruscant stuff in the past year.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

If they are still recording stuff, and will continue to do so for a while, I think thats a verry good sign.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, that's pretty uplifting. This ain't over. This show may turn out of have alot in common with Kenny in South Park.

10. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    So wait a minute even the people who worked on the show are surprised about this announcement. I thought they would have knew about this cancellation months ago.

11. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    So I'm new to the forums but I'm gonna throw my two cents in, I only just recently watched almost all of TCW on a whim because I am bed ridden due to injury and I must say it is one of my new favorite tv shows there is (i don't watch a lot of tv though) and I was a little disappointed hearing it was ending so soon after I found it. While I am glad we will get some closure hopefully on a few stories I was really looking forward to seeing things play out over another season or two and there are still plenty of questions for them to answer.

I'll keep my hopes high for now that they will be able to end the series with justice and answer those questions relatively well. I mean what else can we do?

12. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    As I said on the other thread, about the clip:

Ugh. Brainwashing? Really Fioni? Really? I thought that portraying the clones as so individual to start with was a mistake, but this... I don't even think I can find words to describe how horrible an explanation this would be. Come on, cut the BS. We all know that these guys will soon be the bad guy's evil henchmen who get gunned down by the heroes. We know how all these "freedom and individuality" morality tales will end. "Execute Order 66." So show it. These guys will willingly murder their generals after three words from Palpatine and will enforce a brutal regime of slavery, terror, and genocide for over two decades. So show it. They aren't the good guys. They're the bad guys in waiting, at best.

I sincerely hope the context comes up with a good explanation for this, or plot holes big enough to drive a semi truck through will be opening up. Come on guys, TCW already has far too much kiddy crap in it. Let's not add to the list, shall we?

13. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Based on the JAT interview, Dave called the VAs on Friday 3/8 to share the news.

James was away March 1-8, so it sounds like he had a recording session the last week of February.

I gotta think that Dave knew of the cancellation well before the press release, so doing a voice session a week before the announcement had to have been recorded content that they plan on using. Fingers crossed for that, and that they bring the actors in for some more sessions that will be for a true finale.

14. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I believe Palpatine had to make the Clones to be good guys so that the Jedi will trust them and put their faith in them. So the order 66 command had to be something the clones learned later in the war. Once the Jedi trust the clones Palpatine has to turn them secretly.

15. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    If they were good guys they wouldn't spend two decades enforcing a regime of tyranny, terror, and genocide. Which, as we know, they do.

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Hopefully, this is for the true finale.

This what I hope we get:
    -Clovis
    -Fives/Tup/Trench/Order 66 clone arc
    -Bounty hunters arc (this was definitely recorded as shown by this pic) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5540052.-2207520000.1363207521&type=3&theater
    -Maul resolution
    -Mandalore resolution
    -Rex, Ahsoka, Ventress resolution
    -Battle of Coruscant

17. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    And we can't forget about the cloning of the Zillo Beast... Similar to the Maul situation, you guys left the door open, and I hope you follow up on it. But that's only because I had fun watching those episodes being a big fan of Godzilla growing up.

And along the lines of Battle of Coruscant... we gotta get all those Seppie leaders out of Republic jail.

Cevan and Random Comments like this.
  18. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Well, they become "bad guys" later. But they had to be good guys in order for the Jedi to put their trust in them. Palpatine knows that the Jedi would treat the clones as individuals and establish relationships with them. He knew that if the clones were evil to begin with, the Jedi would notice. The Jedi would feel something is wrong with the clones.

Once the Jedi trust the clones, then Palpatine starts turning them against the Jedi. First, Palpatine starts taking over the military, appointing non-jedi officers, providing all administrative support to the clones. This is seen in TCW, the Jedi welcome some of this because they are not soldiers, they are peacekeepers, and now they have no reason to mistrust the clones.

Second, Palpatine needs to create public distrust against the Jedi. The incident with Barriss gives him a perfect legal right to have a plan in case the Jedi turn against the republic. Now Palpatine can legally create an order to have the clones turn against the Jedi without notifying the council. By this time the Jedi trust the clones completely so they have no idea.

The clones are then most likely sent to a facility to receive new training. Their genetic make-up already makes them more docile so new training is possible. The new training involves some kind of subconscious command, like hypnosis. Remember that the reason for the order is that the Jedi have turned against the Republic and want to take over the Senate, which is actually true. They go to Palpatine's office to arrest him and they will control the senate until a new leader is chosen. So the clones are just being loyal to the Republic.

19. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    I knew things weren't good when Dave was doing all those after episode commentaries on the OS. I kept wandering how he had the time for them....now we know.

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah I think Dave Filoni knew long before based on his answers in interviews. Of course they may have held off telling the voice actors until all plans were made about continuing the show and distributing it. I do hope they can bring back the actors for one last session to wrap it up.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Digging up some old stuff Filoni promised way back in January 2012 on his Facebook page

Are we ever going to see Mother Talzin's motivations and learn more about her? She holds many secrets yet to be revealed ;)
    I’m glad you ask about Mother Talzin, she’s actually more important than people guess. You are on the right track. What is she all about? Why is she so interested in Savage and Maul? Patience…in time you will know.

The Q&A also has the "YES" for Tusken Raider appearances in the "future": http://www.facebook.com/notes/dave-...as-many-as-could-be-that-is/10150751885427571

This is not anything new, but just a reminder of stuff we may... or may not see. All part of the new show "$#*! Filoni says."

22. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if none of that gets resolved. he also said we would get a Yoda and fives arc but that's probably never seeing the light of day.

23. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    This is incredibly depressing, I thought we'd have another year or so before they took this down, damn. Well, there's a lot of story that'll never have an ending now, go figure.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going to take a guess and say that that clip that was included in the announcement is from the Fives Arc.

25. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    How's this? Mar Tuuk as a ship captain in Admiral Trench's fleet. The terror it would inspire xD